Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BOYS CONFERENCE CUP 5 DISTRICT U12 GOLD - WHAT A JOKE !!!!

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our u12 Gold team won our 3 group games to reach the semi-finals of the conference cup.
The semi-finals were to be played on 15th Jan . We have suddenly been told that 4 more losing teams have been added and that we have to play in the quarter finals this weekend or before the winter break on 18th Dec.
This is bullshit - we reached the semi-finals on merit by winning all 3 of our group games.

We have played all our leage games + don,t have any make-up games and had told the parents/players we don,t have anymore games til 8th Jan 2011. We also have 4 players injured and another couple on vacation leaving us with only 6 players.
In the circumstances can we refuse to play as we don,t have enough fit players and that we had already reached the semi-finals.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league will never let you re-schedule. But ask your club to appeal anyway! And people wonder why the HPL is being formed? It's because of crap like this that is pulled by the rep districts and the metro/select boards - last minute changes etc etc. They are more worried about their little trophies that don't mean anything....

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our u12 Gold team won our 3 group games to reach the semi-finals of the conference cup.
The semi-finals were to be played on 15th Jan . We have suddenly been told that 4 more losing teams have been added and that we have to play in the quarter finals this weekend or before the winter break on 18th Dec.
This is bullshit - we reached the semi-finals on merit by winning all 3 of our group games.

We have played all our leage games + don,t have any make-up games and had told the parents/players we don,t have anymore games til 8th Jan 2011. We also have 4 players injured and another couple on vacation leaving us with only 6 players.
In the circumstances can we refuse to play as we don,t have enough fit players and that we had already reached the semi-finals.

We had already reached the semi-finals which we were scheduled to play on 8th Jan by winning all our group games and its a joke to put us back into the quarter finals.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is your issue with having to play quarterfinals or because you have injuries? Are you really that concerned with wins and losses???

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The main issue is that the 2 semi-final games were already scheduled to be played on 15th Jan and the young kids were so pleased that if they win that they are in the final of a cup. All players young and old are excited about playing in a cup final. If u are not then football isn,t the game for u.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took a quick peak. I can assume you are Surrey United?

1. District 5 ALWAYS has quarterfinals when they have 4 groups in the group stage. The only time they don't have quarterfinals is if there are only 2 or 3 groups. The league should have just posted your age as having quarterfinals right from the start knowing how many were registered in the competition.
2. You are playing a team that also won their group and would have been in the semi-finals so it is likely you would have been drawn against them anyway....
3. I totally agree with you - the last minute change shouldn't happen. The league needs to decide what they think is more important, league or cup games? If cup games are more important than simply schedule the teams that reach the quarterfinals to play the knock-out rounds on Sundays. Don't tell me they can't find fields because by 2pm there is LOADS of space on fields throughout the community (ref's could be a big problem though!).

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The main issue is that the 2 semi-final games were already scheduled to be played on 15th Jan and the young kids were so pleased that if they win that they are in the final of a cup. All players young and old are excited about playing in a cup final. If u are not then football isn,t the game for u.

Great, then they get to win 2 games to reach the final and it will feel so much better when they do. If their excitement is really what it's about for you?...

The league did let you down by not scheduling the quarterfinals when they always have them with as many teams as are in your age group.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geordie it's all about development, m8

Honestly for me U12 gold was hugely important. It was the first time there was provincials, proper coaching and a real serious organized structure. We won the league, coastal cup and provincials in U12 and I still remember my U12 and U13 years winning together and feeling like I had a team of brothers. Sure you are 11 and in the end it is about development and not winning and losing but for fukc sakes that is non sense as a kid you want to win the trophy you worked all year for. To not get a fair shot with the your full team is shite even at 11 it needs to be better organized to be fair to the kids.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kinda glad my kid moved on from soccer, because this is exactly the situation I'd be in now as a coach and parent.

The inconsistent politics around youth soccer baffle me. Too many busy bodies at the admin level who value their importance over the kids. Sounds like this was something that could have been avoided w/ clear communication. Easier said than done.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude - exactly why the HPL needs to move forward....because the district boards can't get along, can't stay organized, can't stay "uniform" and then only the kids get hurt. An example this very thread and the reason for the coach to start it. I have no argument with his being upset at the last minute change - especially when the district had to have known they'd play quarterfinals. And if the district did NOT know, why then rush to add them? It makes no sense!

If the HPL is run smoothly, logically, and well then more and more teams will join it creating an HPL 2 and maybe even HPL 3 below the top tier of HPL.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure, whatever you say.

Just coming from the coaching / parenting perspective...the best part about coaching is the coaching. Being with the kids, seeing them develop into players, and growing a love for the game. No matter how good they become, seeing them develop a love for the game is the most rewarding.

The worst part, by far, is the politics and busy bodies who've never played the game, but they can administate like mad.

Part of that is nurturing the love and not introducing scenarios that can turn them off, ie: playing an effing cup game in mid December! Take a break, go skiing or snowboarding, come back refreshed in January. Everyone knows kids get out of school, and half the famillies take off to do other things. Jesus, not that tough to figure out.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And, um, could care less about the HP league or whatever it is called because, you see, I'd still be coaching even w/ out my kid playing if I could have stomached the politicking better.

Thus the "whatever".

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great, then they get to win 2 games to reach the final and it will feel so much better when they do. If their excitement is really what it's about for you?...

The league did let you down by not scheduling the quarterfinals when they always have them with as many teams as are in your age group.

Bettermirror, first the bad news - we were in the semi-finals v Gac Dragons but we now we have to play in the Q-Final v Chilliwack Attack the best team in the leage.

Good news is we can play this game after the Xmas/New year break on Jan 8 or 9 when we,ll have a full squad of 12 players to choose from.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror, first the bad news - we were in the semi-finals v Gac Dragons but we now we have to play in the Q-Final v Chilliwack Attack the best team in the leage.

Good news is we can play this game after the Xmas/New year break on Jan 8 or 9 when we,ll have a full squad of 12 players to choose from.

Thanks for your good luck messages . We,ll start the new year in style playing Chiiliwack Attack 2 times - away on Sat 8th Jan in a leage game and then home on Sun 9th Jan in the Q-Final cup game.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0