Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canadians playing in Europe

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I figured we could start a thread updating young Canadian players heading off to Europe for, hopefully, long and productive careers and hopefully we can keep track of their progress.

We know that:

• the young Surrey United kid ended up at Celtic recently
  • Keegan Ayre is off to either West Ham or PSV or Feyenoord either this week or next
  • apparently a kid by the name of Jamies Peters is off to Manchester United

Forget the top part of the article:

Wes Brown hopes to return to training with Manchester United this week.

The England international defender has had a torrid time with injuries over the past couple of years, with an Achilles problem his latest setback.

Brown was injured in the early stages of pre-season but after receiving treatment he feels he is ready to return to training.

He has not missed too much football and the 24-year-old could even play a part in Monday's clash with Everton.

"I had a needle (on the injury) two weeks ago and ever since it has felt great," Brown told MUTV.

"I started to run from the end of last week and have done some football now. It is fine.

"Hopefully I will be back in training at the end of this week. I will be looking at next week (to play) if everything goes fine.

"The injury happened the first few days into training. I carried on thinking it might be because I had not done anything for a few weeks.

"It has not been that long - only a couple of weeks - that is the main thing. But it did my head in a bit."

Brown's return will be a welcome relief for United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, who has been short of defensive cover.

Roy Keane has been playing in the heart of the defence recently but the skipper is keen to revert to his central midfield role.

Meanwhile, United are believed to have offered a trial to 17-year-old Canadian striker Jamies Peters.

Anymore?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keegan's off to Europe eh?
Garry and Darla must be chuffed about that.
Good for him, you knew that was going to happen at the age of 18 months I remember thinking. :D

Crafty Cokcney had two lads from Delta Metro off to West Ham.
Wonder where they're at?

Cheers,
RF

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kristjan Johansson and Matt Ormerud both went to West Ham United. Things did not work out for Kristjan who returned just recently to Canada. Matt is still in the UK after trials at West Ham and Leicester City.

Cheers

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Keegan Ayre who just signed with Hibs in Scotland the other night!

Well done Keegan! Do us proud!

DJ

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts