Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada ranked 120th...We are a soccer country ...we are just really bad at it

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As much as we all want Canada to be a successful soccer nation, are we really a "soccer country". Yes the women have had success but we're a hockey country. Our schools, leagues, training everything is focused on hockey. We have soccer programs but no where near what hockey has. The US is football country. One of the highest paying jobs in the US, is a university football coach. I'd love to see us get there, but soccer in this country will never surpass hockey.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
As much as we all want Canada to be a successful soccer nation, are we really a "soccer country". Yes the women have had success but we're a hockey country. Our schools, leagues, training everything is focused on hockey. We have soccer programs but no where near what hockey has. The US is football country. One of the highest paying jobs in the US, is a university football coach. I'd love to see us get there, but soccer in this country will never surpass hockey.
It is not a matter of surpassing hockey. For example, lets look at the situation of Canadian or Georgian or Argentinean rugby. All these nations do not have a the same fan base like hockey in Canada (relative), yet all these three countries have respectable rugby teams by world standards.

I am gland that you are replying because these are all myths and excuses for the lack of good performance of the Canadian soccer.

If Canadian soccer would be managed by competent people and coaches would know what they are doing (i.e. like rugby or trampoline) we would be in a better situation.

Just see the decision of playing the Bahamas. No serious nation or coach with common sense would take a national team to play a country ranked 186h in the world. Even Coquitlam Metro Ford can play better than those guys. A ranking of 186 is as low as it can get.

Awful decision making that does not help the team, players, or the coach to become more competitive other than having a nice vacation. Mexico is supposed to play Iceland on a friendly, and the press and fans are harshly criticizing the coach and staff for the decision.

All these excuses that we do not have the population or the culture are just distractions from the real issues. Several nations on FIFA have smaller populations than Surrey or Langley and they have rankings better than Canada (Curacao, Cape Verde, etc). If people in Surrey or Langley would know what they are doing they would be developing good players, but they do not know how to do it. This is the reality.

Things can be done better and should be done better. The leadership should be held accountable.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah we should spend less on poor ignorant immigrant fuks an more on our sports programs. Where do i sign up?

Make canada great again

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
See the pattern. Look at the stats same time we were signifigant in soccer we were minnows on the un peace keeper contributions and re establishing our true identity with all other nations. I mean come on man.
At present based on inflation and todays market we have simply ignored fifa in order to be one of the top 5 nations to reside in the world. I will take 120th in the world if it is acommpanied by peace of mind so i can drive to the corner store and get my kids a gallon of milk over 30 something ranks and a fcuking civil war that has me constantly peeking over my shoulder eveey time a leaf falls off a tree or a dog takes a piss.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it is sad when people have been so throughly brainwashed that they embrace false myths and bigotry without given it thought for a moment,

but it is never too late.
Lets start with the first one:
"....Look at the stats same time we were signifigant in soccer...."

I am sorry to break it to you guys. The world has never considered Canada significant in soccer.

"....we have simply ignored fifa in order to be one of the top 5 nations to reside in the world..."

Oh dear, I guessed someone is forgetting his walks on East Hastings or First Nation reserves. Or perhaps has never heard of Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Quatar. Yes, Canada was a top for a while, but thanks to Harper it lost it.

" I will take 120th in the world if it is acommpanied by peace of mind so i can drive to the corner store and get my kids a gallon of milk "

Both are not mutually exclusive. People have been completely duped into accept the bad rankings as a necessary trade off for a better life. Like when the westside moms try to console their kids when losing to Surrey kids by saying at least you do not live in that part of town. What do you prefer, win a game and live in a place like Surrey or Langley?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada is NOT a respectable rugby team by world standards. So few teams playing the sport internationally compared to soccer (same goes for trampoline ya weirdo). We used to be when rugby was strictly an amateur sports (ranked around #8-10 in the world). Once pro leagues formed the great divide happened. This is when Argentina became strong.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada is NOT a respectable rugby team by world standards. So few teams playing the sport internationally compared to soccer (same goes for trampoline ya weirdo). We used to be when rugby was strictly an amateur sports (ranked around #8-10 in the world). Once pro leagues formed the great divide happened. This is when Argentina became strong.
Point of fact. Canada is ranked in the 18th percentile when it comes to rugby. Canada is ranked around 60th percentile when it comes to soccer. There are nations with amateur teams who do well.
People who are managing or leading trampoline, rugby, swimming, and many other sports in Canada, know what they are doing. When it comes to soccer, not so much. The sooner that you can accept it; the better for everyone. Only when acceptance comes, then we will be able to move forward.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0