Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cheers, Pegforum/Offtheball/TTP

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to thank the site for a few years of entertainment. From the days of Chocolate Burnsallah to about the EIRE United 'merge', I've really enjoyed the site. But now it is time to move on. I can't keep up with a lot of the current moderators/posters. Some just simply tell you to fcuk off, which is fine because as a moderator, that is one of the privileges apparently.

To Fastshow, you were TTP. End of story. When you were told not to 'attack' other TTP members(I think Keeper was the main target surprisingly) things started to change. I don't need to respond to this anymore because I know it is true. Others on the site will believe what they are told to believe and that is fair enough. I don't blame you for packing it in. Once the site lost the significance of the title, there really was no point for you.

To all others who were here at the start, kudos to you too. Sensei(Mmm Bop), Jinky, Reedy etc.....have added plenty during your time. Of course there were many more but I'm too lazy to go back and check the archives. Until I grow up(right theRob?) I'll probably continue to be lazy.

I'll finish this off by thanking Regs for all the work he has put in over the years. I hope the changes in the site work out for you and everyone else who is working to make the site bigger. I do mean this by the way because I do know you have put a shite load of time into making this a bigger site, not necessarily better in my opinion but that is only 1 opinion out of 2000+ members. I hope your moderators do their job for you too and you get everything out of the site that you want. Good luck in the final again.

Finally, good luck to all teams playing in their respective leagues this season. You are the main reason for this site continuing to exist.

Stephen Burns/Captain Shamrock/O'Reilly/Me/ ChocolateBurnsallah/BingoMeriex/NucleusSmith/

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A sad, sad day indeed!
Bring back the Captain, Fastshow, etc!!! Maybe even my pal Sid and Dazza!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
Capt'n: Will you bo over at Uglyfootballers.com??

Only if that is the new Website for Celtic :D

Lets Go Rangers, HOS

Captain, you will be missed from this site, but to be completly honest with you and any others, this site (TTP) is BIGGER than you and any other posters that may be un-happy with the way it is run or not run.

Long Live TTP and Long Live HOS

Now that is Funny

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strangely, in his passing, I never really knew him.

No, really -- I never knew him.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
Capt'n: Will you bo over at Uglyfootballers.com??

I think Captain is moving on to the Cornwall Times.

Cap'n...Too bad you took my Mr. Woo post the wrong way. I've always enjoyed your honest/blunt posts. Your M.O. of swinging in all directions and then asking questions later was also a joy to witness. You're definitely not a sheep, and...anybody who can get theRob that angry has a gift.

Fasty was THE man, but there are posters like Jinky and Sensei who have the ability to crack me up almost as well. And HOS...now HE'S FUNNY!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How come every person I ever pay tribute to (Fasty with his avatar, and Shamrock in my signature) always seems to quit soon after? Coincidence or is there more to it? I think I'll borrow Yoda's avatar for a while and see if it has a similar effect.

Fingers crossed.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS isn't funny. He's just funny looking.

The AAA Senior Girls thread will no longer be the same without the Captain questioning Lionheart's gender (who the fukc knew it was a chick?).

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and ev'ry highway;
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried.
I've had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
"No, oh no not me,
I did it my way".

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
How come every person I ever pay tribute to (Fasty with his avatar, and Shamrock in my signature) always seems to quit soon after? Coincidence or is there more to it? I think I'll borrow Yoda's avatar for a while and see if it has a similar effect.

Fingers crossed.

This site is a joke.. I QUIT !!!!!

dialis343

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:

Fingers crossed.

More of an reader than a poster, but I couldn't resist. Hell, if it works for you I can only hope.

Fingers and toes crossed.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is sad to see the good ones go but did you know there really is a "Cornwall Times".

Check it out yourselves!!!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't comment on the past issues that have caused you to come to this conclusion, but it's too bad it has come to this. I've only met you once, but have heard great things about your years here on TTP. Some of the best posts.....ever.
I think we all know that in order for this site to survive it had to appeal to the masses and not the few. Unless the few wanted to pay over priced premium memberships to keep it going. And maybe they would have. Who knows,
Sorry to see some of the long time members go, and nice to see some back after a long time off.
Obviously if the site isn't how you like it or has lost what you enjoyed from it, you have to move on.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to clarify, Yoda in above post is not talking about ME!

I was just posting to plug the infamous rival site to TTP brought to all us new and former subscribers by Keeper and the Cornwall Times.

Yoda, is there one thread where those of us on the outside looking in can figure out who the combatants are and why there appears to be this huge cat fight going on?

Maybe the boys could settle this over at beer with One Dart at the infamous Tim Horton's where the drunken new teachers seem to go to mingle with their students.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure what's going on here,obviously guys are taken this way too serious. I myself use this as an escape from my everyday life and enjoy reading what others have to say.(except Guinness :D ) Never met you but from what I hear you're average. ;) Let's not make this a trend. Luc you're not gonna quit are ya? :wa: Good luck Captain Take Care.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, unfortunately, has quit TTP. It appears that fingers and toes crossed by 2000+ TTP members and registered users has had its desired effect.

Basically, all mud slinging can be found in the Saved by the Bell SDSS thread and the How Long Can U Keep it Up Thread. The combatants are primarily limited to Shamrock, Jinky, and Keeper. However, there are guest appearances by One Dart, Sensei, TheRob, Regs, and yours truly whose smile directed at Shamrock was interpreted the wrong way.

I know we're off topic in this thread dedicated to Shamrock, but it appears to be a slow day for tributes, and Shamrock doesn't appear to be a fan of moderators or stringent TTP rules.

Lita...I couldn't tell if your post was directed at me or at Yoda. Either way...well played!

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
To Fastshow, you were TTP. End of story.

Puh-leez. The wanking on about Ian is getting a wee bit......well, gay. This whole thing reeks of Ascough. It's not the first time and it certainly won't be the last.

Jinky, of all people, you should know better.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
Just to clarify, Yoda in above post is not talking about ME!
Most definately not.

I believe Dial has given you the areas, but some is outside of TTP talks that you will never hear or see.

Dial,
I believe Lita was referring to neither of us but instead to Captain in her post.
Correct me if i'm wrong Lita.

It's kind of funny that Captain started a thread for his departure. What would be the point of starting an open thread for everyone to read if you weren't going to be visiting the site any longer? Perhaps to see who really cares that you left and see if you meant as much to TTP as you thought you did? Or maybe he hasn't left at all but is still hanging around.

Who knows.

OK, now i've officailly retired from TTP.
I'll start my thread later with MY reasons for leaving. Should be a much shorter thread than this one i'm sure.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't get it.

Fasty, and now the Captain.

Add Jinky to the mix and you have my top 3 ever on here.

Remember to insert the comedy people.

Thanks Burnsie,

RF

Oh, and Celtic sucks.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
Not sure what's going on here,obviously guys are taken this way too serious. I myself use this as an escape from my everyday life and enjoy reading what others have to say.

I agree...people are forgetting what TTP stands for, but anyways...it has been a slice Captain...I enjoyed your 2 bits here and there.

striker14

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts