Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canadian Premier League

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, but for their graduates.

Doesn't seem like this is something I'd need to explain to you.

@mtkb - that being said, exactly like that....why not just have the same member clubs establish those teams? I suppose the financial burden / commitment is the big sticking point, but yes, exactly like that.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
that being said, exactly like that....why not just have the same member clubs establish those teams? I suppose the financial burden / commitment is the big sticking point, but yes, exactly like that.

Because with the kids' teams, they're making money from vicarious parents. What's the incentive for them to field adult teams?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because with the kids' teams, they're making money from vicarious parents. What's the incentive for them to field adult teams?
A sale deal like the Ontario situation, leading to (presumably) some funding.

That’s all I can think of, besides altruistic reasons such as continuing to build the game locally. Charity is nice and feel good, but fcuk me it takes a certain type to see it through long term. The Marty Fodens are few and far in between.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
RIP to Marty, while we're at that...

I was being sarcastic, because of course the devil is in the details with the BCSPL, and extending it to the adult world would add another layer of complexity to the mix...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Building the game locally is going to need a lot more than altruism. I'd suggest that masochism is more likely the case. That and a sea-change in perspective from our local leagues.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Building the game locally is going to need a lot more than altruism. I'd suggest that masochism is more likely the case. That and a sea-change in perspective from our local leagues.

Bingo, Trece, and I don't see that happening. Ultimately I see some sort of a Tier III league popping up, and with the attraction of pro / rel system w/ CPL, it attracting over the typical current "Premier" level player, and with it, the ambitious clubs. The three leagues will be siphoned of their best talent, and effectively, their "Premier" divisions will be so watered down to the point that they will now become feeders to this new Tier II league.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Known for his technical ability and pace, the two-footed Chung is capable of playing in both fullback positions. He has also appeared higher up the pitch as a winger.
Good signing, especially if he has more than one foot.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the first official signing of a player that attended the Open Trials was made by Edmonton, and it ended being an international rather than a Canadian.
https://canpl.ca/article/a-16-hour-...-trial-the-story-of-fc-edmontons-son-yongchan

I know some of our guys who went to the trials have been in touch with different teams. I don't think any will get a bonafide contract offer from it, but they will be invited to preseason camp where they'll have the opportunity to earn it.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts