Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What made the first installment of Charlie's Angels fun and somewhat unique, was its slight goofiness and over-the-top action sequences. However, in CA II these are the two attributes which make it fall flat on its face (or on Diaz's ass).

Ridiculous sequence to ridiculous sequence, the Angels randomly splashed across the movie as if their antics give any rise to story development (I believe the only rise, McG, the director, was looking to garner was in 13-year old boys who will have to endlessly adjust themselves in their seats as they watch scantilly clad ass after another). The story makes no sense, supporting characters are a wonder as to why they exist in the movie (the boy, Max, for example), and the action sequences are so insanely over-the-top that the movie becomes more a Crouching Tiger than a shoot-em-up action flick.

Even the comedic bits are reduced to word-games based on "ass" and a Three's Company-style misunderstanding between Lucy Liu and, of all people, John Cleese. It should be noted that this may very well be the most unfunny movie Cleese has ever been a part of: he doesn't say a single funny thing and given garbage for dialogue. What a waste.

Bernie Mac is the only saving grace. But only sometimes.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's $10.50 you could have saved for the TTP Golf Classic next year. Why on earth would you go see that anyhow?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm very concerned with the detailed analysis/preview of the movie. Surely, you couldn't have expected anything worthwhile? You must be in elementary education.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They're called "reviews".

I expect to get my money's worth -- 'cause I sure ain't gettin' it on TTP with posts like this:
Originally posted by Jinky
How could it be "somewhat" unique?

Explain.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know who else didn't give you your moneys worth.

The institution that certified you to be a teacher. They obviously left out a grammar lesson or two.

Now try again to explain how anything can be "somewhat" unique.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bernie Mac makes it worse........

Originally posted by Keeper

Bernie Mac is the only saving grace. But only sometimes.

I didn't waste my money, but I certainly wasted my time with this one. For those of you that want to see some tight asses, tight bods and tight surgical necklines (Demi Moore), this movie is for you. This movie is dedicated to those gals who have low self esteem and mental dilutions about not being good enough for society. Either that, or just taking the piss out of every female around. (Although I used to motorcross when I was young).

Keeps, you're right when you say that the sequence of events is ridiculous, but really, this is the Angels' phoenom. The only thing this movie taught me was that all women in powerful movie rolls must have tight bods and be hot hot hot. If Kathy Bates were in this movie I don't think you gentlemen would actually waste your time.

All in all, a good date movie (of course to empower your female companion) or a "good HBO Friday night-end of the month-no cash- stay in night" flick!

Please take it with a grain of salt, there are some amusing takes and great old school music that makes it a 1/2 star out of 5!

+SCwhoonlypaid$6

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
for the record...

Throbby,

I am not a bitter nitty, I enjoyed watching a ' kick assing' flick, just a little extreme though!;)

Carry on...:rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts