Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Burnaby Men's League - Summer 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Standings

We could probably get them, but Luc would have trouble reading them, if his understanding of the Sapperton 2 to 0 win over his Poco United side last Friday is any indication.

The problem is bad again this year as it has been in some years. The game line 515-6065 still has only the scores from Week 2 as the winning teams are not phoning in the scores!!!!! That is hardly a big task.

We should get the refs to phone in the scores as waiting is too great.

Sapperton is 4 (W) and 1 (L) with a loss to Bohemians and a game this Wednesday coming up.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knights - 4 wins - 1 tie - 1 loss
reccos, what the shite are u talking about, " my poco side" sapperton beat poco 2-0, good for you, who cares.
The only team anyone cares about is GEu black knights. last game saw the knights with 120 fans on the sidelines, bbq going on, volleyball, honeys in thongs jumpin up and down, mini bar, full kegs, loud tunes..........it was a decent turnout.....
Hopefully we see Knights - vs - sapperton final.

T

tony montana

who's counting?

I'm not sure what the standings are at this point but I know one thing for sure, they will be quite different at the end of the summer.There has been a few upsets {im my opinion} to this point, and thats do to the lack of players certain teams have had to deal with.I think the bohemians will play the devils in the final...

N

nsr4ever

Recoss, ya still whining? Ya lost . or will lose.

can't help it if you are a prick!!!! BASHER!!!!!!

Eddie The Machete

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights And Sapperton in the final? Give your head a shake man. You'll have to do a lot better than what you did last night, brother. 5-0 to a Soccercity team that pissed on you guys for 90 minutes.:bronco: as for the honeys jumping around in thongs, Sean Sneddon taking off his shirt after reffing doesn't count.

lp79

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 3 S.A 3

Probably the most entertaining game to have played in yet this summer South Africa came back from their previous 9-0 loss to sap, Scoring a 3-3 tie. (The S.A team was much improved from our last meeting and showed they are definetely one of the better squads in the league...)
Setting up what should be a most interesting 3rd game between the new born rivalry.
South Africa scored early off a Sneddon goal.
Sap responded when Pump it up fired home the equaliser.
It wasn`t long before Sap was able to regain the lead off good work from outside mids.
South Africa did come back to get the equalizer which made for an excellent final 30 minutes.
With about 20 to go S.A was able to fire in the go ahead goal and gain some momentum...However it was the might heart of Sap that was able to dig out a goal to square it up and save the one point.
Good game to play in...with lots of little battles look forward to the 3rd game.

Lucy...What are you post game comments from the 5-0 trashing Soccer city put on you guys....I guess the massive crowd that showed up must have gone home pretty dissapointed...I can still hear the sighs throughout the ridge..
"Sounds like a Reality check that the knights will never make the final....

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
lilpenis79,
the soccercity boys were kept in the game by their amazing goalie, last count was 23 stellar saves. M Telford slotting a hatrick was a little demoralizing.
They are a better team , but we will take them out when it counts.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp vs Sidd

Entertaining game last night as their were no less than 2 fights and 3 reds. End result was 3-3 draw.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 1 - 1 Northside

TheRob made a special appearence in the BSL last night at Gates Park playing for Poco vs. Northside Rangers. Slow game due to the heat I would think. Rangers had the most chances but shite the bed on every one. The tie was Poco's first point in the BSL. I think it was because of me. I patrolled the midfield with something. Whatever.

I can't believe the shite Joe takes in the summer. I can't believe he still comes out every night. If I were him and some plumber;)says he'll take a card for telling Joe off because he disagreed with a call(in Summer league)I would have showed him a red one. Joes too nice though.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bushnaby League

TR: So you manage make games in this useless fcuking league eh?
Well done, I suppose it's more your level.
You and Lucy running the show in the middle reminds me of well, a couple of GEU boys playing centre mid.
Boooooooooring
TR: Honestly, where are you more challenged?
In the Co-ed league or the Bushnaby league?

The real league's on the other side of the river lads but have a nice summer off though.

Pump it up with an equalizer?
Fcuk, will wonders never cease.

PS - There's only one Rangers.
PPS - Easy on Snedds - I think his physique looks fine to me.
PPPS - I'm on a Hooded Owl cnut hunt too.

Kind regards,

RF

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sids army

rf ??howdy

reeccooss snapperton grovers battled to a 3 3 tie with sids animals

fcuking cnuts cant wait till game 3:D :wa: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :bronco:

siddumbs

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sid: Ma Celtic brotha. :D
Buh-bye David Beckham. :p

I hear through the grapevine you're up to yer old shananigans.
Little fiesty in the last match? ;)

Bad Sidney....

:cool:

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp at Burnaby Lake tonight

Anyone interested in watching a game tonight for Burnaby Summer league it STARTS at 9PM. Way past my bedtime.:confused:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
9 PM Kick Off Tonight

Bertrum:

So that is why you aren't answering my pm's and phone calls about the Sapp - Poco Rangers game tonight.

Called twice last night - someone answered and did a slam down on me; the second time it went to an answering machine.

Shoc-king as they say in Richmond!

Standings at May 30 after 6 games:

East Division:

Sapperton 15
Bohemians 12
South Afric. 12
Poco Rangrs 6
Tricity Strikrs 3

West Division (after 5 GP):

Soccer City 15
GEU Knights 12 (6GP)
Red Devils 6
Razorbacks 3
Poco Fury 1

oor wullie

Jul 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ma fizzeek

Nae bother tae youse at awe!!

Ma fizzeek willnae be shown in tha near future...

It is noo upon the eyes of awe Californians... I now live in Sacramento!!

Ciaoder,

OOR WULLIE

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oor Willie

Oor Willie now living in Sacramento!!! What... as an illegal immigrant?

:p

BTW, what the f...k did your post just say?

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 5 - Poco Rangers 1

In the second leg of the three game series with each team in the division, Sap put in 5 to the Rangers 1. Last game was 3 - 1 for Sapperton.

In the strangest set up I have ever seen, we won't play any team in the other division until playoffs. This has got to be changed next season.

In what would have made Willy Azzi crap himself, both teams made line changes with unlimited subbing and full benches.

lp79

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Format SUCKS...

Couldn`t agree with you More Reccos this freaking Format of playing each team 3 times (when their is like 4 or 5) is the worst thing I have seen in arranging a schedule..
Who really wants to play the same teams within 2 weeks of each other.
they should have made just one side and had everyone one play each other once followed by playoffs.
This is getting boring and is putting a damper on the summer soccer season which is usually a blast...

bigbag

Oct 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Summer League Standings

Standings as of Tuesday June 17, 2003

TEAM****** P W L T F+ A- PTS.
Soccer City** 8 7 1 0 28 *9 * 21
Red Devils*** 9 5 4 0 18 17 **15
Knights***** 8 4 3 1 13 15 **13
Poco Fury*** 9 2 6 1 *8 22 ** 7
Razorbacks** 8 2 6 0 14 18 ***6