Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2008/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Lord were the Celtic brutal today.

So were the linesmen.

Both Berbatov's goals, I thought, were offside.
Rooney's first, which was wrongly called offside, should've stood.

Had there been some competent linesmen striker14's prediction would've been spot on.

Well done United:):)
Walks, your thoughts?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland's shame.

Were you rioting in Manchester again? No. Scotland's shame was at home where they should be.

Having said that, it really shows how bad Rangers and Scottish football in general is. Who is winning the SPL anyway? That's right. Not really in a position to call the 3 time defending champions Scotland's shame. But carry on as you have nothing else to say about Rangers' European adventures this year.

I watched bits and pieces of the game today at school and the gap in class and talent is unbelievable. I saw the highlights of the goals and there was no doubt the first two goals were offside. That's not to say the result wasn't a fair result but if you're going to have a chance to steal a point away from home, you can't have calls like that.

Nice to see LOTS of goals today in the CL. These are most entertaining games of the whole competition, when teams just go for it, other than Celtic who just tries to keep the score down.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw the highlights of the goals and there was no doubt the first two goals were offside. That's not to say the result wasn't a fair result but if you're going to have a chance to steal a point away from home, you can't have calls like that.

I totally agree. it was a bonus for my team to get those calls because often we don't, but you're right CS, it makes for a tough swallow when you are counting on points away from home. linesman will be watching the tapes and shaking his head.

in the end, united were the stronger team and deserved the win, no matter the 2 bad calls. :wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I totally agree. it was a bonus for my team to get those calls because often we don't, but you're right CS, it makes for a tough swallow when you are counting on points away from home. linesman will be watching the tapes and shaking his head.

in the end, united were the stronger team and deserved the win, no matter the 2 bad calls. :wa:

When does Man United not get calls? They were awarded a penalty at Celtic Park for nothing......awarded a penalty at old Trafford last time when Giggs injured himself diving? That's just the last two games against Celtic. I don't watch ManU every week but they certainly have their fair share of good 'fortune' in the league games too. Again though, they are a far superior footballing team to Celtic and that can't be argued.

Both linesmen had their calls horribly wrong, but that's life. Where is video replay when you need it? :)

At least Celtic will be able to just focus on the league, with only 3 more European games left this season. We will not be making the UEFA Cup.....

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector and Captain ..... both spot on with your comments.

How the fcuk do both assistants blow offside decisions that cost goals at a Champions League level ??! Unbelievable ..... I think Burnsie and I could do a better job. Seriously.

Captain - we only get decisions that go our way at Old Trafford, everybody knows that :D

United played some pretty football yesterday and their passing and movement was very good at times. Great to see a few of the lads that don't normally play get a game as well. I really like that Johnny Evans - 20 year old centre half from Belfast. It'll be tough getting a game behind Ferdinand and Vidic but he's excellent and he'll be one for the future .....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No danger there, Love. Our Captain and the rest of the Celtic Boys Club can swallow with the best of them.

No Goals in Europe,
No Goals in Europe,
There will be no goals in Europe

Buckfast, I will say one last thing to you. You're a fcuking despicable piece of shite who really doesn't know when to stop. You're filth and I can see whey many of your fellow Rangers supporters are embarrassed to be even associated with you. But then again, I would never expect anything more from you.

Walks, it was a piss-take and ManU deserved the win as much as Buckfast deserves a kick in the stones. Good luck to your team in the rest of the tournament. As for Celtic, they will just have to be satisfied with another league title over Rangers...the 4th in a row.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast, I will say one last thing to you. You're a fcuking despicable piece of shite who really doesn't know when to stop. You're filth and I can see whey many of your fellow Rangers supporters are embarrassed to be even associated with you. But then again, I would never expect anything more from you.

Walks, it was a piss-take and ManU deserved the win as much as Buckfast deserves a kick in the stones. Good luck to your team in the rest of the tournament. As for Celtic, they will just have to be satisfied with another league title over Rangers...the 4th in a row.

Have a moan, ya big fairy.

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How the fcuk do both assistants blow offside decisions that cost goals at a Champions League level ??! Unbelievable ..... I think Burnsie and I could do a better job. Seriously.

Do not delude yourselves gents...

:)

Ok you're right, possibly maybe but qualified officials going 0 for 3 (Rooneys goal was onside for sure) is piss poor!

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Decent match today as celtic absorbed rush after rush of Man u forays into the Celtic end. Great finish by macdonald for celtics goal. It was only a matter of time before celtic conceded the tying goal. Especially with the tatics of the manager. Celtic are up 1 with 15 to go and to be honest Man U had an abundance of possion but were not creating any great chances. Then Strachan in his wisdom changes his formation completely to 7 or 8 at the back. From here on I don't belive the ball left the celtic third of the field and possibly their own 18 yard box. Man u have too many weapons to let them camp in there. I know defend the lead but come on you have to have an outlet to clear the ball to. They were sitting ducks in the last 15.

Either way we will take the point which keeps alive the chances of european football after christmas. Once again Celtic at home prove to be a formitiable challenge for any club. Too bad the same can't be said away from home. Man u still looks like the team to beat this year.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Um - Celtic just tied the reigning champs tonight yes?

Fcuk me, piss take or not, as Heed said at home the Tic are tough to beat.
Well except for one team who's done it this year...:D

I'm Pedro Mendes!!!!

Anyhow, from most of what I saw Man U couldn't break into the last third.
Anti-football or not ;) they got a point - Not bad...

IcheeredforCeltictoday

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spot on, Bigyin........on the tying goal, there were 10 players at or around Ronaldo's shot. I saw the photo. :( I said the same thing while watching at the end.....it's fine playing defensive football in your half of the field at that point.....but not your own 1/3. Far too deep and it was a matter of time before it was broken down. Having said that, I thought Boruc made a balls of it :(

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard to blame Boruc there CS. These new balls sometimes f you up bad as a keeper. You think you're going to make a routine save and all of a sudden the ball starts swerving away from you going the opposite way. If anyone made a balls of anything today it was St. Iker (best goalie in the world:rolleyes:) Casillas with his wall on the Del Piero free kick. He left the whole short side open and the shot would have hit the wall had it been positioned properly.

Here is a link if you haven't seen it http://www.eplmatches.com/index.php/2008/11/05/real-madrid-vs-juventus-highlights/#more-1298

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disagree, Terma.......Boruc made a balls of the shot.......there is NO way the ball could have possibly be going as far left as he went since there was no deflection and several players on that 'line'. It wasn't like it was Roberto Carlos' free-kick which swerved several feet.......this was straight and he basically palmed it to Giggs......granted the Celtic defender should have been closer to him from the initial shot.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That wall by Madrid was the worst I've ever seen!

Did you catch the look Raul gave to Casillas? Priceless :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0