Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada MNT: Road to 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I truly wanted to host the away teams with rooms and all. just makes it bush to me. I know lots of teams don't even have rooms. I get it. And in the end it will work out fine. Just wanting to high light more the over all mentality here in Canada and how BC cup games are not even on the communities radar.
(Mrs.Parks manager on the other side of the e-mail gives two shits in her cozy delta parks job I'm sure)
Fields booked, rooms are booked, reply, next e-mail.

Any common sense when managing local parks etc? or is everyone robots in these city jobs? (check in, check out)

Any way you can get in touch w/ the league, maybe the umps, explain the situation, and ask if the umps can share just one room w/ you for the day? Tell them you'll make it up to them, sponsor the league for something like a night out at a restaurant. You have connections. Just reach out, likely at the human level they will be willing to work with you, but at the administrative level, you are at a dead end.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shite. There is another thread I could have posted this on. Sorry Regs. Didn't see it. Move it if you wish.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, yes I hear yah. That is my next step. I'm in sales for a reason. ;)

Just wanted to bring up how deep it runs. How many things would have to truly change to change how Canadians conceptualize the game. ;) right soccer coach?

It's deeper then our boys. Provincial soccer games pushed aside for girls softball tourneys. (both are important) Just on a community level and board level nobody truly cares. No heart beat for it. So how do we expect our boys to care if nobody is behind them ever?

Where does their passion start from? To keep them going and pushing in a sport they love?
Right now "it's just adult soccer" to these people in our communities.
So how do we have our players not end up with that mentality? When that is all you hear and get the energy of from all levels of folk.

Like ball baby's post, they lost that drive and competitiveness at the older ages. But how do you blame people. When you know nobody cares and nobodies watching, it's hard to keep going everyday like that.

Imagine if playing for the local u21 team was put on a pedestal. The the local fields are lined up to watch these matches. The community and people get behind the games and promote them as a cheap day for your family. You are telling me that local 10 year old that goes and watches that game doesn't want to be there in front of 500 people and feeling like a local celebrity when he is older?

But right now. Nobody cares. Nobody is watching. So why should that 10 year old?
Why should the 19 year old local college player?

But right now it's the complete opposite. It's sad. And the road is so steep. It looks unfixable as a whole.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you should line all 10 of us in the same aisle, we can go shirtless and paint GO CANADA GO on our bellies. It will be epic. @Ballbaby and I will lead the chant.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
to @LION point I think its more along the line of youth activities taking precedence vs the adult kinda thing... its rampant at the parks, clubs and even dare I say, a governing body. If that were a HPL game/event it would have been pre-booked and softball would be in the parking lot where they belong."We're" always sent to the back of the bus with no helmet. The squeaky wheel gets greased.

@Dude You would have better success getting the weed whacker out and carving a G into @Ballbaby vs paint it on.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NY Times article on Leicester's season
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/01/sports/soccer/how-leicester-city-went-right-side-up.html

A Shutout Pays Off, in Pizza
Oct. 24, 2015 The Foxes have enjoyed a strong start to the season (only one loss through the first nine games) but have shown inconsistent defense. Looking to motivate his players, Ranieri promises that if they can hold an opponent scoreless, he will buy them all pizza. When Leicester at last produces its first shutout in its 10th game — a 1-0 win over Crystal Palace —Ranieri makes good. To the players’ glee, he extends the proposition to cover all future shutouts as well.

Imagine how many points Leicester would have, had he offered ice cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0