Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Co-ed 2001 banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Co-ed

Keeper,

Did anyone from the league send you the playoff schedule yet?

Jim Holiday,

To answer your question the other day in the "new Auld forum", of course NC takes precedence over co-ed at this time of year, as much as it pains me to say. I think the HBDE could be struggling for numbers in any event as many players are either getting married (Colin and Janine tomorrow nite) or are on their honeymoon (CJ and Leigh)... the most I think that we could be missing due to NC is two since everyone plays on different teams (except for myself and Notty, but he can't play anyways due to a bad pin...).

And finally I'd just like to rant about Maverick's/the league for fcuking up our games... you'll note that the HBDE finished the regular season with one less game played... I think Mavericks owes us a round of Kilkennys and a shrimp ring...

~TB.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing had arrived when I left for school this morning. Hopefully something'll pop up by the time I get home.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eastside vs Buddha @ BBY Turf, Sunday @ 12pm.

Hoping to avenge the drubbing they handed us a couple weeks ago at Kwa--------am !!

Cheers, Mackers.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry about the delay:
I've got the schedule done up for the games on Sunday. I've already
contacted the teams who played last night and seeing as BC Milan defaulted
1-0 to Cosmos last night and Ineeda Beer and Cat & Fiddle tied 1-1, I've got
a rough idea of how the standings finish. In deciding the final standings,
any teams who were tied with the same amount of points, I used the following
tie breaking method:

1. total points
2. total wins
3. head to head record
4. goal difference
5. goals for
6. coin toss....however it never came down to this.

Therefore the final standings (as per my calculations...) are as follows:

1. Arse-nal 8-2-2 26 points
2. Mountain Shadow 7-1-4 25 points
3. Eastside 8-4-0 24 points
4. Gunners 7-3-2 23 points
5. Rockets 7-4-1 22 points
6. Buddha 6-3-3 21 points *finished ahead of mavericks due
to head to head result
7. Mavericks 6-3-3 21 points
8. Dragons 5-4-3 18 points
9. Cosmos 5-5-2 17 points *finished ahead of union jackers
due to more wins
10. Union Jackers 4-3-5 17 points
11. WWW 5-7-0 15 points *finished ahead of allover united due to
more wins
12. Allover United 4-5-3 15 points
13. Ineeda Beer 3-5-4 13 points
14. BC Milan 2-6-4 10 points
15. Cat & Fiddle 2-7-3 9 points
16. QLT Photons 0-8-4 4 points
17. Rubber Bullets 0-9-3 3 points

So, the playoffs are as follows (can you post this section from here on)

"A" CUP
Arse-nal vs. Dragons 7 pm Ioco Field
Mountain Shadow vs. Mavericks 4 pm Kwayhquitlam
Eastside vs. Buddha 12 pm Burnaby Lake
Gunners vs. Rockets 6 pm Kwayhquitlam

"B" CUP
Cosmos vs. QLT Photons 5 pm Ioco Field
Union Jackers vs. Cat & Fiddle 2 pm Kwayquitlam
Wild Wild West vs. BC Milan 12 pm Osler
Allover United vs. Ineeda Beer 12 pm Como Lake

Playoff games will consist of two 45 minute halves. If the game is still
tied at the end of regulation, there will be two "golden goal" halves - 15
minutes in length. If the game is still tied, it goes to penalty shots with
the first shooter being a female and alternating between male and female
after that until there is a winner. TEAMS WILL PAY THE REFEREE FEES FOR THE
QUARTER FINAL GAMES. Game days and times for the semi-finals will be decided
on Sunday night with teams being informed Sunday and Monday.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't heard anything about HBDE today, but if you were anything like us, you defaulted. We could only get 6-7 people today so I phoned in a default. How utterly pathetic. This has been the summer from hell, and I'm never organizing co-ed summer soccer again.

The reign is over.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
We actually had a squad... though we were at the wrong field. Sorted it out though and managed... a 1-0 loss.

Talk about a weekend of hell... I have no soccer now until the fall season. That's a good thing right about now...

~TB.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Try Hard FC 4 - 3 Eastside

We had 8 players to start and went down 3 - 0 within the first 10mins. 3 more players came late to make it 11 for us and we turned the game around to pull close. Their goalie was on fire and we couldn't overcome the 3 - 0 start. The highlite of the game had to be their forward's reply to my comment, after he was screaming at the ref, "no wonder you lot have been nicknamed Tryhards", his comment was "we like being called that" ?? I guess they really don't get it !! It was shitty losing especially to that lot, oh well !!

