Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chicago Fire parts ways with head coach Frank Yallop

ArticleBot

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chicago Fire parts ways with head coach Frank Yallop

After a dismal 2015 season in Major League Soccer, the Chicago Fire announced Sunday that the club has let go of team head coach Frank Yallop, along with assistant coaches Marc Bircham and Clint Mathis.

The club's technical director Brian Bliss was named interim head coach, with former Fire captain Logan Pause as his interim assistant coach.

The club also announced it has hired a new general manager in former Chivas USA president Nelson Rodriguez, who was last with U.S. Soccer as the managing director of national team advisory services.

Yallop was the team's head coach for the last two seasons, taking over after leaving the San Jose Earthquakes in 2013. In his time with Chicago, Yallop oversaw a 13-26-24 record, leading to a poor finish to the 2015 season, where Chicago currently sits in 10th place in the Eastern Conference, bottom of the league and well out of a playoff spot.

"I share our fans' frustration and, while we've enjoyed success off the pitch, I'm obviously not happy with the results on it," said club owner Andrew Hauptman. "I felt the need to make changes now in order to better position ourselves for the offseason and beyond.

"I have tremendous confidence about the future of this Club in Nelson's hands and am beyond thrilled to bring him to Chicago," he added.

The appointment of Rodriguez will be key in turning the franchise around as the club hit a historic league-low in 2015.

"It is with great pride and excitement that I am joining the Chicago Fire," Rodriguez said in a statement. "I have tremendous respect for Andrew and his vision for the future of this Club and thank him for this opportunity. I have always enjoyed Chicago and admired its great sports fans.

"I consider leading the Fire to be more than just a responsibility, but also a privilege," he continued. "I will work hard to uphold the club's tradition, protect its honor and help raise more championship banners. I look forward to working alongside the great club staff assembled at Toyota Park."

As for Bliss, the former MLS defender takes over on an interim basis after joining the Fire's management staff in 2013. Bliss was also the interim head coach of the Columbus Crew in the 2013 season, going 4-4-0 to end the year.

Copyright © 2015 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

Continue reading...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts