Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bradner Cup Bradner Cup 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley FC (M1) 2 - Langley United (3) 1
In PKs.

It really was men against boys.
Fat...out of shape...old men somehow knocking off young, fit, kids.

Did we really want to progress here?

Awesome!
Now we get to play better kids now!!

Rob J with another solid peformance to round out a stellar weekend in the pipes for us.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same story for the old Fat (not so Lean) guys from NSR (M2)

We beat a Div 4 open team 2 - nil on a fricken hot sunny afternoon! Damn those beers were good and the BBQ was first rate:D

On to the next round, I sure hope we draw some old guys like those Langley FC....I haven't put one past RF in a while!

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The rest of the first round draw is already posted. Some 1st round games played, others were qualifiers.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 3B 3 - 2 Langley U21

A hard fought game yesterday. They were the more technical team and had a fair bit of speed. Didn't use their skill to their advantage and didn't play as well as a team.

Each team had a player sent off in the 40th minute or so and that made a lot of space and changed the game.

We scored late with 5 minutes to go on a great shot from 30 yards. They pushed hard but we hung on.

Really glad to get the win and another free game this year. Hopefully we won't have to play little youngsters again. It's tough to play against a young fast team after a hard fought league game earlier in the weekend.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In all due respect Titan the call for the PK at 40 minutes was rubbish.
And, had he not blown that call I'm not sure those two lads would have been ejected as there wouold have been no hositility as a result.
Funny how a bad call like that can lead to such heated and serious ramifications.
The players have only themsleves to blame but what a train wreck from such a bogus, phantom call.

Did you enjoy the atmosphere the 'Southsiders' produced? ;)

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it just me or is it time for the league to say "there ain't enough good refs. Time for retraction by attrition."??? Would force clubs with 3-4 teams at a specific level to get together and form 1 or 2 teams. Would raise the overall level of competition as well.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it just me or is it time for the league to say "there ain't enough good refs. Time for retraction by attrition."??? Would force clubs with 3-4 teams at a specific level to get together and form 1 or 2 teams. Would raise the overall level of competition as well.

Really? So you are saying we should limit participation in adult recreational soccer? That sounds like a good idea. I'm sure the league/club would be happy to give up the reg fees too. In fact, they should get rid of youth soccer too, too many parents are yelling at refs. I hope I'm missing the sarcasm in your post.

The league should be finding ways to attract more refs and linesmen whether raising the amount earned per game, to a point that they can effectively evaluate and remove under performing refs.

On topic. Div 1 Gunners with a brutal draw (some would say as brutal as North Coquitlam's) drawing one of the 3 other div 1 teams in the cup. After going up 2-0, We blew our lead and lost 5-3. Blew tons of chances to put the game away - should have been 4,5 to 1 before Poco started to really mount a comeback, (missed pk posts, couple great saves by their keep). North Coquitlam battled back hard and deserved it.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dutch - actually, you did miss the sarcasm. :) Sorry forgot the emoticon. The Chwk M1 team doesn't play in Cup until November.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In all due respect Titan the call for the PK at 40 minutes was rubbish.
And, had he not blown that call I'm not sure those two lads would have been ejected as there wouold have been no hositility as a result.
Funny how a bad call like that can lead to such heated and serious ramifications.
The players have only themsleves to blame but what a train wreck from such a bogus, phantom call.

I don't think there was anyone on that field who didn't think that call was garbage. I actually had a good laugh because if anything, there should have been a foul called against us. At least the ref was consistant the whole game though :rolleyes:

The "You skinny bastard" chants were thoroughly enjoyed though, thanks lads!

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Loved the Southsiders. Just disappointed that in the 2nd half when I was taking the goal kicks the group had lost a bit of their voice due to a drop in numbers or an increase in beverage consumption!

All good fun though.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What?!?!? i missed out on being heckled by RF? it would have brought back good times from Rangers-Lions days

RF, any notes on the Chilliwack M1 team?

Old school mate. :cool:

The Chilli M1 team is a mixture of old Mission/Chilliwack Open/Masters Premier teams in last say 5 years or so.
I rate them as being a great candidate to go to Masters Premier next year and think it would be great for that league.
They have guys like Ed Van Dremmilen and Cam Wilmets now.
Good goalkeeping and quite solid from back to front.

Are they drawn up for you guys next round bud?

Cheers,
RF

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has the league posted the qualification results and the other round 1 results somewhere?

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Old school mate. :cool:

The Chilli M1 team is a mixture of old Mission/Chilliwack Open/Masters Premier teams in last say 5 years or so.
I rate them as being a great candidate to go to Masters Premier next year and think it would be great for that league.
They have guys like Ed Van Dremmilen and Cam Wilmets now.
Good goalkeeping and quite solid from back to front.

Are they drawn up for you guys next round bud?

Cheers,
RF

RF,

They sure are... should be an interesting match-up of skill, class and experience vs Div 3 schlups :D.

jtgisgoingotpacksomeextrasunscreenforhisneck

THiKu,

The results and matchups are located here:

http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/pdfs/Bradner_Cup_2012-2013.pdf

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley FC (M1) 2 - Langley United (3) 1
In PKs.

It really was men against boys.
Fat...out of shape...old men somehow knocking off young, fit, kids.

Did we really want to progress here?

Awesome!
Now we get to play better kids now!!

Rob J with another solid peformance to round out a stellar weekend in the pipes for us.

It was hard to believe we left the field with a loss on Monday... you guys had two chances on net and scored on one. The foul and then cram 10 guys in the box technique worked well for you as well... Oh well doesn't matter what I say we lost you won and I am embarrassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0