Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bundesliga 07-08

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey all, I have taken to watching a lot of Bundesliga now that GolTV is featuring quite a few matches a week...
This week features Miro Klose and Bayern in his first return to Werden Bremen. 6:30am on GolTV...

should be a great game to watch and should be a good yardstick to measure just how far Bayern's spending has got them, I know they are deeper...but how much farther ahead of the curve, talent-wise, are they? I know they are amped up front with Podolski as third choice behind Toni and Klose now...

Ribery sure looks class too, but I think they will dearly miss Hargreaves.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think they'll miss Hargreaves at all, I've watched probably 3 of their games already and they are stellar, the don't really have any weak links, and man can they put the ball in the net. It's going to be tough for anyone to match them this year, IMO

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For sure they are loaded for bear offensively...But Hargreaves was class holding that midfield. Ze Roberto, Altintop, and Sosa will share the duties partnering vanBommell I guess.
Their defense is lightning fast though, especially up the wings with Lahm and Jansen.

But...this is why they play the games, you know Werder and their fans will be up and ready to go for this one.

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Read these forums but never post as noone wants to talk Bundesliga. There must be a GOD!

Johnnybluenose, you are dead wrong. They will not miss Owen at all. German footy is changing and Bayern are a prime example of that. Jurgen Klinsmann changed the face of football at last years WC. He promised the country a fast paced, up tempo, aggressive football and that is what you will now see from the likes of Bayern. Owen just wouldn't fit in. That loser can rot in hell with Man U.

Bayern will have to wait until next year to really find out where they stand amongst the great clubs. Until then UEFA Cup looks to be there's for the taking.

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets just hope your minnow Gers meet us in UEFA CUP, cause you ain't going anywhere in the CL (if you make it)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least we are playing the CL as of right now...and if all hell breaks loose we can parachute into the UEFA...it's nice having options as a 'minnow' :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only reason you're playing is there are only 2 clubs in Scottie Land. Everything else is shite.

How many teams have won the league in Germany since 1978/79? I believe only 6 teams have and out of those teams, Bayern Munich has won it 15 times. There are 18 teams compared to Scotland's twelve BUT you're right, Celtic and Rangers have dominated for a LONG time. Every league is essentially the same with the same 2 - 4 teams in the running to win it every year.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm going to subscribe to GolTV today, so I'll finally be able to watch some of the Bund. Plus with the PVR, I won't have to deal with such unGodly hours.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm going to subscribe to GolTV today, so I'll finally be able to watch some of the Bund. Plus with the PVR, I won't have to deal with such unGodly hours.

Next investment is the PVR, HD is great, but it needs a PVR for above noted reasons. Man I'm tired.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
4 more what!?
The SPL runners up (By a long way) just beat the reigning Bundesliga champs 2-1!!!

Does that not provide ample comparison material?

Now nobody here is under any illusions that either Rangers or Shellick could compete on any level with Bayern Munich (not with that lineup or their new need/love/will to spend money) but Schalke, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Werder (also terrible this year) and Stuttgart could all be beat by either sides of the Auld Firm.

Really, imho, the only leagues that are light years ahead of the other leagues are Serie A, La Liga, and the English Premier League (All Because of their HUGE TV deals that have rendered all the other leagues crippled to attract the top name talent)

Bayern has won the Bundesliga Title 18 times since 63/64 out of 44 years. that is 41% for those of you scoring at home.

I see another parallel to compare to the SPL.

In the 9 years that the SPL has existed since it's inception in 98/99 Celtic or Rangers have won it...Shellick with 5, Gers with 4. (5 after this season :D )
Effectively speaking though...Gers have been around since 1873 and Shellick since 1888
Gers have won 51 League Titles, Shellick have won 41.
That is 92 in 133 years (some seasons were probably abandoned during war times etc... I don't know) but that is 70%
70% divided by two is 35% which is a smaller number than 40% so which league is more competitive? :D

Beat It Wolfgang...

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully, Wolfgang can help. Does "Bundesliga" translate to "fcuking boring" in English.

Why Ribery went to Bayen CrunchenMunchen is a mystery to me. What a waste of talent.

Lastly, Beckenbauer is a wank of the heightest order. Self-centered, boring twat. How womderfully German. As you were.

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Bluenose, you are a wanker. You get one win against a terrible Bundesliga side and you think you are king sh%%. I gurantee Schalke and Leverkusen would kick your arse not alone my boys from Munchen! By the way, take a look, Stuttgart is in 11th place, tell me when the happless Gers or Septic would be ranked that low. Never!!!!! Do you want me to repeat that for you, you uneducated bunch of Scottie lads NEVER. Bundesliga is way more competitive than your dump league. Tell me when you have won the CL? Should I repeat NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go along now Braveheart!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
y the way, the 5-0 rout of Energie By Bayern was something to behold ;)
a hattie by Klose. :D some sweet goals for sure...

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was an extreme. 1st vs 18th (last place). Bayern also would be rated in the top 5 clubs in the world right now. we'll see how we do on the road against Leverkusen tomorrow.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts