Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh well....well...even Liverpool fans are trying to stop this massacre .... WTF... Ronaldo would have scored on this one... A fair result should have been 4-1 or 5-1....
Are you convinced guys that this UK style of soccer does not work in modern times...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Difference was the keeper and the injury NOT the style of football. Try again. Enjoy your evening alone with that bottle of lube and your Ronaldo posters.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh well....well...even Liverpool fans are trying to stop this massacre .... WTF... Ronaldo would have scored on this one... A fair result should have been 4-1 or 5-1....
Are you convinced guys that this UK style of soccer does not work in modern times...
Why be a cnut?

Well, at least it wasn't a dull affair :)

Karius. Not much left to be said. I wonder if he's well liked in the squad. Odd not a single player came to console him that I saw.

Kudos to Bale on the bike, what a goal.

But Karius...

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
download-5.jpg

I am sorry for you guys. I know that this was a crushing defeat. Reality sooner or later has to sink in. The glorious days of Liverpool are over and the soul of the club gone. You can thank Margaret Thatcher for this and the stubbornness to hang on to a style of football that simply does not work against well organized teams.

To me the saddest part was to see the Liverpool keeper abandoned by their teammates. It was the Real Madrid players the ones that had to console him. It just shows that "You will never walk alone" means really nothing to these players.

The keeper made really amazing saves during the game. It is true that there were a couple of mistakes, but this understandable given the pressure that Madrid was putting on him and the back line.

The reality is that teams and football in general in the Iberian Peninsula and Continental Europe have left the Brits behind. Something that it is really hard to swallow, but it is understandable that they will never come to accept. After all the misguided decisions to pursue Brexit are the result of the same delusion.

For us, the lesson is not keep cherishing and idealizing something that really is not there anymore. We should create our own soccer and stop looking for guidance from something that is a mirage. The Liverpool of the 80's was special and perhaps something worth of emulation at that time, but not anymore.

Real Madrid played superb football. A well deserved victory. This is the football that we should be pursuing and supporting.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
That Bike wasn’t a fail by any means. Isn’t the Benzema goal illegal? I thought you couldn’t block a punt or throw?
Benzema was not close enough to the keeper to make it illegal. I thought the same at the beginning, but upon closer look at the repetition the referees made the right decision. By the way, the first goal was not offside. To be fair, 5-1 should have the result of the game given Madrid's superiority.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The reality is that teams and football in general in the Iberian Peninsula and Continental Europe have left the Brits behind. Something that it is really hard to swallow, but it is understandable that they will never come to accept. After all the misguided decisions to pursue Brexit are the result of the same delusion.

Then you must find it very ironic that a Welshman scored 2 goals in the final against a team from England.

Give me strength :rolleyes:

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Then you must find it very ironic that a Welshman scored 2 goals in the final against a team from England.

Give me strength :rolleyes:
understandable that it is hard to accept reality....the game was so one sided for Madrid that those two details are irrelevant....why is it so hard for you to accept that Real Madrid is such a superior club to any other English team (presently and historically)?
Why?
Por que? Por que?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
understandable that it is hard to accept reality....the game was so one sided for Madrid that those two details are irrelevant....why is it so hard for you to accept that Real Madrid is such a superior club to any other English team (presently and historically)?
Why?
Por que? Por que?

I don't have any problem accepting that Real Madrid is a superior club, believe me I don't. I'm a United fan and watching La Liga & the Premiership weekly, the leagues are significantly different in their technical abilities & style of play.

The only team in the Premiership that I think would give Real Madrid or even Barcelona a run is City (as much as it pains me to say and ironically, Liverpool turned them over both in the league & Champions League this season). However, possession stats are not the only thing that wins football matches and Cup Finals at any sort of level are about a result and not who plays the most pleasing to watch. If you think that, then you have not watched enough football in your life.

Two horrible mistakes by a keeper cost Liverpool, plain & simple. Isco hit the bar, Mane hit the post ..... Navas made some good stops & Karius did as well.

Well done to Real Madrid and Ronaldo. Finishing 3rd in the league but winning a third consecutive Champions League, well done.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of the two of you, it is good that one knows what he is talking about.
Yes, I know. Someone has to explain to these guys why the keep losing at the Champions League and why they managed to get only one meagre point at the last World Cup. If my memory serves me right, England got ranked 27th out of 32 countries, just ahead of Iran. No English team have won a Champions League final in 18 years on the field (other than on penalties) ISo let me me be straight to you start to understand why you guys are losing.

"Two horrible mistakes by a keeper cost Liverpool, plain & simple"
This is what you guys do not get. Madrid had over 63% possession. This translates into better goal scoring opportunities, which were roughly the same ratio, and a whooping 17 fouls from Liverpool to 5 or 6 from Madrid. Possession has many tactical benefits, but it also has a very strong strategical advantage. It tires the opposition physically, mentally and emotionally. Once people get tired they start to make silly mistakes. Fatigue leads to poor decision making.

The two mistakes of the keeper and the others from the defenders are the result of the relentless possession and attacks from Madrid. This is the major advantage in possession, this is why the statistics show that teams with possession statistically usually dominate other teams. If you go through the games of Barcelona and the Spanish National team you will see that most the of the games are won in the second hand. First they wear them down physically with the possession, once they get them tired, then the mistakes start to happen.

And yes, I have watched a lot of football. Mainly la Ligua, Serie A, Bundesligua and quite a few in South America. I also make a point of watching every game of the Commebol qualifiers and the World Cup. I just must concede that I rarely see the EPL, because I find it a bit bland and uncultured. However, lately is becoming better with the arrival of Guardiola, Morihno, Klop, and others. Finally, good coaches are starting to bring it from the dark ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts