Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canuck 2012 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GMMG

-will first meet with Ownership regarding his own situation (entering 5th year of a 5 year contract, no extension at the moment), will then evalute Coaching situation
-going to stick with adding offense, and not regress to defence first play
-assess the goalie situation, said if worst case scenario is entering next year with both goalies, then things could be worse

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I found it interesting the comment he made about Cody "we built him into something we could move". Earlier in the year the team 1040 was talking about how players getting used in certain situations that can effect their stats. They used Cody and Malholtra as an example. Cody took mostly offensive face offs so you are already at an advantage to be on the ice for scoring opportunities where a player like Malhotra takes defensive face offs so you are more likely to be onthe ice when a scoring chance goes against you. I wonder if it was more than just AV choice to not useCody in defensive situations. Cody's plus minus went down when he got to Buffalo and after an increase in ice time upon arrival his ice time started to get cut back.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cody took mostly offensive face offs so you are already at an advantage...

gillis went on to say that his offensive-zone starts weren't by accident, they were basically showcasing and padding his stats to raise his value.

IRT the defensive and offensive zone starts, the Canucks appear to be a leader, almost to the extreme, in using specific players to start in each zone. The sedins both were at approx. 80% Offensive Starts, where Malhotra was at 13%. Hank was the top NHL player (with at least 10 starts) and Malhotra was the lowest (with Lapierre, Pahlsson and Weise also in the bottom 10).

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You must be good at NHL'12... how is CBJ going to take on 13 Mill in Booth, Kesler, and Ballard?
Suter is getting 7+
Mitchell isn't coming back here anytime soon.
Hedman isn't going to be traded by Tampa. What good is a goalie if you have pylons in front of him?
Trading Edler is fools errand.

Try again.

LOL

i still havent figured the new smiley face system yet

Anytime you want an PS3 NHL 12 shite pumping give me a shout!

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
gillis went on to say that his offensive-zone starts weren't by accident, they were basically showcasing and padding his stats to raise his value.

The article I read didn't include that I just assumed. I am a bit surprised he would come out and admit it though even if it looked pretty obvious.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The article I read didn't include that I just assumed. I am a bit surprised he would come out and admit it though even if it looked pretty obvious.

from listening to the press conference, gillis sounded like he had gotten very frustrated with Cody/Cody's dad. He had identified 6 players that he would trade Cody for, and Kassian was on the list. At that point, the deal was done.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luongo said he would waive his no trade if Gillis asked him to. He said it's about what best for the team. The bastard, the nerve of this guy putting the team first, we should run him out of town.

At this point I think it's best for him to get a fresh start somewhere else. I hope fans and media don't do the same to Cory because Luongo is the best goalie the Canucks have had.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It has been speculated about his dad for a long time now. Hope his dad doesn't ruin the kids career because I still think he is going to be a good player.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
from listening to the press conference, gillis sounded like he had gotten very frustrated with Cody/Cody's dad. He had identified 6 players that he would trade Cody for, and Kassian was on the list. At that point, the deal was done.

See sometimes I know what I am talking about ;)

Cody was an outkast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts