Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ChampionsCup or whatever it is called....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 1 Boca Juniors 0

If Celtic played like this against Man. United on Tuesday, they would have stuffed them. Their passing was crisp, crossing exquisite, and they rarely gave the ball away. All the players looked like they wanted to be there and appeared to be focused against a world class Boca Juniors team. If we can maintain this sort of effort, we should be fighting for a Champions League group very soon. Sutton's first touch appeared to be back and Lennon looked a lot quicker than he did the other day. Marshall looked very confident in net and he rarely mis-kicked the ball when it was passed back to him.

Pinocchio

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ChampionsCup or whatever its called
Thats right, it's called just that! Though in about 2 games from now it'll be called "Uefa (once again) Cup":eek:
If Celtic had played like this against Man. United on tuesday night, they would've stuffed them
I watched the Boca vs Celtic game and apart from a Sutton goal, who's first touch should've been no problem for the defender, had he not given him(Sutton) that much room, the score would've remained 0-0. Lets not kid ourselves here. Sutton is shite and an easy wind up, which is why O'neil pulled him before he got sent off! Lennon?- You've got to be kidding! On Tuesday night we all saw why, if Celtic were to ever head south they could forget ever playing in any of the European Cups!!;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spot on Ssweeper! It was a fcuking debacle of a game and I honestly thought Crainey, Sylla, and Hedman(short 25 minutes he was in) played okay for the Hoops. The passing from the backline(especially Balde) was fcuking horrific and the amount of crosses that were blocked was unbelievable. The Bhoys better get their heads out of their arses or they won't be getting past the minnows from Lithuania. Seriously.

Sutton was the worst player on Celtic yesterday. His first touch was shite and his passing was worse. Inspector was right about the first touch on his goal. He was VERY lucky that it megged the defender because he really should have hit it with his left foot in his stride.

Captain

BTW, Blakie, the whole post was a piss-take. ;) Lennon should hang them up or get some jet propelled boots. TOOOOO fcuking slow...

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the fact that the Captain signed his post, Pinocchio, was a bit of a giveaway.:rolleyes:

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough Babic and Costello

I never saw the Pinocchio bit, so cut the wit! It wouldn't have been the 1st time a Celtic fan saw differently from the rest, though I do digress..:cool:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
All kidding aside.

I thought Lennon looked a bit quicker than on Tuesday. I think the scrappy play, is more his style. Man U are just too well oiled for the Hoops. Roll on Arsenal.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the first half of the Barcelona/Juventus game. It was entertaining. Once again, they can't be too happy with the attendance. It looked like the lower level was almost full but the top was empty. Juve created several quality chances but the Turkish keeper for Barcelona made a couple of nice stops. Edgar Davids was the best player on the park(why does he wear those fcuking shades?) and was a treat to watch. Again, I didn't see the second half but the first was good quality.

I didn't watch any of the United game. Did anyone else see the second half of the Barce/Juve game and/or the whole United game? I don't even know what the final score was in either game.

Captain

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capt, Barca was up 2-0 then Juve tied it scored both goals with under 5 to play! (like Germany in the semi last week:mad: ) Then Barca won in penelties, was a good game Buffon made some amazing saves.

Davids has problems with his eyes dont know what exactly, but it got him a sponsorship good deal with Oakley!

I know United was up 3-0 dont know the final.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers, Zenga! United seem to be coasting through this trip so far. Hopefully they'll finish with two good games against Barcelone and Juventus. Is that who they play? Who plays AC Milan?

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milan was suppose to play Celtic the other day but I know they play Juve in New York Aug 3, the Italian Super Cup!

United 3
America 1

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hilarious

I read all this AFTER I make a post in the SPL thread regarding the Celtic game.

I only watched the second half and thought Celtic were by far the better side.
The fact that Boca went down to 10 men may have also skewed things on my opinion I don't know.
Also, I LIKED the fact that Sutton was a wind-up and I thought as a result played with some tenacity out there.
He is a useless cnut definitely but his goal was nice.

Captain, you could be right, maybe I DON'T know what the fcuk I'm talking about. :D

I'm going on the premise though that good players don't make good managers/commentators.....;)

You're all fcuked. :p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,

I thought you were just TTP about the Sutton comment, as I was doing. No problem, Keltic brother! :)

Hail! Hail!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gripe gripe gripe....

Barca really fell asleep in the last 5 minutes of that game, although Juve's first goal looked to be offside... Redemption for Barca in penalties, but what kind of dumbass network cuts away for a commercial and misses the first penalty?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: Only the fcukin' You-Alls would be so stupid.....

United - Aguilas game was much closer than the score indicated. The play was quite even by Fox's overkill stats - tough break for America to have that freekick goal called back for what appeared to be a very trivial call. Nice cleating by Ferdinand, too.:rolleyes:

Not sure how well United will do against teams with more firepower like Barca or Juve; I don't think they'd be able to get away with the counterattack style that they've played for most of their first two games.

Cheers,

Stew:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good points, Stew, especially about United's counter-attacks. I really think Reo Ferdinand is an over-rated tube. Probably the most over-priced transfer in recent memory.....

Thanks for the update.

Captain

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champions World Series schedule

22/07 Man Utd. vs Celtic FC Seattle
25/07 Celtic FC vs Boca Juniors Cleveland
27/07 Juventus vs Barcelona Boston
27/07 Man Utd. vs Club America Los Angeles
30/07 Barcelona vs AC Milan Washington
31/07 Man Utd. vs Juventus Giants Stadium
03/08 AC Milan vs Juventus Giants Stadium
03/08 Man Utd. vs Barcelona Philadelphia

This is from Fox's website; supposedly it's still legit. Sportsnet doesn't have a broadcast scheduled for ACM/Juve on their website; all my calcio-playing paisanos will be really choked if this doesn't get on the tube!!

an over-rated tube

Love it!!! Bwah hah hah hah!!!!!:D :D :D I didn't mind the guy as a player until I saw his Cantona impersonation this afternoon, but agree that his abilities have been suspiciously over-touted. I'd say that he was "capable," not the spectacular second coming that our erstwhile Mancunian friends would have us believe:rolleyes:

five more sleepless nights until FrootLoops.....

Stew:cool:

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New ChampionsCup to visit TO?

For those Man U supporters like yours truly who cannot afford a trip with the fam to Portugal to watch the Euro's, a road trip to consider! :D

T.O. in for soccer treat?
By GEORGE GROSS -- Toronto Sun

Major international soccer matches for Toronto this year are in the works by American promoters.

If arrangements of Champions World, a U.S. promotion group, materialize as planned, Toronto soccer fans will get to see Sir David Beckham and his Real Madrid team, as well as his previous team -- Manchester United -- and multiple Scottish champions Glasgow Celtic.

The Celtic game is planned for Toronto's SkyDome in July, but the promoters have yet to find an opponent. There's also talk about replacing SkyDome's ersatz turf with natural grass, something that is essential for games involving Real Madrid -- the Spanish Royals -- and Man. U., the team once known as the Busby Babes, named after their late legendary coach Sir Matt Busby.

"We are still negotiating for the games in Toronto," said Reg Schneider of Champions World. "Nothing has been finalized, but it will be in time."

Dave Applegate, spokesman for USA Soccer, said he had heard rumours about these teams coming to North America, but he couldn't confirm anything.

"You would have to talk to the promoters," said Applegate. "They will be able to tell you more."

It behooves me to believe that if Real Madrid, Manchester United and Glasgow Celtic visit Toronto this year, the tickets will be hard to come by.

I knew I shouldn't have brought the wife to the last one. Now I can't go on any football trips without her! D'uh! :rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts