Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Captain England Ready For Croatia

Who will win?

• England Sucks!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England win

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Croatia win

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I really don't care

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beckham ready for Croatia

Beckham is feeling the effects a string of hard training sessions
England captain David Beckham says he is fit and raring to play in Wednesday's friendly against Croatia.

There were fears the Real Madrid midfielder might have to pull out of the game because of a back problem.

But he quashed any doubts he would miss the match at Portman Road in Ipswich.

"Everyone knows it's been a busy couple of weeks for me but it's important I get back playing for my country," he said.

"Whether it be a friendly or a qualifying game, it's important for me to be here."

Beckham said his back felt "a little bit tired" but blamed that on a string of hard training sessions with his club.

I felt a little bit tired yesterday but my fitness level is good... it's always been quite good

"Fitness-wise I feel great. I felt a little bit tired yesterday but my fitness level is good. It's always been quite good, so I don't think Ill have a problem on Wednesday."

Beckham, who described his life in Madrid as "mad as ever", stressed England cannot afford to relax with two more vital Euro 2004 qualifiers coming up in September.

"The lads did well against Slovakia, coming back from 1-0 down, and we are in a good position.

"But we know we have important games coming up and we need to get through them," he said.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is going to be tough for Croatia even though they are un-beaten this year. Destroyed Belgium at home and disposed of Romania and Sweden away...

Unfortunatly Croatia's two first choice strikers, Tomislav Maric and Dado Prso have been injured. Maric will not play and Prso is day to day...

Defensivly, Croatia is solid with one of the best yet un-heralded keepers in the game. Stipe Pletikosa has only allowed two goals in 12 games for his new club, Shakhtar Donetsk of the Ukraine. Robert Kovac (Bayern Munich), Igor Tudor ( Juventus), Dario Simic (AC Milan), Josip Simunic ( Hertha Berlin)... may not even allow England a shot on goal....

I think a draw is likely here.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How come there is no"Croatia sucks" button. I believe this poll to be biased!!

England 3-Croatia 1

Not that I support England or Crotchia mind you!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ireland stuffed the stinkin' Aussies 2 - 1, which was the same Aussie team that stuffed the mingin' English a few months ago.

England 0 Croatia 0 - That is about right. Two BOOOOORRRRRIIIINGGGGGG teams.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just saw the highlights on Sky Sports...Croatia U-21's 3d goal was pure class. It included a great through ball, a perfect back heel pass and a fantastic chip over two defenders and the goalie.:p

I also saw the highlights of the Oz/Ire game, Captain. Funny.:)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah, it was funny but not as funny as Croatia's pathetic effort against England today.

England 3 Croatia 1 with just over 6 minutes to go. Funny.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, if the Croats could finish they would have walked away with an easy win.

Great strike by Lampard (sp?) for the third England goal.

Off to watch Italy/Germany now,

~Regs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
if the Croats could finish they would have walked away with an easy win

If my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle. :rolleyes:

Either way, both teams will do NOTHING, IF they make it to Euro 2004. They're both rubbish.

Holland will beat France in the final.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Italy/Germany match-up HAS to be the most boring of all match-ups. Two teams who will defend rather than attack and attempt to lull the other team into a coma before actually trying to attack. I'm predicting a 1 - 0 win for Italy over the square heeds. They will score early and for a change, defend the rest of the match, packing their half with every available body.

Captainwhoismakingenemieswitheverywordtyped.......:):D

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia were by far the better side in the first half, no doubt about it. They were unlucky not to be up by 2 or 3. Nice pass back Beckham you dumb fcuk!! Croatia's defender who handled the ball has himself to blame for the loss. England never looked like scoring in the 1st half. Olic pissed on England's defense all game long, won't be long before he's picked up by a bigger club than Dinamo Zagreb. Having said that, the Limeys finished what few chances they had and won the game. Can't argue about that!!

PS. Capt, you should TTP when your country actually gets their shite together and makes as much noise on the field as they do off of it!!:p

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unbelievable.

Croatia took the piss out of the English for 70% of the game. It's painfully obvious our strikers couldn't kick a ball into the ocean standing on the beach. We really need our first choice strikers fit if we are make it to Euro.

Croatia should have had at least 6. England scored on three chances. Lampard's was nice though...

A very entertaining game.

Zenga, Italy can't beat Croatia.;)

Finally got my TTP loyalty card in the mail.:) Now I just have to figure out what it's good for....

Bronco, Olic plays for CSKA Moscow...

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was listening to the game on the radio I work with a bunch of Bloody englishman sounded like an entertaining game!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS. Capt, you should TTP when your country actually gets their shite together and makes as much noise on the field as they do off of it!!

Bronco,

You should know better by now. That will never happen.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland vs Norway

Just watched the highlights, apparently a sleeper. Like what that Italian keeper did to the squareheads, I wonder if he has any tips for Douglas. Like try using your hands for a change.:D

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rab C..........

Douglas played quite well last night. He had to. Hutchinson up front? Norway's front men were more impotent than Croatia's.

Well, maybe not that bad but bad nevertheless.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts