Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Co-ed 2001 banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think so...

And trust me I have seen the same thing from all the teams in this league

You're full of it. There is no way in Hell you've ever seen anything close to an HBDE giving shite to another HBDE on the pitch.

~TB.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda

How come you failed to mention that you guys were up 3-0 after 20 mins playing against a whopping 8 players.
When we finally fielded a full squad it ended 4-3,I'm sure if we had everyone the result would of been different.This was one game I wish I was at!

Regs and Mackers

How about a year end bash at Sportstown with a repeat of last years finalists?:cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
heard that one before

JH,

'Reith mentioned last nite that Carl from your squad suggested the Sportstown thingy... something concerning batting cages (to lock Elise in when Tesh et al show up I think), volleyball games and pints beside the pool.

Sounds good to me...

~TB.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to hear a re-buttle from Yoda. This tryhard controversy is great reading.

TR.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holiday,
there was no reason to mention that we were up 3-0 in first 20min, Mackers already mentioned that.

Regs,
maybe you are right, maybe none of your players have said anything to each other remotely like that. I guess that doesn't make them tryhards then. What I was actually referring to was that every team has players that complain on the field. Your team included. I have heard on the field comments made from your players to other players on other teams. Or maybe that was just our team they make those comments too. I don't think the girls on our teams get along very well:)

ANYWAYS......................... this discussion could go on forever about whether this actually happens or not. I just wanted to make a point that every team has complainers whether it's to a ref, teammate, or opposition.

The Rob,
You know I am not a tryhard because in the past I stopped dressing for games for half a season because of a tryhard. It just wasn't fun for me anymore.

I guess this means we aren't going to have very many fans out to watch our game tonight. Doesn't sound like anyone likes either of our teams.:(
Maybe next year we can be friends.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
don't forget the game report

Yoda:

I'd be interested to hear your take on Arse-nal. Look out for the left-back #3, just take my word for it. Oh, and i think some girls on HBDE have distaste for someone named "Spidey"???

btw, guilt isn't going to make people friendly. that's what beer is for. buddha should host a post-match party on Hairy Blue Dragon Way at Burnaby turf next year. in my books, the definition of try-hards is the whole team leaving right after the game.

max

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Max Blink,
Haven't played Arse-nal yet. Will let you know my take on them.
Thanks for the headsup on #3.
What game did we leave right away from?
Must have been an odd day because 2 coolers of beer in the back of one of our trucks at every game doesn't make us go home right after a game very often.

No guilt trip being laid here.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While I hate to side with any Budda/Try-hard, I'll have to agree that I have seen them drink plenty after games...

~TBwhohasnoideawheremaxgotthatdefinitionoftryhardfrom.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caving In?

Regs,
I will take that as a compliment if I may. If it's one thing we can do is drink and i think that is the more important part of every game.

Your not caving in and thinking that we might be more like you guys than you think are you?

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda,

You obviously drew the short straw amongst you and your teammates. I can picture it now, you are all sitting around after your third training session of the week and have decided that it's about time to write into TTP and try to gain supporters as it is getting extremely obvious that no one likes any of you lot.

So you've lost and now you are trying to drum up some support and although valiant, are still coming up short!! The bottom line is that the majority of your team just doesn't get the whole" Co-Ed Summer Soccer" thang.....it's just for fun !! You can try and come on here and drag others down with you but it's not working, I see right through you. Our last game against you epidimized(sp?) your team, eg. 1 - "****, come on RED", this is a direct quote from your teammate after one of you missed a pass, eg. 2 - we had to stop the game so you could pull our injured 11th player out of net and make her play out because of some 5 and 5 rule, eg. 3 - "We like to be called that" (from an earlier post, but is a beauty that had to be repeated) a reply, by your forward, to my comment "no wonder you are called try hards"

I could go on but i've gone to long already(Regs, does this count for 2 posts), the bottom line is.....NICE TRY.....just go back to your training sessions and good luck in the final....bye!!

Cheers, Mackers.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get over yourself Mackers,

First of all we only practice twice a week. The third get together is for our cardio training so that we can pass the fitness test to stay on the team next year.
:D

Secondly,
do you actually think that I am here to save face for our team and get YOUR support. Not likely!!!!
I joined to see what kind of shite I could stir up. Obviously its working. It's actually kind of fun being on the BAD team.

