Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel like letting Markstrom go was not the right move.
While for this season, I agree but it would never had worked "long term" unless willing to give up/expose Demko in the expansion draft. I can see why the Canucks did what they did... the term for Marky was never gonna work.

Things changed I think when Demko got in the heads of Vegas a couple of months back :)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While for this season, I agree but it would never had worked "long term" unless willing to give up/expose Demko in the expansion draft. I can see why the Canucks did what they did... the term for Marky was never gonna work.

Things changed I think when Demko got in the heads of Vegas a couple of months back :)
Fair but at this point which would you rather have? Demko has not been the same since last years playoffs, and I feel like maybe they jumped the gun on him and how ready he was. Many a goalie have had stellar showings when forced into a starting position, but come next season were not the same. I want him to be great, I really do, but so far not seeing it.
I will give him that the team playing in front is not the same and not doing him any favours.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Irks me we got a taste of it last year only to see Marky ,Toffoli, Tanev and Stecher walk while we are spoiled with the cap hits of Beagle, Sutter, Roussel on a nightly basis. Looks like we're a few years out again
Yes to this. Exact same here. No trades, run out the season, fire the GM, give new guy the keys and open budget with less dead weight on salary cap.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair but at this point which would you rather have? Demko has not been the same since last years playoffs, and I feel like maybe they jumped the gun on him and how ready he was. Many a goalie have had stellar showings when forced into a starting position, but come next season were not the same. I want him to be great, I really do, but so far not seeing it.
I will give him that the team playing in front is not the same and not doing him any favours.
Letting Marky go had to happen. Term and dollars would have been an anchor. Let Demko work this out this year, he and team will be better for it.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Letting Marky go had to happen. Term and dollars would have been an anchor. Let Demko work this out this year, he and team will be better for it.
Oh I know it had to happen, but I’m allowed to not like it aren't I?
Was just nice having a goalie you could trust back there instead of wondering who was gonna start the next game all the time

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
we suck again GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens