Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2021/2022

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Green can't possibly survive this can he?
Not after last night. I think this qualifies as an embarrassment.

Gotta say, this is something I didn't see coming, maybe w/ the exception of having your two biggest stars sit out camp. That's never a good recipe for a successful season.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, also at this rate: Is Petey gonna be a bust?

Slipping Falling Down GIF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, also at this rate: Is Petey gonna be a bust?

Slipping Falling Down GIF
Read my mind. He can't have another down year. He needs a year of playing 75-80 games, and consistent point production. Right now looks either afraid of the hard work or unwilling.

Michael

Jan 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
7 yrs of Benning is enough, he should go along with the coaching staff. I don't mind Greene but his assistant coaches are atrociously stale when it comes to the PP.

On an unrelated note, how long before Quenneville is ready for another gig?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not after last night. I think this qualifies as an embarrassment.

Gotta say, this is something I didn't see coming, maybe w/ the exception of having your two biggest stars sit out camp. That's never a good recipe for a successful season.
Don't worry, at least they got them in on team friendly.... oh never mind.

One look at that D should have told you they weren't remotely close to contending... Frankly I have to say the same about my Bruins, as presently constituted anyway...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
7 yrs of Benning is enough, he should go along with the coaching staff. I don't mind Greene but his assistant coaches are atrociously stale when it comes to the PP.

On an unrelated note, how long before Quenneville is ready for another gig?
Rumour is Claude Julien, which would be worth the entertainment value alone... Have to say his focus on veterans who play defensively sound hockey seems like a terrible fit, but if it's Benning still doing the hiring they do have the 2011 connection...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Read my mind. He can't have another down year. He needs a year of playing 75-80 games, and consistent point production. Right now looks either afraid of the hard work or unwilling.

I don't think he's a bust, so much as he's on the fast-track to a Loui Eriksson type durability reputation...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don’t think Petey will be a bust. He missed a huge chunk of time with the wrist and the hold out didn’t help. I was at Tuesday’s game and he’s just a player without confidence. He’s double clutching, passing when he should be shooting. I’m sure it’s a combo of confidence in the wrist and himself. He’s still taking up some good spaces and doing some nice things. But at an athlete level you can’t afford to second guess yourself. That extra half second is everything.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Green gets let go after tonight's game regardless of the result. Seeing they are in Anaheim where Green lives I can see a scenario playing out that doesn't involve Green getting on the plane back to Vancouver.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Green gets let go after tonight's game regardless of the result. Seeing they are in Anaheim where Green lives I can see a scenario playing out that doesn't involve Green getting on the plane back to Vancouver.

Agreed. Just gets into his golf cart and heads home.

golf baby GIF

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I'm wrong, and I'm them, I'm hoping a D makes sense wherever they pick. Failing that, Morgan Geekie and Brad Lambert would both be great gets in the middle of the first round.

I'm wondering if there's a deal to be made with NJ to unite the brothers Hughes. They have a ton of young talent just entering the league, and I see Quinn as an Erik Karlsson clone who looks sexy putting up lots of points in the regular season, but isn't the type of player you can pay 8 million per and win in the playoffs. Hischier, Severson, Wood, Smith, McLeod, Holtz, Mercer, Sharangovich... there's gold in them there hills and the Canucks desperately need a cap and depth rebalancing...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0