I am a little confused though. Our team is having fun out there, how come you aren't? Why are you so bothered by what our team is doing? I am sorry that we are ruining your fun.

As for the rules issue (5 on 5), everyone else follows them how come you don't have to? If your goalie was injured we probably would have let her stay in net. How were we supposed to know?
She could have checked one of our 3 injured players.
AND NO I AM NOT LOOKING FOR SYMPATHY NOW!!!!

Regs, does this count as 2 posts?
I should make these shorter. As this issue dies down they will get shorter.

Gotta go watch our game. Can't play, still hurt from having to play the last game against you guys.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm with you, Yoda

Yoda,

I have always admired you on film. Don't take this Mackers and Regs seriously. They are extremely jealous that they don't have a chance to win this year. It is as simple as that. I am looking for a co-ed team next year and I would love to come to a winning squad who takes things seriously. I have always wanted to two-foot tackle a girl. Hey, if they want to play with the big boys, then they better take what I can dish out. Regs/Mackers just don't understand what it takes to win co=ed soccer. I do and I think you might want to sign me next summer.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year's Burnaby Canadians co-ed team wasn't much fun, until I started berating the females on our team for their poor play. The highlight of the summer was when I made one cry after she played a square ball in the middle of the park. The nerve of that bitch. But you can guaran-fcuking-tee she'll never do that again, which is what co-ed is really all about........

Learning.

ps - I was also pissed at the lax training regiment we were on last summer as well. Only three practices a week, and alternating friday cardio/weight-room sessions? No wonder we missed the playoffs. And don'tget me started about the tongue-lashing I gave the guy who tried to sneak a beer into the changeroom after our last game of the season. The nerve!

-Sgt. Sensei.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda,

I have to say, you are persistent, good on you !!

I was going to leave it alone after your last post but this is too much fun. I don't know how to do that quote thing that everyone does so I have to fake it:

Quote: "We are having fun out there, how come you aren't"

Does swearing at teammates and the ref constitute having fun?? Your definition of fun differs from mine I guess and as for our team having fun, you should come out and watch an HBDE / Eastside match sometime, you'll see how Co-Ed is supposed to be partied, ooops, I mean, played.

Quote: "If your goalie was injured we probably would have let her stay in net."

Read that back to yourself and think about what you just wrote, "probably" being the operative word in that sentence. You let us play 6 and 4 until we scored to make it 3 -1, there was no way, at that point, you were going to let us play that way the rest of the way:( Yeh, yeh, yeh it's the rules, god forbid a Buddha to show mercy :confused:

Anyways, i'm sure you won tonight, so let's hear all about it, I can't wait ;)

Cheers, Mackers.

PS. Subterfuge, you'll never win a spot on their squad, you don't run hard enough, so get on the tredmill and take your grouchy pills, you may have a shot !!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mackers wrote in reference to Budda,

"and try to gain supporters as it is getting extremely obvious that no one likes any of you lot"

I think a couple of Budda's female forwards are cute. One named Lindsay and one whose name I didn't hear but who wasn't pleased when she got kicked by me on the follow through of a clearance.

She was trying hard to block it.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky,

The other one is Janice, I like Janice actually, she seems to have a good attitude, maybe we can get her to come play with Cheatside next year ????

Cheers, Mackers.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky's taste in birds is suspect at best...

I don't think Jinky is talking about "Janice"... she's the quiet one who plays out wide left and scores nice goals I think...

The one Jinky is talking about is semi-tall and blonde... plays up front/out wide right. Everytime I've heard her say something, it's been on the bitchy side. I'm not saying she's a bitch. Just that everytime she has something to say, it's with a bitchy attitude...

~TB.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mackers,
WE WON, WE WON, YIPEEE!!!!!! 3-0
That was just for you since I know you wanted me to come back and brag about it. I wouldn't have but since you asked.:)
I can't believe that you guys bitch about us like you do and don't say anything about that team. Put simply, you wouldn't have even noticed our tryhardness because they were yelling and screaming so much at there own team. They even had a team meeting at half to discuss what they were doing wrong. The only things they were missing were their play lists and chalk board to draw them on.

As for the question about whether we have tryouts or not.
ARE YOU KIDDING!!!! Wholly shite does everyone has the wrong impression about our team.

Regs,
I think you might be talking about my girlfriend.
WATCH IT BUDDY!!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts