Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Burnaby Canadians Labour Day Tournament

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach,

"Mon 3:30 pm Fireman Rangers vs Lynn Valley Peg."

Lynn Valley PEG :eek: What the Fcuk??? Although we were considering calling ourselves North Shore West Van Deep Cove West Side Lomas Peg Olys this year, (we figured calling ourselves multiple names would make us more like some of the teams in "The Only Masters League That Matters" :rolleyes: out in the Valley)...but we decided to just go with Pegasus again, call us crazy... Lynn Valley has nothing to do with Peg, although the Black Bear is a nice pub, and it rains a lot there anyway. I am afraid the only Peg players over 35 you will see out there this weekend will be in the open div or in the beer garden, or both. :wa:

"Lynn Valley Peg"...isn't that like copyright infringement or something??? :p

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 4 or 5 - Polska 1
Croats 3-2 Inter
Burnaby 2-1 ?
Trollups 4-2 ?

That's all I know so far... back to the pitch for a 3:00 kickoff...

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some news from this years tourney.

The tunes are average to crap at best, but thats what happens when you play Eggy's tapes over and over from year to year.
The beer is foamy and warm, but it goes down nice after a match.

The Ranger Fireman were on fire this morning with a 4 - nil win over Lobans, with Wilkie having two cracker finishes, I think Richie scored one, and then Studs with the other. Coach hit the bar on a checky little chip, but could not find the back of the net. HOS with the clean slat for his first O-35 action. The big match in on Sunday morning at 10:30 vs. the Vancounver Fireman, who by the way are huge, "Keeper" , "Away", will be the shout by hos.

Did see a little of the Inter vs. Croats match beside us, and it was heated, the do not like each other, lots of Cards (Bronco with a Red) lots of PK's (Inter got 3) scored on 2 and had one saved, and lots of bad tackles. The biggest thing I noticed was the MOAN Factor, increadable the amount of moans from this match, I thought it was Besty over playing for Peg, but no, it was the Wops and Croats.

Day 2 should be a cracker with lots of beer garden action, by the way, Indo had no keeper, Larsson scored vs. Sap. then took off his shirt (you need a Bro, bro), all in all lots of fun.

hos

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We shite the bed HOS and the beer garden did not take the the sting away.
Sundowners hung around all game and scored in the 86 th minute to seal the deal.(Well done boys considering what you had on the day!)
We will be Okay with a big win over the Van Fireman in the morning, but I know this game is going to be a war!
Cj was great today and will have to be big in the morning, that being said it is good to be playing the good old game once again.
Fireman Rangers is dead!! It is now called Rangers F C.
If the Van Fireman are sore about the merger between these two teams, well then the Van Fireman can shove it up their ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shuey , Baily, Wilkie ,Gary Donald ,McKinty ,Wornock,and Andy Myer are still on board baby!!!!!!!!!
Get over it, the glory days are gone and people have moved on in life.
Great to see Regs, Joe Bill, Milller, Demo, and countless others in the beer garden.
Tommorow will be a great day boys and girls.

Coach Kenno who is very humble right now!

CoolGuy

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct, Polska MVP keeper Sold Out to Sporting.
Polska missing 4-5 regulars.
Bottom feeders of the open division

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should have been more specific. Does anyone have all the scores from todays games?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not all but here's what I know...

Peg 3 - 1 Croats
Inter 5 - 1 Polska

I think Burnaby beat Delta 2 - 1 as well.

Othe rscores I knew about have already been posted.

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So there are two Semi's this morning at 10:30, but who is playing who, not even sure what teams made it. Did see a little of the Peg/Inter game yesterday, some great saves by both Kindell and one by London off a VanShagen free kick that was headed for the top corner.

In O-35 action, it was a very entertaining Ranger vs. Fireman game, but the Rangers came up on the wrong end of a 2-1 score, mainly because the keeper tried to switch a ball across the park and it was intercepted for a break-away, great stuff keeper.
Regs give us an update on the games, will ya.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know who we are playing this morning.

I'll be back before the 3:00 games so I'll give an update then.

Cheers,

~Regs.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 2 - 1 Sporting in PK's. Nice goal by Adam to tie it up. Both goalies made some quality saves. No idea who won the Bby v. Croatia game, but it is off to the final for Pegs. Hopefully they do not take on that tough Killarney U14 Squad :eek: :eek:
Jags

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Burnaby to beat AFC in one Semi, and Pegasus over Sporting in the other.

Burnaby will edge out Pegasus in PK's to take the Title.

Hate to quote that hos guy, but he is spot on for the final (too bad regs didn't do up any bookie action), if it goes to PK's I may have to rip down to the PNE and get my Prize Home ticket.

How did the O-35's get on, I am thinking that the Fireman are the best of the tourney, well at least the biggest.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 3 - 0 Capitals

Nice $1000 towards PEI that we'll take.

Nothing exciting really in the final other than Notty deciding that it was such a huge game that he needed to play with a broken neck... fcuking donkey :D

Bring on AFC, we're feeling good about ourselves! :D

~Regs.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Standard fare on the park today as once again us OLD Fireman took home the....hundred bucks???Was the pain worth it???Of course it was!Good hard fought match with "Dutchie" keeping the PA/Sundowners in the game until yours truly put them out of their misery.Beers were shared in the gardens with the lads,drank the winnings and went home with our entry fee???Why did we play again??As for Sunday's game against the Ranger/Firemen...check the score...and I suspect you'll just be calling yourselves the Rangers also if your goalie intends to play the same way through the season...your going to lose games you shouldn't.Forwards love a cheeky goalie.Enough said..cheers to a good weekend of footie.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
and I suspect you'll just be calling yourselves the Rangers also if your goalie intends to play the same way through the season...your going to lose games you shouldn't.
I'm not entirely sure I should be laughing this hard yet, but by chance did the Rangers keeper look like this?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0