Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada Vs Panama Friday Sept 7 and Tuesday Sept 11

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Half is over and I get 'that' feeling again that this isn't going to be our night - as I do with many games I watch Canada play away! No imagination going forward and shaky distribution, especially at the back. Canada is playing with a midfield, no? They're not using it.

Reality tells me Canada will never qualify until they have enough depth to replace players like McKenna and such with players of much higher quality as well as subs who are also better. I have to say, I do commend McKenna for always answering the bell. He's just the benchmark we need to be better than. He's not alone.

I know that people get excited with the 3 academies that exist in the country and that it will, hopefully, improve the depth but until we create a jr league that will expand the academy #'s, we will never produce enough to get there. Very few countries qualify with only 3 academies. Not even Germany would qualify out of CONCACAF (if, hypothetically, Germany was in CONCACAF) if they had to rely only on Bayern, Dortmund and Bayer to produce all the players for the national program. Players like Ozil would have been missed.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
David Edgar has been tragic. First goal nowhere near the back stick or in the mob. Just lost in space ball watching. Second goal he's sliding on his ass instead of either making a tackle or cuttin off the passing lane. We have to, need to, have younger better options than Jazic and McKenna.
Not having Occean hurt tonight.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
djones, you of all people should know that with folks such as yourself doing first rate work at the youth level, if we allow our current crop to develop and focus on, i dunno, 2026, there is every possibility of our national team becoming a perennial qualifier....

as for the Canucks and game 7, Chiarelli is too smart for you - after 3 losses whilst at the Bayshore, they stayed at the Fairmont Airport prior to game 7... good luck playing games there!

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
IRT playing out west, IIRC the Team 1040 had an interview with the new head of the CSA (can't remember his name), and he mentioned that the games being played out east are more beneficial for the players who are coming from europe because it's less travel time and they don't cross as many time zones.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man, way different Canada team last night.

Edgar was horrible. Cost them both the goals. Before the second goal was scored, Canada was actually starting to put some pressure on.

Losing De Ro, Ocean and Johnson hurt a lot. Hopefully the injuries to De Ro and Ocean are minor, and they are back to finish.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
djones, you of all people should know that with folks such as yourself doing first rate work at the youth level, if we allow our current crop to develop and focus on, i dunno, 2026, there is every possibility of our national team becoming a perennial qualifier....

Cheers! I think we're all doing more than our fair share and it's those with higher power that get to choose need to do a better job, IMHO. When you think of it, what age would those 2026 player be? born in 2000-02? Feeling really old right now!

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Precisely. I recall a conversation with you a few years ago where you indicated that CMF's 2000 crop was looking outstanding... you were right... ours is apparently excellent as well... this isnt an outlier - the skill in the younger ages is way better because we're finally, FINALLY figuring out that we need to get ALL young players (not just the ones with keener parents) as many touches on the ball as soon as possible.

Im not suggesting Brazil has anything to worry about, just that I think we're starting to get it right in terms of youth development... as you say, the 14-21 window, well, that's another battle isnt it...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mtkb I agree with you that skill is getting better. I do not agree with two main factors. Number one phisical strength is not good enough. On avrage there is four under strength players in each team and game. Even our National side is lacking it. Second, lateral work and movent to support the play is not there. Most guys just go up and down. Flanks do not attack one on one any more. Game is passive and borruing.
We lack outright strikers, most are looking for some one ells to do their work.We must address a sami Prow league here in the west in orther for our kids to come up to next level.
Players must get pay before they cann comit to soccer development. We are spining wheels for last twenty years. You can see it.
Blame must go to head body. You must spend in orther to develop.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
“A great pianist doesn’t run around the piano or do push ups with the tips of his fingers. To be great, he plays the piano. He plays all his life and being a great soccer player is not about running, push ups or physical work generally. The best way to be a great player is to play soccer”

Jose Mourinho

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We must address a sami Prow league here in the west in orther for our kids to come up to next level.
Players must get pay before they cann comit to soccer development.

I agree with this and the "players need to play" argument, touches, etc.

Senior Base: have you ever considered that maybe your I-Phone that you are posting from is set on Polish for Auto Correct?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0