Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
On another note, is it just me or is this whole "culture" thing being blown outta whack

Ya, not sure I love the all but open policy that if he didn't get injured there would be no supplemental discipline.

That being said, I get that the NHL is trying to curb injuries to its star players and especially concussions. Look at the NFL this season; if you sneeze on a quarterback it's a roughing the passer/unnecessary roughness penalty. Ultimately pro leagues seem to realize that as much as fans do love the "blood sport" style, physical aspect, testosterone overload part of the game like watching a guy get absolutely pummeled by a big hit, their stars make the great plays that put even more asses in the seats. It's even more in their best interest to keep those guys on the ice/field/court.

Pettersson will be out 2+ weeks; two games for the no name d-man who got his panties in a bunch and went out of his way to wreck the kid seems fair.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pens 1-0 Canucks

Why can't we have nice things? Another first-shot-goal-against from between the pipes.

:rage::punch:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see Brock get going. What panic in Vancouver! He came in fit but yeah, heavier. Coming off an injury and rehab. It was going to take a few games as game pace to get him back to being his normal quickness, and it appears he is starting to look more like the kid that was unstoppable last year.

I was in Pittsburg last week. Jesus, they are so used to winning Cups there they think it's normal. I want nice things too.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gutsy win for the Canucks tonight in Vegas. Unlikely that they can keep this going, especially with the rate that they are losing players to injury, but at least it looks like they should be fun to watch most nights. Also, why they didn't give Bo the "C" I don't know, clearly his team and he literally dragged them to that win tonight.

Gotta say, objectively the Leafs are one of the best teams in the league. Not thrilled about it, but it is beyond question. TSN has got to get their hard-on under control though. Every time I go on their website, Leafs are top story; even if it's not game day. Tonight they played the Jets, another team that TSN has the regional rights for, and while they were deservedly the lead story on Sports Centre (two Canadian teams going at it) the 7.5 minutes of analysis on the Leafs performance and not a single mention of the Jets (who might be the best team in the West, certainly the best Canadian team in the West) was eye roll worthy.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although the score seems close. Jets weren't in the game last night.

They get another chance Saturday Hockey Night in Canada

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes McDavid is for sure better this year so far...lol

Not talking about overall.

When you score 7 a game its comes with consequences having quite arguably the fastest team in the East.

@Regs he cant read do agree with him ;) lol

Someone has been very silent about his Laffs....Auston who? McJesus every day of the week and twice on Sunday....even before the hangnail injury Matthews has been a disappearing act

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game for my first time seeing Pettersson live.

I swear I saw a bit of driven ego coming from Boeser too on some saves made off his shots, which only tells me the competition for the top dog spot is afoot and only good for us.

Sad to see so many seats in the lower bowl.
They play like that more often and those seats will fill up.
Well worth the admission last night.

Gaudette struggled I felt but he got some ice time which is good.

Future's looking good here I think (hope).

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another great game.

Diwali celebrations in full force and a way better atmosphere than Monday with much more seats filled.

I know he scored but I just feel Eriksson is taking time away from someone else we can develop further.
Maybe he adds something in the dressing room, I don't know.
And maybe he's not really a negative and is fine being on the 3rd or 4th line.
But he just seems slow to me and past it.
I know we have to eat that stupid contract but it just seems inevitable to me he has to go.

Seeing those 5 younger players out there not giving up one bit and tying it up after going down 6-5 tells me everything I need to know about where we need to go, and where we're going to hopefully go.

Loving this shite and becoming a Travis Green fan too.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Coach AV still out there and available, the Kings go with Willie D?

WTF?!?!?

#tankcity

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
AV would never sign an interim contract as WD. AV would certainly request immediately 3 - 5 year contract. Kings are gambling with WD this season. If he succeeds great; if he does not then there is an easy solution that does not cost a lot.

Beside that, Kings may be hoping that Joel Quenneville's tenure may be nearing the end in Chicago in which case it would be easy to remove WD (or name him as an assistant coach) and hire JQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts