Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Championship-Sized Ego

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really, how big does your ego have to be before you create a Championship Trophy in your own name? What a pompous ass she is.

Regs, can you make a "Total Bastard Cup" and donate it to the VMSL to award it? I'd like to see who'd win it year after year.
Governor general creates 'Clarkson Cup'
WebPosted Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:22:13 EDT
CBC Sports

Outgoing Governor General Adrienne Clarkson has announced she's creating a new trophy in her own name.

The Clarkson Cup will be awarded for excellence in women's hockey.

Clarkson says she got the idea from former governor general Lord Stanley, who created the Stanley Cup in 1892.

During the hockey lockout, Clarkson had floated the idea of borrowing the Stanley Cup as a prize for women's hockey. That idea wasn't warmly received, so she decided to create her own version.

"The Clarkson Cup is something that has evolved in the most wonderful and meaningful way," Clarkson said Wednesday.

"I thought [it was] an intriguing idea of giving the Stanley Cup to women's hockey if no men were going to get it. It seemed to be perfectly logical -- the women were still playing," she said during a speech.

But, she said, "I'm very pleased I'm going to be connected with women's hockey and the [Clarkson Cup] is a personal gift from me."

No details have been released about how the cup will be awarded, or to whom.

There is still a question about who will compete for the trophy, because Canada's two professional women's hockey leagues do not compete against each other.

Clarkson says she will leave it to the leagues to sort that out.

Like the Stanley Cup, the Clarkson Cup will be sculpted of silver. It will be made at Nunavut Arctic College in Iqaluit.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dykes on Skates said:
It will be made at Nunavut Arctic College in Iqaluit.
Why the hell does every thing have to be of 'Native Indian' design? Second its women's hockey, who cares. Why not give them a new toilet brush.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoah there, Mr. Harper. I'm surprised you didn't suggest a diaphragm.

But otherwise, yes, I see your point. Is the official First Nations sport lacrosse? For a hockey trophy, why not get a bar full of drunks to design it?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shouldn't she actually have to be involved in the sport or play it at one time maybe?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Nunavutians aren't native indians, they're native eskimos.

Politically correct,

~Dude.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts