Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Burnaby Canadians Labour Day Tournament

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: HoS

Dap:

He did not lend him those glasses.
At least not against the Firemen anyway.
HoS could have used them for sure when he made the back line pass to our right full back when Marty Ethridge was standing directly between the two.
Marty's not all that big of guy, he's only 6'5" I think, so I understand the error.
Man those glasses would have come in handy.

Well done to Firemen on the weekend, top notch stuff.

And Peg too of course - Well done.

RF

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I blame the Long Grass at Burnaby Lake, even Studs was complaining about it, and he can hump a ball. The Fireman did play well on the day, but we did take it to them in the last 25 of the game and could only come away with 1 PK goal.

Looking forward to getting on the turf, so I can do those touch line to touch line switches, its all about the Blue Boots.

Nice garbage can knvb, you must have lots on file and ready to go, I will see what I can do to keep them in storage.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Google search: Khalsa Keeper or HoS. There must be 40 or 50 pages of em. I imagine one for every goal that goes in per year?! Kinda like a notch on the ol' head board I guess.

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
saw mostly of the games, AFC will be in troubles, as they fight as they do at home. Sapperton looks almost the same. Bby. Italia they are like a new broom. Croatia well what can i say. Pegasus look really good in the final and deserved the W (and prize) they overplay Bby. Italia 100%. Sorry Hos I did not see your assistance on your opponent's goal. But comments at the beer garden said that kind of play is what the National Soccer team need at this time to get going. Frank Yallop was contacted so he can negotiate your transfer to the Costa Rica national team.

Your truly

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tournament overall wasn't bad, however I must add losing four guys in the morning game to injuries on Sunday didn't help our chances of winning. A good overall warm-up to the season thank god I got a run in before this weekend, because we all know I need especially my team-mates. It was good to see many others in early pre-season form just like myself :D .

I have some questions to the organizers of the tourney, where you trying to save money by not getting the pitches cut or did you think it would be to your advantage to play in those cow pastures? Did the hot water tank break the day before the tourney started because hell it was fun showering in the cold water :rolleyes: ?

Maybe John can answer the above question?

Cheers
JB

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J_B said:
I have some questions to the organizers of the tourney, where you trying to save money by not getting the pitches cut or did you think it would be to your advantage to play in those cow pastures? Did the hot water tank break the day before the tourney started because hell it was fun showering in the cold water :rolleyes: ?

It is not the CapItals that cut the grass or heat the water, it is the city. From what I have heard, the pitches would normaly be cut on a Friday before a tourney weekend. Now the Rugby boys that play on the two fields close to the beer garden ask for the field to be left long, who knows why. I think all the grass was left long by the city, so that the fields would not get all torn up from 3 days of games. They still did get abused, but thats what happens. As for the hot showers, the tanks have been turned off to save money for more wages for the hard working city workers.

Great footage of the goal, but that looks more like Larsson after he took his shirt off during the Sapperton game ;)

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Burnaby is trying to get some money refunded to them for the grass not being cut, nor the hot water being on for the tourney.
I wonder if they are going to refund some of that to the teams which entered the tourney and had to play on those horrible conditions :rolleyes: . Hmmmmmmm......I bet this never even entered their heads.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0