So, no HBDE / Cheatside repeat final this year, but Regs, are you planning a wind-up, maybe we could join you, i'll bring the shrimp ring !!

Cheers, Mackers.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Mackers,

There's always a wind-up... we just don't know where or when yet. However, I do believe quite a few of us are planning on attending the beer garden this Sunday over at Lonsdale Quay where the Caribean Days are being held. 3 HBDE's are helping out in running it (AJ, Leah, and Renne).

It might be the only beer garden running next weekend (?).

~TB.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remeber chatting with AJ about that last year, i'll be at SnowJam this weekend but will try to nip up to the 'shore to take in a couple pints, maybe i'll see ya there.

Cheers, Mackers.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mackers,

Are you simply trying to artificially inflate your post count?

Hopefully, I'll have all of yesterday's results up on the web tonight. But then again, I gues we've already heard about the only ones that matter.;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy Holiday,

How's DarkAngel taking the loss? Rumour has it she's not too happy with a couple of no-show cheatsiders...

~TB.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs

Dark Angel is absolutely pissed!:mad:
She didn't talk to me the whole night!
As for Tish and Steve,they might as well don't even think of coming to our year end function.

I just don't understand why games couldn't of been played during the week,the better teams would of still been around!
Hopefully the organizers will take this into consideration next year!

Mackers

We're definately gonna have a year end bash. :)
When and where is still up in the air but it will happen!
Maybe I'll see you at Snowjam

Cheatside

Thank you to all the dedicated players,it was a fun year.
We'll be back next year,Bigger,Badder and Better!

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

You got me, i'm trying to increase my post count in hopes of gaining whatever it is that you gain by doing that, what exactly is that Keeper........ :D

Mackers.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Co-Ed will only become a complete loss if those fcukers from TryHard Buddha win, PLEASE someone beat them, that'll be reason enough to party(not that we aren't going to anyways, but the liqour will be a lot sweeter).

Cheers, Mackers.

keeperthatsonemorepost5moreandigetasetofsteakknives.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another rumour has it that AJ AKA Sexual Chocolate is going to be one of the league organisers next year... expect so changes for the good :)

Ultimate piss-take for Co-ed: HBDE's and Cheatside show up at the final with BBQ, pints, and all the other stuff, and set-up camp with all our Costco chairs lined up with their backs to the game. Would make for a great mixed year-ender :)

~TBwhofindsMackersmerelyAnnoyingwithhisposttotalbumping.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what happens with increased post totals, I get to go from "lurker tendancies" to "merely annoying" !! What an accomplishment.

As for Sunday's final, that sounds like a fantastic idea, except for one thing, we'll have to borrow some costco chairs, a bbq and some pints from you....wait a second....haven't we been doing that all year......yup....I guess we'll see you there !!

Cheers, Mackers.

PS. Rockets(my girlfriend's, sorry, fiancee's team) are in the final against the winner of Buddha and Arse-nal !!

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mackers, TB:

Regarding having to play "...the winner of Buddha and Arse-nal", no doubt a match-up that would be a stunning advertisement for the co-ed game, i don't envy the Rockets. I actually can't decide which team i like less, and that's probably saying a lot about Arse-nal whom i've only played against once (it was enough). Although i like the idea of showing up to the final, i don't think i could stomach even being on the sidelines while one of those two teams is playing. I think i'll stay at the Caribbean Festival instead, especially on Sunday after the beer profit quota is met.

max

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mackers,

How come you failed to mention that in your loss to Buddha(aka Try Hard) that you guys played about 20 minutes with 6 guys and 4 girls on the field, and that you scored one of your three goals during that time. Then your guys tried to pretend that you didn't know the rules were 5 and 5?

As for this Try Hard stuff, does it really bother you that much? Does it throw you off your game? Is that why you lost?
You should be glad that those tryhards they don't yell at the other teams players.

I am the first to admit that there are guys on the team who, lets just say, put a little bit more effort into it than others, but can't you do what we do and just either ignore them or tell them to shut up?

Please don't think that we are all like that. And trust me I have seen the same thing from all the teams in this league.
Speaking of Try Hards of another kind. Watched a co-ed game last night at Burnaby Turf from the B-side of the draw. Another fight almost broke out. YIKES!!!!! Fighting in co-ed?

Can't we all just get along????????
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts