Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2010 / 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter will be out for blood...They got smoked Sunday by a very impressive Milan effort. They may have lost the Scudetto there and will want to defend their European crown even more now. I predict they dismantle Schalke and contrary to most I feel Spurs will give the poofs in white a good run and maybe earn a draw.

Well you were right on one point....there was a dismantling......

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van Der Sar made some massive saves today!
Giggsy's service to Rooney was sick

roll on united...roll on

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky Torres, maybe you can try Arsenal next year, I hear they have some money now :D

Selling Torres was the best thing Liverpool has done in years. Andy Carrol and Suarez looked absolutly fantastic yesterday. I am most impressed with the work rate up top between the two. 2-3 off season pick-ups and a healthy Gerrard, they are back in contention for the league title. Liverpool is going to be a dangerous team, I wanted Man Utd to really go after Suarez and I think they really missed out..what a player.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Zenga and Berga.................but this is a great scene for a wonderful professional, Raul.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky Torres, maybe you can try Arsenal next year, I hear they have some money now
Chelsea just needs a summer of rest and offseason training to get to gel. Name one defender in the league that can even keep a step with Torres? NONE! Him and Drogba just have to learn to gel together, next year they will be a dangerous combination!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky, I hate Inter, I was cheering for Schalke all the way! Also Raúl is pure class and one of the all time greats in my books. Of course, Bronco may step in and argue for smelly Croats or old Welshmen over El 7... :rolleyes:

Team hatred in order of genuine hatred:

1) Inter
2) Inter
3) Inter

I think you get the idea... :)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chelsea just needs a summer of rest and offseason training to get to gel. Name one defender in the league that can even keep a step with Torres? NONE! Him and Drogba just have to learn to gel together, next year they will be a dangerous combination!

i'm sorry c4l but torres is over rated and other than a couple 10 or so game stretches in his career so far he really hasn't done anything. South Africa for example showed how much better david villa is than him. And TBH i can't see Drogba wearing a chelsea jersey next season...
Ever since ray wilkins was fired or left (disagreement) chelsea have been shocking.

i really hope real madrid can win this thing as i can't stand barca or utd, and i don't see schalke being able to pull it off.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im not doubting he has had a terrible season, and yes MB10 Wilkins going was a terrible terrible mistake. Along with the best centre back Carvalio (or however you spell it). But Torres is world class, and Im sure he will bounce back, just need a good offseason of training.
Go Real Madrid GO! The chosen one will lead the way as he always does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
im a huge man utd fan, (ya ya I know) and I obviously want them to win, but can anyone beat barca these days? TBH I can't really see them losing.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed cascade ....... Barcelona are a different class and should / will win the whole thing easily.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually South Africa shows how much better Villa fits into Spainish/Barca type soccer. I don't really think Torres is built for that system and a good offseason and he could be back to his old self at Chelsea. Anybody that has played striker can tell you it's a confidence game, once your scoring you can't miss and just know you will bury half a chance. When things aren't going well you start thinking, pass when you should shoot, take an extra touch. Form is temporary but class is permanent. Torres is full of class and has come off a ton of significant injuries, lack of form and criticism. As Chelsea4life said he just needs a real offseason and a fresh year. Rooney looked a shell of his former self for 3/4 of the year, look at him now dictating game after game.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually South Africa shows how much better Villa fits into Spainish/Barca type soccer. I don't really think Torres is built for that system and a good offseason and he could be back to his old self at Chelsea. Anybody that has played striker can tell you it's a confidence game, once your scoring you can't miss and just know you will bury half a chance. When things aren't going well you start thinking, pass when you should shoot, take an extra touch. Form is temporary but class is permanent. Torres is full of class and has come off a ton of significant injuries, lack of form and criticism. As Chelsea4life said he just needs a real offseason and a fresh year. Rooney looked a shell of his former self for 3/4 of the year, look at him now dictating game after game.

i see what you're saying, and i agree torres will get back to scoring. I just don't think he is as good as 50 million, his goal scoring record at liverpool was really good. yet i still don't think he is a good enough player to say that no defender can live with him that is all.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Madrid winning the Copa today, this makes the semis of the Champs league even more interesting. We've seen that Barca are human and can be beat. Should be awesome games coming our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0