Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2015/16 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Note Cam Reid was on loan to Utica from Reading Royals Phily farm team. Not sure what that was all about,it might be for next year contract. Cam played two games head one assist.
Benning did spend bit of time watching East Cost games there might be more to that. He might be looking for guy like Burrows but younger.
Luango will do all in his power to stop Canucks from winning. Should be one heck of a game.
I think Bo will score against old Lu.
It time for that guy to get some points. His game is getting better. Maybe Senta will bring Luck to Burrows and Higgens.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Simple wish for Benning, make the pay-offs have a good Christmas add Willie Corrin and roll a hoo.
For Steamer bit later in January the same but my wish he fights for Shinkaruk kid can score goals with twins he would have twenty after Christmas.
For Mosol to have peace save the kids and stop war.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went to the game yesterday and thought Andrey Pedan did quite well actually.
Took him a couple of shifts to maybe settle in but asserted himself early and was good for the rest of the game.
He's big and lanky and had a Chara look about him.

I'd never heard of him before last night.

Flipper

Jul 26, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Google Pedan's fight against Jared Tinordi. I got a headache just from watching it.

Took him a couple of shifts to maybe settle in but asserted himself early and was good for the rest of the game.

Flipper

Jul 26, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Google Pedan's fight against Jared Tinordi. I got a headache just from watching it.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utica has paid off so far. Nice to see youth coming this way. Yes Pedan can fight. Canucks are also bringing in Ashton Sautner from Utica. Also a future Canucks player. Benning might even make a move soon. Montreal is in trouble Burrows would fix bit of problem Vrbata even more maybe even Weber. Not sure which one but it could happen Edmonton could be in the running also.
Flipper Pedan is a solid solid stay at home D, with him Sbisa, Hutton, Tenev, Edler, Biega.Hami team is OK.
I hope Benning gives a chance to Brandon Baddock in my opinion power centre forward that also knows how to take care of business.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could Dmitri Filippovich end up with Canucks in near future, Looks like Linden in his younger days. Daniel Bokun also should be looked at for future.
I see Linden has been watching those two lately. Or maybe Pavel Bure is sending bit of info.
Both strong players.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zack Kassian now an Oiler in trade for Ben Scrivens. Possible interesting pressers the next time Edmonton come to town...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good for Kassian. He needs a fresh start. Alcohol did in many young guys I hope stays away and pulls his act together. He has talent, hope he uses it.
We might see Higgens or Burrows get moved soon. Coach likes both for defensive work yet not many point. One could see Garnier or Gaunce here before the trade line. Both would do equal job of Higgens or Burrows with bit more pace.
So far so good team is still in play off running even with many changes. That kid from Slovakian junior program would fit well here. He reminds me so much of Hank an Dainel when they came here. Kids name Pospisil what skill, McCann and him would fit well.
I still think it was a mistake to get rid of Kassian. I wish that Kas nothing but the best.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Trace did you see boys play men tonight. There is no way forward with out guy like Johansen from Columbus. We lose every face off and chase the puck. Markstrum head no chance on the goals. Club has to let one of the kids go along with one D to Columbus to get Johansen.
It really shows against better teams. Something has to be done to get this club moving forward.
Bo has the blues and just can not shake them. The only good thing was watching Pedan fight.
On to next one in for a long season. We miss Sbisa and Sutter big time. What the heck is Dorsett doing on second line? Gernier should be here. Dorsett fourth line and no higher. WD needs wax removal.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching Jake play in today's game was upsetting me. Ref must be from US every call went against him. The harder that he tried the worse it got for him.
I hope Canucks give him time to develop. Rushing a young man can work against total development. What a game today,we have nothing to be sad about guys gave it all. Man oh man Fins have some big kids with good skill. One or two on Canucks would be nice. Big 28 on Fins side should go in top three.
Looks like Kopitar with that much skill.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frenchise -Taking penalties did us in. Refs in Europe call every dam thing. On top of they invent penalties. Jake was running and gunning you can not do that on World stage. It will kill you. Even here in NHL refs are calling many dub penalties. I watch American college games. Div one level for life of me I can not understand why more guys from div one teams do not end up in NHL. Guy like Brandon Denham and Sam Herr should be here kids should be in AHL or junior program to develop. AHL guys must be pissed off when they come and see what is going on.
Canucks are in for a very tough second half of the season,it will be very hard to get in to play-off if club does not add size to play against teams like LA.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Etem Emerson is a newest Canuck, "this might nip ducks in the but" they gave up on him. In juniors Etem was a dam goal scorer. If he gets his nose for goal again look out. Man loves to hit and play tough in the corners, it was bit of rough ride till he got here but at 29 over all in 2011 draft Canucks can only gain. Giving Nick Jensen and 6 round pick 2017 is a good move. Etem has played around 130 games in NHL and some in play offs' and he is just 23 years old.
Older guys better pick it up if they wish to stay here. Montreal is after Burrows I am not sure what plans Canucks have for him. Virtinen and Emerson both younger guys. Gaunce is in next year for sure on LW again one older guy will pack up. Torts loves Higgens and Dorsett one never knows.One could also see Archi here from Utica, shyt all the sand paper team needs Grenier the same. Shinkaruk Bo Etem future line. Grenier McCann Virtinen. Twins and Hensen, Archi Gaunce and Cracknell. Both Prust and Dorsset will bring third round player in. Both good players to move if Canucks will want to go younger. Archi can fight Gernier can fight. Pedan can dam well fight.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Regs you are right he is improving. Shinkaruk might have to hold on for one more year. I all know team will be stronger and way younger.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
OT is very hard on Canucks, lost again in OT. Tons of chances to end it but hockey gods just don't give Canucks a chance. I was glad to see young Jake do well after that garbage person from Provice sport section.
Benning has done well with Amerson Etem addition. Now if he could pick up the D Detroit put on waivers it could help down the line. Mature guy in the back is needed team gives far many chances in the back At $950 000 cap hit he is a fit. Goal in OT by Tempa is what I am talking about. Three V three is man on man Edler forgets to mark his guy, third game he did that in OT. "One guy must stay back". I think young Pedan would do better job in OT than Edler.
Kids like Alex Smith and Joel Kocur should be given PTO at Utica.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks are shopping Chris Higgens, guy has done well here for many years. Most we will get is third or fourth round draft or AHL player plus a 4 round draft. I hope the team moves him to a team that has a chance in play-offs. As a shot down forward Chris still can play three four years. Canucks are going younger and faster, it's about time. To me Canucks have bigger problem on D than on a forward core. In my opinion Edler or Hamie should be moved, team must add physical D along side of Sbisa to help Miller and Markstrom. Pedan could step in and do that job with no problem. Daniel Vukovic is another guy club should look at, mature 6"3" guy with lots of zip in his game low cost to stay under the cap.
Watching Edmonton play tonight it really shows that physical game is here after Christmas, smaller teams will drop lots of points in tough games.
It should be dam good game between Canucks and big Lui, Big Lui's team is on fire 12 games one after another with full points.
Emerson most likely will get a first start with Canucks I hope he pops two passed Bobby Lu. How about that young Markstrom, he is starting to look like Bobby Lu when his game took off with Canucks.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hate to say it but Higgy is done at this level I think.
Every game I've watched this year he has looked slow and been a passenger.
In fact, I think management have shown him tons of loyalty and patience this year.

Thanks for your service but time to move on and get more pace and jump into the line up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's placed on waivers and not picked up by anyone.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Class move by the Canucks to start Virtanen with the Twins Saturday night.

I thought he looked good out there and played a great game to answer the critics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0