Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Co-ed 2001 banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mackers,
as for the 6 -4 comment. We didn't notice you had 6 guys until you scored and we couldn't figure out why we were chasing so many of your guys around. Is that how the whole Cheatside thing came about?
Going to the finals on Sunday? Does your girlfriend play on the other team in the finals?

Anyone else hear the story about a fight breaking out at one of the last co-ed games and some guy calling his parents who then came down to the field and proceded to yell at the league organizer?

True?/Lie?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Max Blink,
I think I know the game that you saw us pull a tryhard and all leave right after it was over.
It was right after the long weekend in July. At Minnekhada (sp)
A few of us had to go to Burnaby for a late mens game and the rest were still hung from camping on the weekend.

That was pretty lame for us I admit.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rob,
dont let that get out. I have more "other men" to deal with than I can handle already. I only get to see her for an hour a day as it is because of her busy schedule with all the other guys.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda,

You guys have several years of Try-hardness that we can call on for quotes. The term was even coined for your team. That being said, yes, Ares-nal were much bigger wankers that Budda this year. Happy? :rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgan,
No it doesn't make me happy. I am just posting an observation as everyone else here has done. And again I am not looking for sympathy from you guys or trying to make new friends. Did you think that you would just post stuff here and not get a response. Am I not allowed to post my comments as well? We are just here to have fun. Nobody needs to get bitter. Just take the piss.

Maybe I should just reply to everything with a "Yes, you are absolutely right". Would that make everyone happy?

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda,

I can't believe that you guys bitch about us like you do and don't say anything about that team. Put simply, you wouldn't have even noticed our tryhardness because they were yelling and screaming so much at there own team.

All, I'm doing is giving credit where credit is due. Our last game against your lot was quite a decent game, I enjoyed it. You said we have nothing to say about Arse-nal....

I don't mind a team that works hard and has a strategy and even chats about it at halftime. I don't like the teams that play dirty, bitch and whine at the ref and swear at each other during the games.

Arse-nal had all three. Budda only one.

Cheer up sunshine.:rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgan,
point taken. Cheers. I sat on the sideline for our game lastnight (injury, not because I didn't make all three practices:) ).
I do see the points you guys are making. We have addressed them a few times with players on our team. Does it solve the problems. Not always. It's tough to teach an old dog new tricks, if you know what I mean. (The Rob probably does). Next year is a new season. Hopefully things will be different. If they let us in the league again.

Being called tryhards as a team, fine, if thats what we're like out on the field I guess we will have to deal with it, but individually a majority of the team are not as try hard as people may think. If you look closely there are only a couple of them on the team and we know who they are but since we usually don't have more than 2 subs we can't ask them to leave can we? At least not till the end of the season anyways?

You haven't made me cry...............yet. Still cheery as ever.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HBDE/Cheatside final wrap-up

Wednesday Aug 1st 6:00 pm apparently at Sportstown... 7:30 pints and burgers start.

I think it's about $7 or something...

~TB.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs

Wednesday the first it is then.
Are we gonna have a match or just mess around?
Dark Angel wants a piece for bad mouthing her on this thread!:)
There's room in the batting cage for all three of you boys!

Do you know if all their facilities are indoor?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's a game in the arena apparently so bring your turfs or multies.

Speaking of DarkAngel, why hasn't she 'activated' her account yet? it's been sitting there for almost a week now...

~TB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What Avatars? What gives, Yoda?

Yoda,

I am still waiting for a response for next season's co-ed league. As I stated before, I am very keen(despite what Mackers wrote) and believe I can adjust to any style of game Buddha wants to play. Please let me know.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
subterfuge,
Nice photo of me back in my younger days. I thought all those photos were gone.
New Avatar flags were added. More to choose from now. Unless I was just blind and didn't see them all a few days ago.

Are you just interested in playing with us because you heard we have some cute girls on our team?

I will let you know when we are having our tryouts. Then you will have to write a multiple choice test, do a cardio test, run some drills to see what kind of skills you have. We will then send you a letter with you test scores and if you pass you can start practicing as soon as next week. You did know that we start practicing for next season the week after this season ends didn't you?

We will see how many tryhards come out next year.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Subterfuge

Cheatside is looking for players that have the desire and intensity that your showing through these posts!
Forget tryouts your already on!

Regs

I think shes having a little problem with understanding this whole new concept.I've tried to coach her through it but to no avail,lets just say she's a little :confused:

Yoda
We would love to invite your team to our year end bash,but some of your crew may get a little out of hand during the scrimmage.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, I'm having a hard time understanding this thing about the "try-hards". ~Explaing a "Tryhard" situation is a little hard to do Mackers, when the actual "try-hard" does not see things on our side of the fence.

Next years new unis will lable like this "long live the 'try-hard' FC."(it is only a matter of time). Because apparently those
co-eders only play throughout the summer season.

We'll just have to get our fix somewhere else. Hey, how about the real co-ed final that is taking place this Wednesday on the indoor pitch. No refs necessary, due to a count of fair sportsmanship!

See you on the pool deck, and oh, after a few frosty ones too!

~SC (Love the Trini flag Regsi, on a count of where all the action was/is on the weekend!)~Bzzr only $2.50-$3.50 all weekend long!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0