Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada Women @ Tokyo Olympics

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 1 finished earlier this morning, 1-1 draw with the host nation.

I don't know about anyone else but I am not really excited about these Olympic games. I guess some filler before EPL fires back up in less than a month.

Sinclair is 38 now, is it not time to pass the torch on?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

I don't know about anyone else but I am not really excited about these Olympic games. I guess some filler before EPL fires back up in less than a month.

Same boat. No fans. Cardboard beds to prevent banging in the athletes village. Then there's the time difference which doesn't help. Hearing the US women lost to Sweden in their opener is my gold medal.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I am always jacked about the Olympics, but this time it definitely has a different tone, more like a "Let's get this over with" sort of feel.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

You would think so but then she went and scored their goal today...

Tossed the PVR on for the game but haven't watched yet. Sounds like I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I usually love the Olympics, but it really does feel as though they are just cramming this one in. Time difference also a major factor. Hopefully there are some "morning events" starting next week when the games get into full swing that are on starting around 6pm or so our time, similar to the early rounds of the Australian Open tennis.

As for CWNT, by all reports they were industrious in midfield as usual but struggled to create going forward. Been the case really since Sinclair was in her prime around London 2012. They keep talking like the Canadian's are serious gold medal contenders, but given how they are currently constructed and set up I struggle to see it.

F*ck the Yanks, though!

Members online

Latest posts