Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cart: Discussion for the 2003 season.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cart is not dead.:D

I wrote a huge long post about the season and then my computer crashed.:mad: I'm not typing it out again.

Twenty races this year starting next weekend in St. Petersburgh. Probably 22 drivers. Two races in Europe with four next year. It's a beautiful thing.:D

To celebrate the beggining of the new season, I will post a picture of my new favorite driver. She won't score any points with the Captain, but she's a race car driver. What do you expect?:D

Danica Patrick. Mmmmmmmm....:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you think she is a carpet muncher?:D How sweet would that be?

To add to my previous post:

Guys like Ganassi, Andretti, Green and Nunn leave CART, but then guys like Stephan Johannson, Emmerson Fittipaldi, and Craig Pollock start teams. There are drivers in the IRL who wish they could race on something other than ovals.

Great year ahead.:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You give queers a bad name. What's your point?

Back on topic please.;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you want me to get back on topic why the fcuk did you ask me another off topic question? Regs was right, you are an idiot.

Topic: Driving in circles really fast is stupid. Unless of course you are a carpet munching, softball playing, Tracker driving dike. Then its just plain odd.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tracey off to great start

Canadian Paul Tracy starts CART season with victory in St. Petersburg

Sunday, February 23, 2003

St. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Winning races isn't new to Paul Tracy. Getting off to a fast start in the points race is.

The Toronto native did both Sunday, taking control midway through the inaugural St. Petersburg Grand Prix and driving away with the victory. The winningest active driver in CART's Champ Car World Series, Tracy earned his 20th victory in the season-opening race on the temporary 1.806-mile, 14-turn downtown street circuit. More important, he came away with 21 points - 20 for winning the race and one for leading the most laps.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great start for PT. The track in St. Petersburg is pretty sweet to. It reminds me a lot of Monaco with the difference being you can actually pass at St. Petes.

The fact that we have to wait another month for the next race in Mexico sucks huge.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed

Cannot wait for the next race. With a start like this, it could be a great year for Paul. There are a hell of alot rookies out there as well, which could make it a very dangerous year.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually I was quite immpressed with most of the rooks yesterday. They all drove quite well and for the most part were well behaved. The exception has to be Mario Haberfeld for Mi-Jack racing. He did the old MS chop at the start of the race and almost put Junquiera into the wall and then into Jourdain. Dangerous, but exciting.:D

I also like the fact that there are a couple of VERY slow guys like Lamarie out there. Nothing like a few mobile chicanes.:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mmmmmm. More Danica.

Still think that she is a carpet munching, Tracker driving dyke? Not that that is a bad thing :D

Only eleven days until the next CART race. Montery Mexico. Should be 100,000 in the stands. Can't wait.:D

................aaaaaarrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh...........:p

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
another nail in the coffin

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - The Grand Prix of Road America was dropped from the 2003 Champ Car schedule because CART said it did not comply with the sanctioning agreement.

one of the best races on the schedule dropped. just a matter of time till the entire series implodes. tracy will be in nascar next year.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Three sides to every story.

No comment about Danica?

Road America is a great race to watch, but they've defaulted on two payments to CART. One last year, and one this year. I don't know how much money we're talking here, but if you weren't being paid wouldn't you do something about it? They took RA to court a few weeks ago over this. Obviously they couldn't come to terms on anything. I don't blame CART for this at all. I do the same thing.

Pook wants to lose the tracks too far away from urban centres anyway. RA would have gone eventually. I hope he does keep some natural road courses though. Can't have all street circuits.:(

You did say one smart thing though. Tracy would be brilliant in a stock car. He drives perfect for that series.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two for two

More pics of Danica please.....:D

Tracy takes second straight CART race

Associated Press
3/23/2003

MONTERREY, Mexico (AP) - Canadian Paul Tracy made it two-for-two this season, racing to an easy win Sunday in the CART Monterrey Grand Prix.
Tracy, off to the best start of his 13-year Champ Car career, held off Michel Jourdain Jr. for the same finish as the season-opener last month in St. Petersburg, Fla.
Sunday's race was almost a carbon copy of that race for Tracy, who again took the lead when rookie pole-winner Sebastien Bourdais pitted. Tracy never gave it up, this time leading the final 69 of 85 laps around the 2.104-mile, 14-turn road circuit in Fundidora Park.
It was the 21st victory for the 34-year-old Toronto driver.
About the only thing that went wrong for Tracy was stalling his Ford-powered Team Player's Lola while trying to do victory doughnuts after beating Jourdain's Team Rahal entry to the finish line by 2.039-seconds - about half the final straightaway.
``We're making all the right calls,'' Tracy said. ``I just have to work on my doughnuts.
``That was embarrassing.''

I'll say...

As for Bourdais....rookie mistakes....very fast car

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smallsy's favorite driver wins again.

PT again!:D

Good race in Monterry yesterday. A tonne of passing although none of it really involved Tracy. I don't really like that track down there. Too many slow corners and chicanes. It was nice to see Alex Yoong come and put in a great effort. No testing time at all, and he goes home with some points. Nice job. Big podium for Tag to. Third in their second race for the new Johnson Controls team. He'll win a race this year.

On to Long Beach and one of the best races of the year. Should be a good one. Too bad we have to wait three weeks. What's with the looooooong breaks between the first three races?

On a side note, what the fcuk is with TSN breaking away to a College hockey game already in progress before we get to see any interviews from the winner and other guys? Bullshit.:mad:

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monterrey

I agree with you Rob, a good race all around. The one part you failed to mention was the last attempt by Carpantier at the end to pass 2 cars. A good effort, and a pretty exciting spin. It would have been nice to have 3 Canadians on the podium.

Yes, what a joke breaking away to the college game.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A quote from a cart.com article on Paul Tracy:
Despite being the moral winner of last year's Indy 500, Paul has no interest in returning to the once-classic race. "I really didn't want to go last year but I've been reading on the internet that people think that CART should field a car in the Indy 500 and advertise the Champ Car World Series and have me drive it. I'd be up for that. If we could get a good car and engine package together and Pook wanted to spend the money and have me go out there in a fully-sponsored Champ Car World Series car, I'd give that a go.
How sweet would that be if they could pull it off? That would be hillarious. Racing in the IRL premier race, advertising CART.:D Paul Paige would shite himself.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CART should field a car in the Indy 500 and advertise the Champ Car World Series
That would be the funniest thing you would ever see at the Indy 500. It should be done. And having the "Thrill from Westhill" driving...classic. Without a doubt, this is something that I would like to see happen.

What are the chances though?????

More Danica please........

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts