Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada WNT: Road to Brazil 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leroux...where would I start?

Anyhow...

Back on topic...if you had 6 months to prepare yourself physically for a chance at gold, why would you not do everything possible?

This is what I don't get about our girls. They looked less fit than other nations at the WC...and it was on home soil, FFS!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leroux...where would I start?

Anyhow...

Back on topic...if you had 6 months to prepare yourself physically for a chance at gold, why would you not do everything possible?

This is what I don't get about our girls. They looked less fit than other nations at the WC...and it was on home soil, FFS!

I thought there was some discussion during the game that Herdman had them on a regimented fitness program closely monitored etc. Canada is made up of picks like Sinclair, big and tough, and not like Alex Morgan, fit and athletic. I don't think they are out of shape, they are made up like an FVSL team, big bumpers and grinders , not finesse like the VMSL. :rolleyes:
They need to get more Athletic and faster to cause any top teams problems and do away with slow methodical possession style they they aren't currently good at. When they actually play that way. The current team has zero creativity.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, if you had a choice between having Julie Johnstone or Sidney Leroux alone with a bag of coke and a hotel room for 24 hours, it wouldn't even be close. Leroux wins, every time.

Give your self a like . You deserve it!

MC12

Apr 9, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was said during the game that he was giving an opportunity to other players to develop them in big games. He is trying to get a group of girls that are all good enough to play any game so he's not dependant on the "regulars".

No Sesselman, Kyle, or Leon even dressed for the game. Frankly they have enough lumbering ball winners on that team to sit them, get some faster more creative players some time.

Sesselmann, Kyle and Leon didn't even make the roster for this and now the Algarve Cup. The younger players are much better anyway and seem more interested in actually playing soccer than being wannabe models. Their omission is music to my ears (and the ears of MANY others)

MC12

Apr 9, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
TV's comments basically echoed mine.

Not the first time posters here and in other social medias have expressed a lack of fitness issue w/ Canadian players.

I didn't see this game, but in the past, we've seen Canadians come out against their US counterparts looking decidedly less fit. Or, a less popular word would be fat.

Why is that? Some of them look like beer leaguers.

I don't believe that the American birds are some sort of genetically superior being, here. Herdman has to get on top of this. They have 6 months. It will take that long for some of these women to lose 10 lbs and get stronger / faster in the process. Improving on the Bronze from the last Olympics is a tall order, but this would probably be the best shot he has of pulling this off. I hope he recognizes that, gets these women together, limits their beer and pub time, and treats this 6 months with the professionalism all the other Olympic athletes will be.

It's how the Canadians train. The strength training they do is not effective and it is very apparent based on their lack of power/explosiveness, and their appearance. Most look more like ''joggers'' and less like elite athletes. The focus is on their cardio and less on strength/power. This is a huge mistake as the top players are the most explosive ones. If I was their strength coach, their training program would be drastically different from what they are currently doing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts