Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada/USA

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would anyone in their right mind want to live in the USA? In the US there is someone killed every minute by some yahoo packing a gun, In Canada it is so safe that you can go out for the day and leave your house unlocked, in the US every second woman is obese, In Canada every guy has a hot wife and a girlfriend, In the US you cant see 30 feet in front of you because of all the pollution that fills the air, In Canada the air is so clean and fresh you could see a mountain 80 miles away, In the US the streets are so dirty and disgusting and full of 10 year olds selling crack, In Canada the streets are so clean you could eat your lunch off the pavement, In the US the tap water is brown and smells like sewer, In Canada the water is so fresh you can drink it right from the taps.

I could go on and on about how much better a place Canada is to live than the USA but what’s the point. Thank God I live In Canada.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
and I'll thank God if he reimburses me the 30 seconds I just wasted reading that. Tremendous stuff sheep. Tell me though what's your favorite color? Oops sorry, colour? I was in McDonalds today and every second woman was a fat twat did I cross the border and not realize? It could explain the slow service... I could go on about how much bored me but what's the point?

PS. Please be sure to forward me your address and the next time you're going out. Cheers.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aaww, now that's not nice. There he went, wearing his heart on his sleave, and you go try and take him down a notch.

Before you know it, people will start using you and Fastshow in the same sentence somewhere in that Ode to Fasty thread.

Not that you're wrong, by the way . . .

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wanted to leave this, let it die on it’s own but I can’t. Your statements are reminiscent of the lame ass “do you have moose in your back yard?”, “is the ocean frozen up there?” comments I sometimes endure from the ignorati I encounter when visiting my friends to the south. When you bash the United States you alienate all Americans, including the ones who might otherwise agree with most of what we have to say.

Let me point out a few things you failed to see. America spends many billions every year on foreign aid. It can always be counted on to send military help when a country and its citizens are threatened by its neighbours or by disruptive elements from within. It trades freely with virtually anyone who wants to sell goods or services to Americans. Still, Yankee-bashing continues unabated.

The Americans are our largest trading partners. They don’t need us. They could easily ignore us and hardly anyone there would notice. Instead, they interact with us, consult with us, trade with us. They even humour us when we, in our typically condescending Canadian fashion, look down our noses at them. Are they really unsophisticated and boorish? Or are they better mannered than we are, on average, at least when it comes to international protocol and diplomacy?

As far as leaving your house unlocked for the day good luck with that, as Canada leads the USA in property crimes, arson, and vehicle theft.

I am a proud Canadian, but I will not accept that our friends to the south are slandered and ridiculed. As Canadians, we have a lot to do right here at home to keep our house in order. I am one Canadian who is proud to consider America our friend.

ps. I don't see the smog and that american, would have me switching sides.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the bedtime story lita, I will sleep so much better now.

Most Americans get pissed off with Canadians who dare display the red maple leaf on their clothing and backpacks while visiting the states. Many think it's a deliberate attempt to say 'I'm not American', which of course baffles them, because everyone wants to be American, right?

I don't think a Canadian would ever be stupid enough to bitch and whine about Americans wearing 'I Love New York' Tshirts in Canada. We see it all the time. We see their flag everywhere.

Canada should stop sucking up to the Americans since its obvious that they don't like us unless we blindly follow them in all their actions.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is the transcript of the ACTUAL radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995.
Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95.

Canadians:
Please divert your course 15 degrees the South to avoid a collision.

Americans:
Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians:
Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans:
This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans:
THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, I SAY AGAIN, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH, OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians:
This is a lighthouse. Your call.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, Lita, your friends might be nice people, but on the whole the Americans are arrogant pricks. They know nothing and want to know nothing about our country. As for your aid to foreign countries fair enough. As for defending the rights blah, blah, blah.......you're going to have to GTF on that one. They are fcuking war mongers who really don't know when to stop......They've had a lot of success in the past/present.....Korea, Vietnam, Gulf I, OBL, and of course, Iraq. BTW, Lita, have I told you that I'm very impressed with your knowledge of football and your pre/post game analysis? :)

I'll get me coat.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Captain and the word Arrogant in the same sentence :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sheep,

Maybe you should leave the ignorant comments alone, this might be a bit of a stretch for you but give it a try. I am no appoligist for some of the American policies (soft wood lumber, cement imports) but I do have the opportunity to support my family by selling to the americans. I have been traveling to SW USA for 18 months and have met some of the nicest people on the planet along with some of the most beautiful women to grace this fine land.

