Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
As of right now, the 'Nucks are 8 points back of the Habs with a game in hand.

Habs play Leafs tomorrow and Flames mid-week before "Nucks fire it back up - I think at best, the Habs pick up another 2 points.

So that would put the 'Nucks 10 points back with 3 games in hand (nevermind the Flames for now, yes ahead but we'll have 5-6 games in hand).

Personally I feel tough sledding but there is hope - DOABLE!

Thoughts?
Los Angeles Drama GIF by ABC Network

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see it as next prospect up situation. Gaudette wasn't working here, thus his value was low, and you have people in line. This was obvious even before he infected the team w/ COV-AIDS. Who's the next young stud up, Kole Lind?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No way, Bure? Too good.

I don’t know if he was at the Longhorn. Honestly, most restaurants in town were doing a great job maintaining some strong guidelines that allowed cohorts to dine and enjoy the experience. The town went most of the winter keeping the virus at bay. That all changed with the Brazilian variant. Now, it seems most households have been directly affected. Either someone in the house has contracted it or had a close exposure. It seems that way.....

As for the Longhorn, I’ve been avoiding it all winter because it’s where a lot of the staff housing workers hang..... and where Surrey hangs when it comes to town. :D. Those bloody rich Surrey folks, they are the issue.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm told the team was at dinner at Elisa and Gaudette socialized at a table outside of the Nucks bubble and picked it up there. Not in Rich-Persons-Town.

Ironically Elisa is owned by the Aquilini's

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sutter comes off the books at the end of the year, no?
Yeah, but the rest of their veteran plugs (and they have a lot), and Luongo's re-capture penalty don't come off for two. Next year will be cap hell. Year after that they'll have a ton of space, but will have to get Huges and Petey locked up long term...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm told the team was at dinner at Elisa and Gaudette socialized at a table outside of the Nucks bubble and picked it up there. Not in Rich-Persons-Town.

Ironically Elisa is owned by the Aquilini's
I was speaking to a public health nurse that spilled beans on the 'Nucks, a couple of players w/ wives in poor-person-town during that short break.

But your story sounds just as plausible.

It's weird, it's like this virus passes through the air or something? Like you can't stop it?

Who knew?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of noise this past week, have to agree, can't expect players to perform this quickly w/o any time to get the body moving again on the ice.

Crazy when you really think about it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of noise this past week, have to agree, can't expect players to perform this quickly w/o any time to get the body moving again on the ice.

Crazy when you really think about it.
Yup. They need a couple of skates at least, followed by recovery. Then you need to be ready for players who have lingering effects. You may only have 1/2 a healthy squad ready to play, even after a 5 day period of moderate effort skates to shake things out, and proper recovery. The NHL surely doesn't want to extend out their schedule to accommodate a lame ducks squad, but the optics of either forcing them to play early, or simply cancelling their games and awarding 2 points to the opposition, is terrible. I see them extending their time off by another 5 days, and I see the NHL stretching out the schedule a bit. This was bound to happen with some team, so time to kick in Plan F.

Also, Peterson? Shelve him. He's done for the year. Get medically healthy, then focus on getting his mechanics strong. Move him in w/ Sedins for summer.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny that its a pandemic until its not eh!?
Optics look so bad. Public warnings and closures, deadly virus and all.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah.

Last year, the NHL came to town, and the Province gave them the stiff arm due to their flippant attitude towards guidelines. Now a year later, The 'Nucks have notoriety of being the pro sports team hit hardest by the pandemic, due to (presumably) maybe one guy being a bit flippant about guidelines. And at that, maybe not even. Could be all followed guidelines as set forth. Seems Gaudette though is getting a bad rap from all, even teammates.

Again, my view....it's a virus. It's going to worm it's way in. When it does, yeah, consequences. When the 'Nuck beat The Blues many years ago, it was because Scott Melanby's kid gave him a stomach flu that spread to whole team. This shite isn't new. Only difference is, back then, they didn't stop anything, even though these guys were terribly sick, contagious, and playing sick.

I'd say right now, the league has adjusted it's stance on dealing w/ the virus, so they need to accommodate the Canucks. They can't help the fact this thing is airborne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts