Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2015/16 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always enjoy the atmosphere at the rink when Toronto's here but man that was hard to watch last night.
The Canucks were terrible and didn't have anything going at all for the first two periods.
Boring as fcuk and the Leafs were all over them - It was on the verge of embarrassing.
At one point it was unbelievable with us on the power play and four leafs playing high at the blue line and they couldn't even get in the Leafs end until they had to dump it in.
The crowd cheered at that point, which were half Leafs anyway but still.
Tragic.

Love the early start and Gotham was quite nice for dinner after though.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger I think the team has quit on WD. Most of them look like they are on death march. In the old days guys from farm would come up and play to lift the pace of the game. Now days they play dogs, guys from miners sit. What-F is the point of the farm team. Players come here to sit and watch.
Any body that knows hockey knows that Vertinen should be in Utica, Etam the same, Burrows and Vrbata gone. Kids from Utica should be here. Grenier, Archibuald, Gaunce for dam sure. WD has to stand up and hold the rains if he wants to keep his job, he has been set up for fall. Greener will be here in less than a year. One thing about Greener he does not take crap. Stands and coaches as coaches should. Team is split with four coaches. No more than two guys behind the bench. Head coach and D coach is more than enough. Add a coach for power play during the practices.
As a Canucks fan for years I have never seen this. They should put can full of dog shyt in the dressing room and let them figure it out. Out right no pride.
Owners should get rid of 3/4 guys running that team.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lot of people looking for Willie to be canned but I just don't think its him.
I really think Benning is behind most of this and Linden for that matter.
I think we're dealing with a three headed monster here and I'm just not liking what they're doing.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Linden was never a monster a winder yes,Benning was a slug and Sir Willy gums it up. Over all makes many people un-happy. Team has no hart or any drive. With five guys behind the bench. Frack me it sad, it's become boring to watch. People of BC deserve better than this. It really does not matter to me who goes.
I have coached both hockey and soccer for many years. I would do better job with bunch of guys from AHL than twins and WD do here.
WD and pink shorts should be their game slogan. No wood chucks there. Tortorella said it well. Soft soft and more soft.
Since AV left everything went for shyt. We need big Burt back in this town. In my opinion team needs to trade Miller get a player back,trade Vrbata get a player back trade Burrows get a player back. Send Vertinen to juniors to get lots of playing time. Add guys from Utica and rough it out. We could land a kid like MacLeod in the summer.
If I was the owner I would fire all the scouts and coaches now and start fresh with new people, new ideas and tons more, slogo playing hard, players taken in the draft pitbulls To me team with out grit and drive is nothing more than a dead horse. Makie it fun, skate full out and dam well try.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bit better but hockey gods just kick us in the ars. I hope guys tie and win this one. Some how we deserve better. According to Lindan it's all A OK.
Maybe Horvat will get it done.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tomorrow will be true test for Canucks. They win they still have a chance to make the playoffs. I hope guys wake up and play the dam game like a playoff game. Utica keeps on winning with big scores, we need Grenier and Pedan here. WD deserves better than he has been getting. He gets the blame but in my view GM has to be blamed. Team drops points in third period mostly due to under-size players. And for most in last ten minutes when bigger players step it up. There is no point to wait till it's done now is a must . Henrik is right when he turns the point to upper management.
WD deserves better players than kids Benning is pushing. Prust Cracknell and Dorsett did way better job on line four than the team does now. Anthi Oksanen should be added asp. Kids that club drafts need two three years in the miners. GM place would be full if we add Oksanen and Brian Christi.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The more I watch NHL the more I think we need northern group of Canadian teams only. To bring our hockey back the way it was. With addition of Qubec city team it would work. Two home two away games or four home four away games . For what ever reason Canadian teams just do not have the same drive for hockey, fans the same. Come playoffs our clubs would have way more pride. It would give more Canadian refs jobs. Second most important thing would be to have AHL teams in Canada not in US. Why are we lifting their economy. Place like Saskatoon,place like Kelowna place like Victoria BC, place like Halifax place like Thunder Bay.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs we have a team but NHL is a big ???? with Linden and Benning. They gave Corrado for bag of testies,. Will not buy NHL level player or College player ready for NHL that could score fifteen twenty goals. We look more and more like good AHL team. Now I herd Hansen might be gone along side of Vrbata and Miller and if we loose Hamhuis we are going to be good OHL team. Only Burrows and twins will be here with high NHL know how. You did see it last night team lost every puck one on one. If you have GM that knows what it takes three players can change the out come of each game. Talking positive talk and buying minos will result in second last place in NHL. US college players are for most mature guys who can step in and score the goals we need. Young guys we have run around but game sense is three years away yet and points the same.
Look at Edmonton last five six years always first round selection still last place in the group. Team has so many scouts that one could go nuts just talking to them. One pro scout, one AHL scout, one OHL one one WHL is all we need. Use Naslad for Europian players. In three years we could be as good as Washington or any top club. Stop buying Etams of the world. Club must add guys NHL ready forget coaching school in NHL.
I pointed out few guys. Minnistota has added Frolin big D to their roster. Brian Christi coul lead on third line centre,Ahti Oksanen is as good as twins if he was given a chance here. Club keeps on holding on dead horses. Net result was showen last nigh and many other games.

