Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2021/2022

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Donald Trump GIF
Season 10 Finale GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm
It was just the Leafs. Calm down

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hold off on the trades and let these guys push for the rest of the season. Make your moves in the Summer.

8-2 last 10 and the odds are still uphill but man, it's been a long time for fans to be watching the scoreboard / standings daily.

Or is that just me?

who is that GIF

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All those writers that said, pre Boudreau, that this team needed more depth and was never gonna get anywhere with what they had. And that coach was gonna get fired but it wasn’t his fault and he did his best with what he had.

Pretty quiet now.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
All those writers that said, pre Boudreau, that this team needed more depth and was never gonna get anywhere with what they had. And that coach was gonna get fired but it wasn’t his fault and he did his best with what he had.

Pretty quiet now.

Their D is still absolute trash. Demko gives them a shot every night because he's on the cusp of elite if not already there (I admit, I underestimated him). Their forward group is probably deep enough assuming Petey stays healthy. But Quinn Hughes can't win a battle down low to save his life, and he's the best they've got. It all adds up to the quintessentially Canuck 9th or 10th place finish.

And in fairness to Green, he had to put up with his two best players waltzing into camp late with their giant bags of money and playing their way into game shape - not to mention the locker room issues that no doubt caused. There isn't a team in the league that could survive its two best players faceplanting for a month...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Their D is still absolute trash. Demko gives them a shot every night because he's on the cusp of elite if not already there (I admit, I underestimated him). Their forward group is probably deep enough assuming Petey stays healthy. But Quinn Hughes can't win a battle down low to save his life, and he's the best they've got. It all adds up to the quintessentially Canuck 9th or 10th place finish.

And in fairness to Green, he had to put up with his two best players waltzing into camp late with their giant bags of money and playing their way into game shape - not to mention the locker room issues that no doubt caused. There isn't a team in the league that could survive its two best players faceplanting for a month...
All fair but they look far from the team that started the season when everyone had their hand on the panic button. Me included.
I actually watch them now!!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hold off on the trades and let these guys push for the rest of the season. Make your moves in the Summer.

8-2 last 10 and the odds are still uphill but man, it's been a long time for fans to be watching the scoreboard / standings daily.

Or
Unless they intend on paying Miller a huge raise in a year they should trade him while his worth is at the all time high

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leafs get Miller

Canucks get First overall pick, Sandin and a prospect

Come Let Me Love You GIF

that was a week ago.....with Campbell hurt now

Leafs get Fluery

Hawks get first overall pick and prospect

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boudreau is letting them pin their ears back which makes for entertaining hockey and fits how the team is constructed... but I'm not sure it leads to playoff success. "Bruce holy shite" is the more likely refrain come April, and not in a good way...

They should sell Miller and get a king's ransom, but their ownership is far too myopically focused on win now that I can't see them doing it...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boudreau is letting them pin their ears back which makes for entertaining hockey and fits how the team is constructed... but I'm not sure it leads to playoff success. "Bruce holy shite" is the more likely refrain come April, and not in a good way...

They should sell Miller and get a king's ransom, but their ownership is far too myopically focused on win now that I can't see them doing it...
Agree. His value is just skyrocketing at the moment; what you can get for him now will pay near immediate dividends going forward. Maybe not this season, but definitely next and down the line.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are cooked. Nice run for a bit of hope but time to shift and watch the rebuild.

Anyone going to be moved today?

Garland, Brock, ?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boeser's 7.5 qualifying offer makes him nothing more than a rental... and he's a scorer who isn't scoring... they'd have to add a lot to get Boldy, I think...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Motte to Rangers for a 4th.

The reality is that's probably right for a 4th liner, no?

In other deals, Welcome back Brad Richardson whom the Nucks claimed on waivers today. He's 37 and ready for our contender status in '25.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0