Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Broadcasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: England vs. S. Korea on CBC

Did I hear Lenarduzzi correctly? That Hargraves' excellent fitness can be attributed to the Calgary Storm?

I hope this isn't what we can look forward to during the next month and half. :rolleyes:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No worries till finals

No worries about watching games on cbc as they will be mostly showing tape delays other than the semi and final. and i heard a rumour that they will be using different commentators(english with soccer knowledge) during the finals.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBC World Cup Guidelines for commentary team.

* BBC World Cup Guidelines for commentary team.

1 - Within 1 minute of kick off in the opening match (France v
Senegal), the commentator must mention England.

2 - Regardless of what two teams are contesting the final,
England have to be mentioned within the first minute.

3 - The commentator shall refer to the Falkland Isles in
passing at some point during the England v Argentina match.

4 - Whenever a hat trick is scored, comparisons with Geoff
Hurst will be made within seconds of the third goal hitting the net.

5 - Should England wear their red jerseys, then '1966' should be
mentioned approximately 20 times.

6 - 1966 will be mentioned approximately 10 times a match, or
only on 4 or 5 occasions for matches not involving England.

7 - Prior to the captain of the winning team lifting the
trophy, the commentator will mention Bobby Moore. And 1966.

8 - When Germany are playing, they must be referred to as
being arrogant by the commentator on at least 14 occasions. This
must refer to their style, their passing, their haircuts and their generalfootballing ability.. Reference must continually be given to the recent 5 - 1 thrashing dished out by England.

9 - Should England play Germany, mentions of Winston Churchill,
Dambusters, The Luftwaffe and Adolf Hitler will be compulsory. And 1966.

10 - All Scottish members of our commentary team must continue to refer to England as "we" and "us".

11 - We must ensure that nationalistic stereotypes are adhered to. Of course, the Germans are arrogant. The Spanish are bottlers, The Nigerians are fast but bad at defending, The Cameroonians are disorganised, The Argentinians are cheats and the French are only good because their best players play in England.

12 - For matches not involving England, we must only discuss the
players that are playing in England. (eg - Sweden v Nigeria should be referred to as Ljunberg v Kanu).

13 - The mythical "bulldog spirit" phrase should be used as
often as possible.

14 - Each match involving England should begin with the
phrase "England Expects."

15 - Should any player be involved in an injury that involves the
loss of teeth, then references to Nobby Stiles and 1966 are compulsory.

16 - If in doubt, mention 1966.

17 - Praise all of the stunning new stadiums in Japan and Korea, but emphasise that they lack the presence of Wembley, the spiritual home of football since 1966.

18 - Commentators should feel free to imitate the style of Kenneth Wolstenholme, the hero of 1966.

19 - Should any team feature brothers playing together, then
Jackie and Bobby Charlton should be mentioned.

20 - When England bow out after the first stage, we must emphasise that it is a massive blow to football and a serious loss to the World Cup.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver

Hilarious stuff, Sliver, pure genious. Keep it up, couldn't stop laughing.

One thing they won't mention is the controversial goal scored against Portugal in the semifinals of the 1966 World Cup, that wasn't a goal to begin with.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
did you hear the brilliant comment...

Oh my god, I have never laughed so hard at 3:30 in the morning:eek:

They panned over to the Spain bench and the coach, wearing his blue long sleeve dress shirt, is flaggin his arms up and down. Only to be showing the world his two big wet spots under his arms...

Commentator: "Yes folks, they do sell anti-persprint in Korea":eek:
L.O.L.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
colour commentator

Did anyone notice that the commentator was talking to himself all last night I think they need to integrate a colour commentator to send us the somewhat pointless facts to fill the breathing gap by the other commentators.

Cheers
JB

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver hit it right on the money

Last night during the Argentina vs. England game, I think I must have heard at least 10 out of the 20 points Sliver made in his previous post. The announcer mentioned 1966 about 10 times and compared Veron (midfielder from Argentina), who plays on Manchester Utd, to I believe Bobby Charlton, former midfielder for Manchester.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And who do you suggest commentate?

