Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Coach Carter

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In many ways Coach Carter is like so many other sports movies before it. Must-win big games, scoring the last second point, ra-ra-ra pep talks, the love-interest off the court, blah, blah, blah. And this movie manages to make all the right shots when taken.

Samuel L. Jackson plays the real life, hard-nosed Coach Carter – the new basketball coach bent on not only making winners out of his “only 4 wins all last year” team, but also turning them into gentlemen and students. A whole bunch of young new actors play a bunch of junior and senior high school “students” in urban L.A. who are anything but.

What really works this time, though, is the depth to which we actually care, feel, and understand the boys and the situations they live in. Without revealing away any of the story, the boys do fail on occasion and thankfully, we see that Coach Carter doesn’t provide them with the little break, pat on the back, and “better luck next time” we see and do ourselves so often in our lives. Coach Carter has a plan, and everyone – not just the boys – better live up to the rules that govern our lives. This is the kind of movie that will motivate you to think about being a better person.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
This is the kind of movie that will motivate you to think about being a better person.

I don´t think I could be any better. Guess I can skip this one then.

terry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Samuel L. Jackson is Coach Carter in real life? I feel cheated and misled. I thought Samuel L. Jackson was a Jedi called Mace in real life.

Sounds as though there are a lot of bunches in the film. Any coconuts? Did you know that the collective noun for a 'bunch' of ravens is an unkindness? :)

I've spent all my adult life actually trying to care, feel, and understand boys and the situations they live in.

I've never felt such emotion reading a film review. I have tears cascading down my cheeks.

I thought I was the only gay on this website.

terrytoo

Jan 26, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Echo

So Samuel L. Jackson is Coach Carter in real life? I feel cheated and misled. I thought Samuel L. Jackson was a Jedi called Mace in real life.

Sounds as though there are a lot of bunches in the film. Any coconuts? Did you know that the collective noun for a 'bunch' of ravens is an unkindness?

I've spent all my adult life actually trying to care, feel, and understand boys and the situations they live in.

I've never felt such emotion reading a film review. I have tears cascading down my cheeks.

I thought I was the only gay on this website. :D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's hope terry never finds the Cornwall Times Movie Review section.

Dehydration's a bitch.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0