Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2022/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why did they hire her in the first place??
Probably something they're asking themselves. Listening to her in the below clip, my sense is that she may well be exceedingly hard working and bright... but also exceedingly narcissistic on top of struggling with mental health challenges. The legal profession, for instance, is not at all without precisely these types of people.

Anyway, lots of internal inconsistencies here - for instance "the NHL isn't safe for LGBTQ people or people of colour" - yet she doesn't allege anything to have changed with respect to those groups from when she was hired. And it being against the law to lie is a circular, straw man argument that she'd be better off not making.

Were I her lawyer I'd be absolutely livid about this little media tour - either she's not listening to them, or they have a different take than I; either way this whole thing is just bizarre...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
we suck again GIF

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bieksa can keep whining about respect, but the reality is that 28 other franchises were openly rooting against the Canucks for a reason. They were a bunch of cocky dirtbags that got theirs, period.

As for the specific allegation, I suspect the truth is that guys more like Lapierre and less like the Sedins did in fact do as Chara alleges, just not in front of Bieksa who no doubt would have killed anyone pulling such a stunt...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find that take hilarious. Cocky dirtbags? The bruins were a bunch of nice guys I guess. Marchand and the boys. We were one if not the best team in the NHL for years. Part of being the best is believing it, acting like it. Getting under other teams skin. That’s why teams hated us, we won every night. Have you played sports? I hated everyone and took pride in people disliking me. I was really friendly to the teams we lumped 7-0, they were no threat.

Michael Jordan(prick), Crosby(whiny prick), Larry bird (shite talking prick), tiger woods(lovely human), Ronaldo(self absorbed prick), ken Griffey jr(prick). Becoming the best takes an arrogance. What’s everyone’s knock on the Sedins? Not winners, to nice. If they had of been more of a assholes, maybe we win and everyone acknowledges how good we were. I don’t want to be nice. I don’t know a single guy I like who is just “nice.” Some women are nice, I don’t have female friends.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find that take hilarious. Cocky dirtbags? The bruins were a bunch of nice guys I guess. Marchand and the boys. We were one if not the best team in the NHL for years. Part of being the best is believing it, acting like it. Getting under other teams skin. That’s why teams hated us, we won every night. Have you played sports? I hated everyone and took pride in people disliking me. I was really friendly to the teams we lumped 7-0, they were no threat.

Michael Jordan(prick), Crosby(whiny prick), Larry bird (shite talking prick), tiger woods(lovely human), Ronaldo(self absorbed prick), ken Griffey jr(prick). Becoming the best takes an arrogance. What’s everyone’s knock on the Sedins? Not winners, to nice. If they had of been more of a assholes, maybe we win and everyone acknowledges how good we were. I don’t want to be nice. I don’t know a single guy I like who is just “nice.” Some women are nice, I don’t have female friends.

Yes, I've played sports... baseball at a higher level than soccer to be sure but yes, team sports...

The Bruins were no saints - although the Canucks were far the dirtier team in the finals. At least the Bruins played within the code - especially the playoff code. The Canucks - for some reason - thought they were above all that. Arrogant, pissant losers who had their teeth kicked in by frankly a far superior team.

Player after player not involved in the finals made it crystal clear that they really didn't want to see the Canucks win. If the Bruins were so bad, how much worse must the Canucks have been to generate that response?

You can talk about being one of the "best teams" for years - they didn't win anything that matters. Basically the Belgium of the NHL. And as for the greats you mentioned, then inevitably respected the greatness of their opponents (Isaiah, Ovi, Magic, respectively) while at the same time being prepared to do everything necessary to best them.

Recchi was on two Cups (now three of course), Bergeron and Chara enjoyed league wide respect at the time (more now), and Thomas has just set the all-time record for best regular season save percentage. Instead of respect, the Canucks (and their media and their fans) greeted them with mockery and derision. They paid a price for that and it still gives me joy all these years later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0