Last edited:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akslop you are 100% right. No one can blame a coach and his guys. Dam it man we need two wings six foot three 220lbs plus to grind it out in the Corners.Only Bo and Vertenen and Dorsett are doing it. Bring two guys and help the team. This little flashing circle in some of non photo boxes makes me laugh. I think heat will be turned way up in GM place meeting rooms. Bring Brandon Prust back on line four or teams are going to run twins rest of the season.
I have figured out we have to start new band Willie and the boys. Willie is OK but boys can not play. Gm place will be full and no one will go home with head splitting pain. Hutton.Spisa,Tenev,and Hamie stay rest go. Markstrom,Twins, Hansen.Bo, Burrows, Dorsett, Cracknell, MacCann, Vertinen stay rest go.
Paper bags will be out soon.
Watching them play I think moonshine sales will go up. Hats sale with chickens on it even more.
Stay positive boys it will be rockey ride till the end. ??? is can we sell any dead horses to teams in the cup run.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akslop who would you trade on that team. Tempa wants McCann for Druin no way in my opinion. Virtanen finally scores a goal,I think he is starting to read the play bit more.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank Stalian you know me. Top rock watches many games to spot future players. We dam well lack GM and President to buy two wings above minno LBS. It has cost us a playoff spot this year. They got rid of Shawn Matthias it has hurt them big. Oksanen and Matthias we might get the points we need yet.
Pedan from Utica is a must if they want to do bit better.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
We can like our own posts now. @Dude will be thrilled. @Mr Base right now the best return on this team has to be Hansen. Vrbata is a cancer and has checked out hopefully a third or fourth for him. Hamhius could maybe bring back a second and a prospect. Burrows we would need to eat or take back a similar salary. I could see miller moving but who would backup Markstrom? The FA goalie pool this year is slim. Reimer I believe is the only real proven Goalie. He would be okay on team that has above average defense. Sedins are second line players. Our off season focus should be to build a new top line and add a Stud dman. Hopefully edler retires

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Akslop for your input. Demco Boston College is more than good for that job as a backup. All Canucks have to do is give him a contract. Edler always gets hurt on trade dead line just to stay here with twins, I am sure Canucks could get second round for him. Burrows is not going anywhere soon. He and WD are good friends. Burrows could make a good coach in near future. Hansen you are right, there is five six teams that would grab him,second round no problem. Bartowski makes many mistakes in his own zone, club might give him one more year to improve. In my opinion Biega should be part of trade deal. Pedan is much bigger player as you can see we need a guy like him helping keepers. Vrbata will end up in Chicago with Hamhuis for short tearm. I am sure Hamhuis will be back with Canucks next year. Second round for Hamhuis easy. Some how I think Pedan and Shields from Utica will be here soon.
It will be more fun waching younger guys. Bo Borvat needs bigger LW wing than Beatschi one could see Jon Martin here from Swift Curent over age C/RW/LW. Kids like Glen Gawdin from Swift Curent should be given a try out in Utica along side with Max Lajoie.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burrows salary is nothing. Dorsett makes more against the cap then burrows. Lol

Where the fcuk did you get that from?? Last time I checked 4.5 was greater than 2.65. The system failed you. If I were you I'd sue. Either that or limit my posting to day time hours :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts