Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Calgary Foothills U23 PDL Run

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your point being, the fitness testing levels are pretty high. :D No matter what, those levels are very high standards to meet, and I think it`s a good thing to put that on all players as a preseason barometer.

I was pretty good, but not great at distance running back then. As a 16 year old about 2nd best on my soccer team, there was always someone better. And I worked a fair bit at it. But even you, as a swimmer, were pretty close to that level.

The 16-18 year range for young men is a magical period in life where overabundance of testosterone take over your body. Oh, to be skinny and strong again! :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and now, even fit, the 6 minute mile is a dream away...I can confidently predict it won`t happen again in my lifetime.

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, I probably can do one lap on the track at that pace.
2? Maybe if Gisele is there at the finish line waiting for me.
3? I can see the possibility if Tom Brady and the rest of the Patriots are chasing me to kick my ass.
4 no way.:D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don`t think we give ourselves enough credit as to what we could and couldn`t do at 18. I know for sure a lot of us could run a mile at a 6` pace. I definitely could (sub 18 min 5 KM runner, 16:24 best time). Most guys playing at the Metro level (top level then) should have been able to do that. I wasn`t even the best runner.

The difference was, most guys simply didn`t know their fitness levels back then, and we didn`t have the measurables to deal with.

I notice Rangerforever liked this post. I am posting here to verify that he was indeed fit when he was 18 yrs old and could run a mile at 6:00 minutes or better.

But that was a long time ago.....

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just guessing that he liked the part about not knowing your fitness levels back then.
But since I wasn't born when he was 18 it is just a guess based on playing against him in his senior years and his ttp personality.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheeky bitches - Just saw this. :D

I was just telling my kids on the weekend watching the 1500M races that I routinely did the LA Matheson PE Mile in less than six minutes and beat everyone's asses every class.
I just wish I was able to get a crack at the Grade 10 classes was all to show them who was Boss.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheeky bitches - Just saw this. :D

I was just telling my kids on the weekend watching the 1500M races that I routinely did the LA Matheson PE Mile in less than six minutes and beat everyone's asses every class.
I just wish I was able to get a crack at the Grade 10 classes was all to show them who was Boss.

I remember those for sure. It was always a race and as fast as you could go. I remember Chris Armstrong (Budgie) being the guy to beat in my grade. I was usually top 3 but couldn't beat the Budgie.

We should go do it again for old time sakes. Neighbourhood has changed a bit. But I bet a few loose pit bulls could speed up our times.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought I'd let you all know that the Calgary Foothills U23 PDL team just beat Reading United (Pennsylvania) in the USLPDL championship finals tonight 4-2 in extra time. Go Canada go!

It's the second time in 3 years that Calgary has gone to the finals and it's the 4 Canadian team to win it in 10 years. The others 3 being K-W United FC (2015), Forest City London (2012), Thunder Bay Chill (2008).

It was bittersweet for us as the boy was recalled by his SFU team just before the playoffs started to go to Norway but blew out his knee in the second to last game of the season with Foothills. He missed the championships as well as the Norway trip. C'est la vie. This game can be cruel sometimes.

Another BC boy also won as Surrey United/Langley United product Joel Waterman played tonight and had a fantastic season. Congrats to him, his family as well as @Ballbaby and staff for the hard work put in to help develop him.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Calgary! They've definitely set things up nicely to launch into the Canadian Premier League next year. Sorry to hear about your son's injury @djones, I wish him well with the recovery.

There's another SFU player that was on the Calgary squad this year, Mamadi Camara (last year he was with TSS), but I guess he missed the final to go on the Norway trip.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Calgary! They've definitely set things up nicely to launch into the Canadian Premier League next year. Sorry to hear about your son's injury @djones, I wish him well with the recovery.

There's another SFU player that was on the Calgary squad this year, Mamadi Camara (last year he was with TSS), but I guess he missed the final to go on the Norway trip.

Thanks!

You’re right! Mamadi is on the team too and he did miss it for the trip to Norway. He’s a Quebec boy so I didn’t include him as a boy developed entirely here. There is one other boy going to school up north who is also on the team but he’s from Calgary.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts