Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CCB Kerfuffle

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How is this going to play out?

Can ANYTHING be done this close to the start of the season to make sure the kids can play?

Does anyone know if BC Soccer has the power to come in and appoint a temporary board on behalf of the membership while a more thorough investigation (both criminally and internally) can be conducted?

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, those are such good questions and an easy answer should be a simple yes. BC Soccer has to take it from here. There is a new club in Surrey called Pacific United and I wouldn't be surprised to see many of the players move there?

It never ceases to amaze me that what is so common sense to one person is non-sensical to another. One stupid decision leads to another and another for some, and that very well may be the case at CCB. That club was the formation of Whalley Soccer Club and Surrey Breakers. I am confident that many of their past members who worked tirelessly in a volunteer capacity are deeply saddened by what is transpiring.

Just another blip in amateur soccer in our community, but have to carry on. Getting tired.....................

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We attempted and failed to attend the agm meeting for CCB last night. cops were everywere. Meeting was suppose to start at 7. When me and the other coach showed up at 6:15, the line up was 300 people long. we waited until 7:45 and then they announced they weren't letting anyone else in. Our contact inside ( fellow CCB coach ) texted us saying that doug mckewon, or however you say his name, current directer i think, was sitting on the stairs either holding people up or bantering them into voting for him. They were letting in parents with children and not fellow coaches. the whole thing was a cluster fcuk.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That club was the formation of Whalley Soccer Club and Surrey Breakers. I am confident that many of their past members who worked tirelessly in a volunteer capacity are deeply saddened by what is transpiring.

Balls,

My thoughts exactly.

I feel really bad for the Tuppers, who built up something nice, specifically for girls, then sold out to the snake oil salesmen when they saw that there was little choice (to merge, with some other club...and clearly they made the wrong choice).

What a bunch of jokers.

That said, I was worried about my registration numbers, as I (toot toot) moved a bunch of girls up last year. I don't think I need to be worried, now.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, of course the Jambos are Chancers.
There is no way they possibly could have won the league over Rangers last year.
It had to be a conspiracy of immense proportions and the obvious alone hatred towards Rangers in Scottish football continues.

:D

Chancer

"An unscrupulous or dishonest opportunist who is prepared to try any dubious scheme for making money or furthering his or her own ends."

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Open Letter to BC Soccer sent a couple of days ago attached.

Attachments

• CCB BCSA Open Letter.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 58

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Outgoing Football Club Executive Director Demands Suspensions Be Lifted to Enable 2,800 Surrey Kids to Play Soccer

Surrey, B.C. – (August 4, 2015)
– The outgoing executive director of the Central City Breakers Football Club (CCB), which is currently under suspension by the South District Girls’ Soccer Association (SDGSA) and Surrey Metro Soccer Association (SMSA), is asking the British Columbia Soccer Association to intervene so its 2,800 members can play soccer next season.

The suspended soccer club must be a member of SDGSA and SMSA in order for its players to participate in any BC Soccer sanctioned leagues and events. The Central City Breakers is scheduled to appear for a SDGSA disciplinary hearing to deal with allegations of financial irregularities on Tuesday, August 11. The SMSA hearing is scheduled for Thursday, August 13.

In an open letter to BC Soccer posted on the Central City Breakers’ website, executive director Garry Sangha says the club followed accepted practice in having its players participate in a non-sanctioned league and moving funds to a non-sanctioned club to enable players to participate in summer soccer.

He says the SDGSA Chair of Discipline, Elvin Picardo, who signed the letter suspending the Central City Breakers, was a director of the Guildford Athletic Club when it did exactly the same thing in signing cheques to the non-sanctioned Pacific Eagles Athletic Society to enable its players to participate in United Summer Soccer League (USSL) soccer.

For the years 2013 and 2014, the Central City Breakers had a similar agreement with BC Tigers Sports Club, GN Sporting Club and Vancouver United to move its registered players to these clubs signing over $300,000.

Mr. Sangha says Central City Breakers stopped all association with the BC Tigers Sports Club. Players then began playing in the USSL under three clubs: Vancouver United, Akal FC and Canadian Eagles with registration fees paid directly to them.

He is asking BC Soccer to intervene to have both suspensions lifted pending a hearing where his club will present all the facts. “We have done nothing wrong as all decisions have been consistent with general practice,” he says.

“We would like to take this opportunity to state that the main purpose of Central City Breakers FC is to give 2,800 kids the opportunity to play soccer and this is a goal we will continue to invest in. We sincerely hope that our members will be given the chance to return to what they love doing ahead of the new season.”

Central City Breakers is one of Surrey’s oldest and B.C.’s largest soccer club providing access to league soccer for youth and adult members.

For more information, contact Garry Sangha on (604)771-9192.

rusty210210

Oct 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This whole thing reminds me of when 5 cars are speeding, and the cop pulls one over. Guy rolls down his window and claims he was simply following the same speed as the other 4, and why did he not pull over the other cars too?

Every cop says the same thing - because I caught you

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This whole thing reminds me of when 5 cars are speeding, and the cop pulls one over. Guy rolls down his window and claims he was simply following the same speed as the other 4, and why did he not pull over the other cars too?

Every cop says the same thing - because I caught you

This.

Everyone could see something coming, which also explains why a lot of people like me were jumping ship a year after the takeover of the Breakers (I refuse to call that a merger, it was a hostile takeover). It's sickening that they swallowed up this club, and "allegedly" used a good portion of that newfound registration money to fund a non-sanctioned boys spring all-star team. Calling a spade a spade, that's basically what went down.

AND, to say they are one of the oldest clubs in BC? Utah, bang on, I guess they are claiming SFC as their own. I hope this executive fcuking fries for this, and happy to see them exposed.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How will this issue be resolved? Will the Executive fry, as wished by Utah? Will the Districts get their wrists slapped? Will the issues get resolved before the September soccer season begins? Can there be a long term resolution if there is only one HPL franchise in Surrey and that franchise club has fewer players than CCB and will CCB always feel it needs to do something different because it does not have the HPL franchise?

I don't know enough of the facts to answer the questions, but I hope that CCB, the Districts and BC Soccer sit down and work out an arrangement to have USSL turned into an approved BC Soccer summer league. It might require BC Soccer and its member leagues to give the USSL an exemption from the 3 Player Out of District Rule. They could make a case for an exemption based on the fact that the USSL operates in the Secondary season, thereby not setting a precedent for primary season leagues. The 3 Player Out of District Rule does not apply to the BCSPL. Perhaps it should not apply to leagues which operate in the secondary season. This won't solve the other issues, but it will remove one of the irritants.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0