We should try to support our friends to the south and start turning our attentions to some of the seperatist bastards that live in our own country!!!

Lean

F

fullvolley

Lita and Lean, you're right on the mark!

Sounds like Sheep and Shamrock have pretty much fallen into the usual Canadian propoganda against the US. I've spent time in various cities up and down the west coast from Van to San Fran...and on the east coast from New York to Connecticut. As for crime, I felt safer in Times Square at midnight than Whalley at noon and safer in the "bad part" of San Francisco than any walk I've ever endured in East Vancouver. We go on and on about the mountains and ocean here...ever been up the Oregon/Cali coast or the eastern seaboard of Rhode Island or Mass?? Sights to rival anything we can hail as the best. While Michael Moore films tend to skew the 2% of idiotic Americans into the majority, we've got to look past it. Give me a camera and I can produce a documentary in many a small Canadian town showing ignorant and uneducated folk. Sure, Moore does it in Columbine and 911 with politicians as well, but wait...weren't we the ones that blessed each other with such gems as Mulroney, Clark, and Harcourt?? Ever see Chretien speak with truly big time politicians at a G-7 summit? Absolutely painful....made us look as small time as we appear with some of the other comments on here. I have met some amazing Americans. Yes, the majority have larger egos than necessary, but what is wrong with wanting to be the best and proud of it? Don't we all do that every Sunday when we throw on the jersey? Or (hopefully) do when we head off to work to earn our living. But because big brother is the one doing it, many small fries in their political and financial shadows cry foul and rally against the big machine that is eating up the world! :) When we send 300 troops and a couple thousand dollars worth of grain to calm the peace somewhere in a land we will never travel to, the US sends 3,000 troops and millions of dollars worth of medical aid and food. When we turn on the TV and watch Seinfeld or Friends, are we watching or supporting Canadian TV or our own performers? Many love to live like the US and enjoy it's wealth and offerings, but hate to admit it as we would then appear as unpatriotic Canadians. Oh yeah, and of course there are obese Americans. But walk through any large US city and you'll see just as many fine looking cougars as overweight women. Just like a typical large city...even Vancouver. Ever walk through Metrotown or Guildford malls? Single moms with strollers, overweight couples, young punks hanging out, and good looking wealthy shoppers....very similar to any mall in any community here or down south. Yes there are sh*t-box small towns there, but every country has them....and every country can also produce as many great places to live or visit.

Anyways...off my soapbox now...gotta go watch CNN to see which small country the US is taking over today....maybe Canada? No, wait, they already did that 40 years ago!

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fullvolley said:
When we send 300 troops and a couple thousand dollars worth of grain to calm the peace somewhere in a land we will never travel to, the US sends 3,000 troops and millions of dollars worth of medical aid and food.

When you take a break from reading the non-partisan USA Today, give us an update on their philanthropic ventures into Haiti, Rwanda and the Sub-Sahara. Fcukin' saints, so they are.

Buckfast

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Captain and the word Arrogant in the same sentence

What the fcuk are you on about? :mad:

Yes, you're right Fullvolley, I've been hit by that nasty Canadian propoganda machine. My fault.

It's a good thing we live in a country where we are allowed to express our opinions. Sorry, if it doesn't fall in with the same belief as you and Lean. I'll see if I can change.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fullvolley,
have you lived in these towns you talk of or just spent holiday time there?
Give me a fcuking break about being safe in any of those areas. I work in the HEART of Whalley and feel safe at all times, and I have lived in LA for 4 years...............shot at twice ................real safe. Yes crime is everywhere no matter what country, but I would rather live in Canada in regards to "the crime" one might encounter on any given day.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild said:
I work in the HEART of Whalley and feel safe at all times, and I have lived in LA for 4 years...............shot at twice ................real safe.

Ya but in Whalley your Car doesn't stand a chance, at least if ya have a Gun, ya all can shoot at the bastard that is trying to steel it.

Shot 9 Times
50Cents

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Piss take from your fine Hun Brother!!!

Lean

PS. I am as proud a Canadian as you will meet but I just don't think people should be painting an entire country with the same brush when we share much of the same problems.

F

fullvolley

Lived for a time on the east coast...stand by my assertion that unless you are driving through Harlem or Watts at midnight, you shouldn't be any more afraid than walking through Whalley! I worked in DOWNTOWN Whalley for over 3 years recently...saw enough crackheads, police cars, fights by the skytrain, shoplifters running from the mall, and my car messed up a few times.....also had numerous junkies turn from begging to threatening me....and know of a few co-workers that were "jumped" for simple belongings like hats and jackets....so I wouldn't exactly be proud of the area nor trumpet our communities as above anyone else.

But OK...you convinced me Stepchild....I am going back to Whalley...gonna buy a small house by the skytrain and invite some BC Lions over for dinner if I can pry them from the other houses they keep visiting!!

FV now calls White Rock home and only has to deal with tourists and the odd OB drunk!!! :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild: don't be trying to pull the wool over our eyes...you were shot at because your customer's received their Chiropractic bill, and came looking for justice. You HV, well, I believe those skids were just envious of your boyish good looks. I say both you cnuts deserve what you get.

I'm more middle ground, I guess. Spend a lot of time down there, and am always happy to come home. Yes, that includes the Laguna Beach or Old Saybrook areas of the US. Beautiful, yes, but I guess I'm just a South West BC Coast /Interior addict.

Yes, they're fat. While they're the most obese nation on the planet, Canada falls a close 2nd. Agree the "right to bear arms" is among the more idiotic public policies around. Yes, they can be boorish and arrogant.

That said, Sheep, you have to give your head a bit of a shake. Canada isn't Shangri-La. We have our problems, too. Both Nations have their positives and negatives. Some of my best colleagues and friends hail from down South, and I'd be more than proud to introduce them to many of my Canadian friends. That said, I'd be ashamed to introduce them to anyone that has such a skewed view on Americans as you are trying to sell us (I say that because I believe you wrote everything tongue in cheek, just to get a rise). As Canadians, we should hold our heads a bit higher, while taking the high road on the neighbor bashing.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's be quite honest, and not so politically fukcing correct. The Yanks are arrogant self centred, ignorant cnuts!! I spend a lot of time down there for business and always count the minutes left until I can come back to Canada. There is a reason why the world likes Canadians and hates Americans. (See above description of the latter)

As for the assertion that they are ready, willing, and able to defend freedom around he world, I laugh!!! It's almost as funny as weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Not ha ha funny, but funny in a Dubbya kind of funny!!! Show me where those cnuts have gone in and created a better place to live for the people they were "liberating" There are probably a few Vietnamese villages that would beg to differ. How about Grenada? Bosnia? Kosovo? Panama? FUKC OFF!! They are war hungry flag waving bandits. Even their educated are ignorant. I'm not here endorsing Michael Moore (That Left wing commie :D ) but the guy makes a lot of good points!!!

GO CANADA GO!!!!!!!

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
fullvolley said:
But OK...you convinced me Stepchild....I am going back to Whalley...gonna buy a small house by the skytrain and invite some BC Lions over for dinner if I can pry them from the other houses they keep visiting!!

FV now calls White Rock home and only has to deal with tourists and the odd OB drunk!!! :)

My job is done,
LONG LIVE WHALLEY! :D

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It’s almost embarrassing to travel as an American in the world these days. When allot of Americans go over seas they put Canadian flags on their back packs. I wonder why?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts