Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cfl 2007

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeing as how this thread is just starting in Week 9, I don't imagine many TTP'ers have been following along much -- BUT, did anyone see the 4th quarter of Saturday's Edmonton/Sask game? Holy rain storm, Batman! During a commercial break the ref's called the game due to rain and lightning. Then, as the announcers were explaining what happened, the stadium power went out and the broadcast turned to snow.

Today, I went back on CFL.ca to see how it'll be made up, and discovered that the teams went back on the field 45 minutes later to finish the game -- non-televised. Bush-league.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know how valid the criticism is. I think the game was delayed 59 minutes before resuming. It was online though so avid fans could have gone to their pcs and got the balance of it. I am not sure the CFL commissioner is not being a bit disingenous with this criticism as it appears they didn't know what to do either right away when the storm including bad lightning hit. I also think CBC lost their satellite too.

I hardly think this ranks up to the level of the infamous decision late in the NFL season by NBC to show the "Heidi" movie and leave the Jets - Raider game with 65 seconds to go causing viewers to miss a finish to what was rated as one of the top 10 NFL games ever.

"With 65 seconds remaining in the 1968 Jets-Raiders game, the Jets kicked a field goal to take 32-29 lead. The Raiders returned the ensuing kickoff to their 23-yard line. NBC, the network televising the game, then went to commercial -- and never came back.

Turner kicked off and the Raiders returned the ball to their own 23-yard line. Cut to commercial...on comes Heidi, and...

From his 23-yard line, Raiders quarterback DARYLE LAMONICA completed a 20-yard pass to halfback CHARLIE SMITH, who was facemasked by Jets safety MIKE D'AMATO. The penalty put the ball at the Jets' 43.

On the next play, Lamonica found Smith again, who outraced D'Amato down the sideline for a 43-yard touchdown. The extra point gave the Raiders a 36-32 lead with 42 seconds to play, and left Namath and the Jets with little time for a comeback.

Namath never got the chance. On the kickoff, Jets kick returner EARL CHRISTY fumbled the ball. It was picked up at the two-yard line by Raiders special teamer PRESTON RIDLEHUBER, who ran it in for a touchdown.

The Raiders had scored two touchdowns in a nine-second span and held on to win a most memorable game, 43-32."

Oakland Raiders - Raiders Down Jets 43-32 in the Greatest Game You Never Saw

MEDIA STATEMENT –- SATURDAY'S CBC BROADCAST
Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 05:30PM

TORONTO (CFL) -- Canadian Football League (CFL) Commissioner Mark Cohon offered the following comments regarding the disrupted CBC broadcast of the Edmonton Eskimos at Saskatchewan Roughriders game on Saturday, August 18 at Mosaic Stadium.

"We are truly disappointed that this has happened. Our concerns and dismay have been conveyed to the CBC. We express regret to our fans and we will work with our broadcast partners to ensure that this does not happen again."

The final hour of Saturday’s game between the Edmonton Eskimos and Saskatchewan Roughriders will air on CBC at 12:30 A.M. local time tonight in all Canadian markets

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0