Ya the points made were funny and more or less true but fcuk, who do you want to do play by play? Vic Rauter? If Graham Leggat's not dead somewhere they could get him back! How about the americans from ABC? How about putting Lenarduzzi on full time? Fcuk, I could get my Grandma to come down and string a few phrases together. I'm sure if you listened to a Portugese station they'd NEVER bring up the past Portugese results, statistics, or minutiae. Eusebio is RARELY mentioned by the Pork chops. Either is their so called "Golden Generation" who won what? The Youth World Cup. Unnnhhhh. Give me a break. In case you haven't figured it out yet, the first two letters in BBC stand for BRITISH BROADCASTING.:rolleyes:

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn Commemntators

What was that?
Let me set the scene...

It's in injury time, Mexicao 1 Italy 1.
Both teams know that if the game ends in a tie, they both advance.
Italy retreats to their half of the field and let Mexico pass the ball around their half, until time runs out.
During all this the British commentator is bashing both teams for letting the game end without any drama.
He was calling on the Ref, Fifa, anybody to put a stop to this.
I don't see anything wrong with this.
Both teams knew the result would let them advance.
Why not let time run out and not cause either team to lose the points otr players.
It's really no different than resting a star player in a 'mean nothing' game.
I wonder if the commentator would be saying the same thing if England did that?
I ended up turning the volume off.

Bite me..out

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't see it but the way you describe it Biteme, it sounds exactly like that Simpsons episode when there was a World Cup game in Springfield :D

~TB.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
even more so

Actually, with the Croatian loss, Italy could still have gone through with a 2-1 defeat. Obviously the Italians knew this. It was more than academic.

Anyhow, good the see Del Piero score. Even better was that he replaced Totti to do this. Totti has done fcuk all so far. Rest the poser.

Luch

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually

I taped the Italy-Mexico game while watching Cro-Ecu. Biteme all I have to say is I agree there is nothing wrong with playing for time to run out. Peculiar though? If Croatia wins and Italy ties, Italy is out.

I will tell you what I noticed. When Mex was awarded the free kick at the 90th minute. Blanco and an Italian player were arguing. Buffon runs out and points back towards the the scoreboard, calming both players. What did Buffon see, Ecu1-Cro 0, posted on the scoreboard. Mex takes the free kick which went sailing over the net. Buffon does some time wasting before taking the goal kick. from then on it was obvious what both teams were doing.

The commentator was right, Fifa should crack down on this . Dont punish the teams, anyone else in their right mind would do the same thing. Punish the idiots who put up Cro-Ecu score before injury time. By the way same thing happened at the Cro-Ecu game the Mex-Italy score was posted right before injury time. Pathetic in my opinion, whats the point of playing at the same time.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gag Order during games

How can you stop a fan or even a coach from telling the players the score at the end of the match. If they know the result, they end the game like they did today.

Unless the games are started at the exact same time and the Refs time the game the same, teams will be able to get final results by just picking up a cell phone.

HOS

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What

Vic Rauter:

"Senegal and Sweden looking for the golden goal that might win it"

I don't think anything else needs to be said.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Graham Legget (sp?)

"To my mind..." shut the fcuk up!

Is this only way the man knows how to start a sentence? :rolleyes:

He uses it constantly during every preview/break. As if we didn't know it was his opinion he's about to give. sheesh!!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys if all else fails watch the games on Telelatino it could be the most boring game but the spanish commentators make it so exciting also they go crazy when the teams score.

Its funny because even in the Bahamas we have Telelatino and CBC I was afraid I wasnt going to see any games.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
after watching the repeat (American Coverage style)

Can't remember who it was that had the ball on Ireland...(American commentator):"After 'so and so' receives the ball it appears that he knows where he is going to play the ball next":rolleyes:

+SCthinkscoaching4yearoldsthegameiseasy:rolleyes:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBC1

Ally McCoist on Ronaldinho and Ronaldo; 'Interesting to see both lads go to the same dentist in Rio.'

Gary Lineker on Ronaldinho; 'Ronaldinho looks as though he could eat an apple through a tennis racket.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts