Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada's '06 World Cup Draw

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree 100%.

This just in: hell has frozen over. News at 11. Rant and poll to come, Olympic section.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off,

Regs wouldn't it have been easier to cut and paste your answer in here than post a link????

They looked terrible at the back and could Simpson give the ball up any more. DeRosario looked like he had an off day also. Hopefully they sort a few things out before the next game or this could be worse than the last attempt to qualify.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was an attempt to get people to post their thoughts in a DEDICATED THREAD for this one game.

My bad for not spelling it out.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP - Throw the Piss

This is going to sound like a TTP, but in fact it is a "Throw the Piss". This is too funny. A Swangard Stadium staff member came into the works yard today to purchase ropes and flagging for security reasons at the game tonight. They are worried about soccer fans coming to the game with Zip Lock bags, that they can fill with Piss and throw and the Ref and/or Players. So they will be searching for these Zip Lock bags tonight, if you look like a Piss Thrower watch out; but is a piss thrower look like a Central American, Costa Rica, soccer fan or a Radical Canadian soccer fan.

Now based on stories from Central American stadiums, you would think it would be the Costa Rica fans buying all the Zip Locks for tonights game, BUT, with the Refs and the calls that Canada has had so far, I would not be surprised to see some Radical "Piss Throwing" Canadian Fans. I have to say, I think it would be a first for Swangard, and I had a good laugh when the staff member told me this.

Has anyone seen any piss throwing at Swangard, or is anyone planning on taking in a bunch of Zip Lock bags for tonights game. It is a great night to drink some beer and throw some piss :D .

hos - this is not a joke

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update: 17th minute

Canada 1-0 Costa Rica
De Rosario (12) Canada

- Canada's Dwayne de Rosario scores with a right footed 28-yard shot past a diving Mesen into the bottom right corner. So far, it hasn't been called back for offside or a phantom foul...yet!

- no bags of urine thrown...yet!

27th minute

Guatemala 0-0 Honduras

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game is on at midnight tonight on SportsNet Pacific (ch. 22) but SportsNet West (ch. 82), Ontario (ch. ch. 83) and East (ch. 84) are playing it at 10:00pm our time... if the baseball games end on time, of course!

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update: Halftime

Canada 1-0 Costa Rica
De Rosario (12) Canada
- 1 bag of urine thrown...sorry, sorry. Not urine, NATCHOS

Guatemala 0-0 Honduras
- 3 bags of urine thrown

Other results:

67' Mexico 2-0 Trinidad and Tobago
FT St. Kitts and Nevis 0-3 St. Vincent / Grenadines
FT Jamaica 0-0 El Salvador
FT USA 6-0 Panama

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Merde!

67' minute
Canada 1-1 Costa Rica
De Rosario (12) Canada, Wanchope (49) Costa Rica

- you leak goals every game, your bound to drop points. Canada has done this in every game.

Double merde!!!!!

71' minute
Guatemala 1-0 Honduras
Carlos Ruiz (57') Guatemala

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's virtually over! Merde!!!!

83' minute
Canada 1-2 Costa Rica
De Rosario (12) Canada, Wanchope (49) Costa Rica, Sunsin (81) Costa Rica

- Costa Rica's William Sunsin scores the go ahead goal after he flicked the ball past Onstad and recovered the ball for a tap into the net.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
87' minute
Canada 1-3 Costa Rica
De Rosario (12) Canada, Wanchope (49) Costa Rica, Sunsin (81) Costa Rica, Hernandez (85) Costa Rica

- Mark Watson is given a caution just outside the penalty area. The following free-kick taken by Carlos Hernandez makes into the top left corner of the net in the 87th minute.

Watty has had a nightmarish qualifying campaign. Time to rebuild the backline with both Watty and De Vos heading off into retirement.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's over. Time to close this thread for good! :mad:

Bitter disappointment, for sure. From bad refereeing to leaking goals late in games, the national team just wasn't good enough to make leads stick! Canada needs to help their young players develop into international calibre players. The gap between the old guard, the Watson's, and the youth, ie: Humes, is much too big. The last group that did well at the World Under 19's was the Clarke group (1997?) and I can't think of too many of them that are in the national team (Stalteri and ?). :rolleyes:

The US takes their top 40 under 17's and house them and school them at the IMG Academy in the Florida. They've been doing it for the last 10 years or so and the level and quality of players that they are producing is much, much better than ours. Result - World Cup qualification and continuous top 20 in FIFA ranking. :mad:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
djones said:
- The following free-kick taken by Carlos Hernandez makes into the top left corner of the net in the 87th minute.
For what's it's worth, that third goal was fan-tas-tic. The ball lifted just over the right half of the wall and then made an abrupt left turn and picked out the top left corner. Canadian keeper could only stand and watch.

That was one magic luggie.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
At the game, (Thanks to LFC from SoccerWest). Great seats next to the Player entrance tunnel... Problem with that was the Costa Rican fans constantly barging in for autographs or banter with their friends on the edge of the playing field (never seen so many "NON-players" allowed around the pitch).

I really enjoyed the game, 1st half especially was entertaining and I counted several good scoring opportunities for the Canadian Squad. Ref for a change was quite good calling Dives more often than fouls. Costa Rica scored 2 excellent goals including a Cracker on a free kick... though I had thought our Keeper could have maybe handled the rebound on one tally.

Canada looked loose opening the game, not nervous and tentative like the previos game I attended (Guatemala).

Despite the outcome I had a good time.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shite! As Carl Fletcher would say, " It was a game of two halves." I thought Canada looked good in the first half and created some good chances. It was an entertaining first half. Not sure what happened at half time though! They came out and looked absolute crap. The back line had a ruff night, Watty and De Vos struggled and looked quite slow. Watty was megged and Devos was turned more than a roulette wheel. Corrizin looked more like he should have been squeezed into a sausage bag rather than a national team Jersey. He is a fat Fcuk, and that should be that should be his last cap.

I also want to thank Swanguard for the ONE tent selling pints. With the friggen line they had and cutting off beer sales even before the end of half time I was lucky to get two pints in. I thought they could have added to the atmosphere as well by moving the grand stand bleaches closer to the field rather than further away. How are you supposed to hit the players with bags of piss while sitting outside lane eight on the track :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts