Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Coaching Casualties 2004

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So yesterday St. Louis and Phoenix axed their coaches and now Sather has axed himself in Ranger-land...

Is this the end?

Interesting move by Slats right now. Is it obvious to most that he is doing this to give himself ANY chance at at least keeping the GM position? I think it's too late for that unless he unloads some major "talent" for some excellent young players.

In other words, it ain't gonna happen :D

~Regs.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who will take all that " talent" ? to many $$ involved right beore the CBA is due. I cant see anyone wanting that baggage. Have the Rangers ever rebuilt? They just continually trade young talent for old expensive talent and hope.
I think that the New York media wont accept a crappy no name team. They would rather have a crappy big name team. You can only mortgage your future for so long, and the Rangers are in the depths of that cycle. I always thought Slats was a genius given what he did with the post Gretzky Oilers, but that seems not to be the case. Hes living the no money limit, buy a team dream, and is sucking at it.

Maybe the Rangers will offer Burkie a spot.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least it isn't as bad as the NBA's Eastern Conference, which every team except Atlanta has changed coaches since last season.

I think Quenville got a raw deal near the end with St. Lou - they never had any stable goaltending, and this year two of his top three defensemen were knocked out in the early stages of the season. And ownership pulled the plug in the off-season letting guys like Nash, Stillman and Bure walk for basically nothing in return. I think Crawford should make a serious run at getting Quenville on the Canuck staff for next year. But my guess is that he'll be in New York, Florida, Washington or maybe even Phoenix as the head man by then.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts