Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Coach Keenan Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I figured I should start a thread dedicated to the best coach in the NHL. Not a bad start, despite the opposition. Apparently, yesterday in his first practice, he went 30 minutes longer than he should have, consequently cutting into the Blue Jackets' practice time. You have to love his gamesmanship. Anyway, here is the first game, hopefully followed by some quotes.

Final 1st 2nd 3rd Total
Columbus 0 0 0 0
Florida 1 0 1 2

Well done, Iron Mike.

Captain

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capt.

I knew you where stupid but this stupid. Your fcuking kindding me that Iron Mike is the best Coach in the league. Have you forgotten all the teams that he has screwed up along his way in the NHL. I think that the only reason you like him is becasue your FLyers ALMOST won a cup with him as the coach.

Coppertonedidn'tthinkthatcaptaincouldgetanydumberbuthehas:D

SCOTTY BOWMAN and that is all I will say:D ;) :p :cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right.....

Coppertone,

Easy to read and look at stats, isn't it? Actually, I know it is not for you BUT Bowman has always been blessed with the most talented teams, including his teams of the 70s in Montreal. So, Keenan is an excellent coach, who MAKES his players work hard. There are too many slack ass players in the league who need a hard nosed coach to send them in the right direction. Keenan has a winning % of .570, which is pretty good and he is 4th(I think) in wins. He has not been given the talent that Bowman has. Seriously, I didn't think you were dumb enough to think I truly think Mike Keenan is the best coach in the league. Once again, you came through, Putz. At least he makes his players accountable for their laziness and over inflated salaries.

The Keenan watch continues.

BTW, Boston/Canucks did not give him a fair shake. Cnuts.

Captain Keenan

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For you, Coppernuts

Keenan became the sixth coach in Panthers history Monday, one day after Duane Sutter was fired. He is fifth in all-time wins with 540 and in games coached with 1,070. The controversial coach takes over his seventh NHL team, following stints with Philadelphia, Chicago, the New York Rangers, St. Louis, Vancouver and Boston.

Keenan has won three Presidents' Trophies, six division titles and led teams to the Stanley Cup Finals four times. With the Panthers, he inherits the team with the fewest wins in the league.

But Florida played crisp hockey Wednesday and snapped a four-game losing streak.

"I thought we definitely showed a lot of passion in our game, and the work ethic certainly was there," Keenan said. "The overall assessment is that we bent a little bit but we didn't break in terms of our confidence, trying to defend the lead."

"We wanted to start hard and play hard, and if the opportunity is there, go to the net hard," Keenan added. "I'm really appreciative of the efforts of our team. It's a big night for everyone. As I said they responded very well to a very, very big change in their lives. They responded and accepted the responsibility well."

Well done, Iron Mike.

3 presidents, 6 divisionals, 4 Finals, 1 win.....

Not bad for such a shitty coach......

Captain

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds familiar...........

3 presidents, 6 divisionals, 4 Finals, 1 win.....
You sound like Croatia now!:rolleyes: I agree that keenan is a great coach and he knows how to win! Looking at his stats he has coached some bad teams yet he still that amazing win %. He must be dong somthing right!

Coppertone shut up!

knvbwhothinksIronMikeisthebest!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He must be stuck with imposters on blades...

His players may not be ineligible but they are fcuking shocking. Another loss tonight, even after yanking that sieve Luongo who game up 3 goals on 16 shots. They ended up losing 4-1, so his strategy worked as they tied the rest of the game. He truly is a genius(sp?). Once Bure gets into the swing of things again, they will start to get some results. He played a limited role tonight.

Go Keenan Go.

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keenan should have kept is tv job,what a loossseerrr, he couldn't coach a bunch of rufc idiots in to the pub after a match.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right about the RUFC part BUT

wrong about the rest. A solid win tonight against the Devil in New Jersey ending a NINE game winless slide in the Meadowlands.

Florida 3, New Jersey 2

"We played well defensively, particularly in the one-on-one battles," Keenan said. "We showed a lot of discipline and waited for an opportunity, even in the later stages of the game."

It's all about winning the one-on-one battles. Something that Keenan does better than anyone. What a brilliant tactician. The Idiots should think about signing him........

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back to back......

Florida 3 NY Islanders 1

The victory was the 542nd in the regular season for coach Mike Keenan, tying him for fourth all time with Billy Reay.

"It's a great honor," Keenan said. "Obviously, I have had some tremendous teams to be in that category with Hall-of-Fame coaches."

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After losing to the Rangers 4 - 2, after leading 2-0 after one, Coach Keenan's troops bounced back to thump Washington 5-2.

Pete Worrell cost them the game against the Rangers, when he boarded Fag Fleury, which woke up the Rangers. Anyway, the Panthers' record since Keenan arrived is

4 wins and 3 losses . The teams they have defeated have a combined record of 56 wins and 49 losses thrown in with a bunch of ties. Not bad for a guy who is a useless coach. BTW, don't use Bure as an excuse for this. He didn't play in 2 of the wins. :)

Go Coach Keenan. You're the man.

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The bubble has burst

It looks like the panthers are back to their old ways , getting thrashed on friday, and proably another tonite by those leafs,( i hate the leafs but i hate keenan more)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keenan is still the man. Think about it. The team that he assembled and coached last year, Boston, are finely tuned now. Next year, if he is still around, the Panthers will be the same way. They are still .500 since his arrival, which is a lot better than where they were before. They will rebound tonight against Leafs and salvage a tie.

Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts