Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada Summer Games

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should the BCSA call for Morelli's head?

In what has to be one of the worst performances by a BC team at a Canadian National Championship in some time, the BC U-20 Men's team finished a pitiful 8th out of 12th teams in the soccer competition. After starting the tournament with two consecutive wins, the bottom fell out with a string of three straight losses, including 2 to powerful footballing provinces Saskatchewan and Newfoundland. A testament to the coaching (or lackthereof) of BC boss "Chef" Carmine Morelli, or perhaps just a strange tournament altogether? Check out the final standings:

Gold - Alberta
Silver - Newfoundland
Bronze - Nova Scotia
4th - PEI
5th - Ontario
6th - Saskatchewan
7th - Quebec
8th - B.C.
9th - Manitoba
10th - New Brunswick
11th - Yukon
12th - NW Territories

It should be noted that the team only managed 4 goals in 5 games - only NWT (0 goals in 5 games) had a more anemic offense.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sad Times for B.C.

This could be one of the worst showings for a B.C. team, since Metro Ford went to Nationals and came in 7th.

Even worse none of the boys from B.C. were on the piss or chasing ladies around.
What the excuse then?
There heads got to big after beating Ontario in the opening game, so they shite the bed against New Found Land.

The coach has to be looked at for the lack of preperation possibly.
Was it in the B.C's favor to play all summer in the PCSL, getting spanked then go back east.

When you represent B.C. soccer, you have to do better than 8th.
:confused:

MRS. Piggy where are You?

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair, I should also mention that Garry Ayre was also a coach of this team. I also obtained some information (might be tainted) that could shed some light on the lack of BC offense - apparently the team lined up in a 3-6-1 for the majority of the tournament. And, like HOS alluded to, once they beat Ontario they figured the tournament was their's. They just forgot to tell Newfoundland and Saskatchewan that.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coaching

Leave it to Carmine to force a 3-6-1 formation on a bunch of kids. I think, yes, there needs to be a change. Anybody who has been coached by Carmine knows he's strong tactically, but doesn't exactly inspire. In other words, he doesn't command respect like a stronger persoanality would. He's also very narrow minded in his player selections...and I won't go much furthur than that.

I've never been coached by Garry Ayre, so I can't comment there.

I think anytime a BC team finishes that porely, the dismissal should be automatic. BC should at least make the semi-final EVERY time. What I'd like to know: what the hell are they doing in Alberta?

DWMC

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alberta is Good

Alberta has a lot of indoor soccer complexes for the winter months....and guess what....it was paid for by the Alberta Soccer Association, not the gov't.

It makes you wonder, what happens to all the money BCSA collects from record number of players? The BC coach and the entire BCSA executive should go.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts