Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Boxing Update (Not that anyone cares)

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Winky Wright upset Shane Mosley last week destroying Sugar Shane's plans to fight Trinidad. Wright may now fight Tito. Or Mosley again. Or someone else. :rolleyes:

Corrie Sanders and Vitali Klitschko fight in late April for the Heavyweight title. Sanders, apparently, is in decent shape and Klitschko says he is ready to be champion. Does anyone care?

De La Hoya and Hopkins are planning to fight in September with the Golden Boy earning $30 million USD. Not bad for a fighter who has lost three times in his last nine fights. For this fight to happen both fighters will have to emerge triumphant in preliminary bouts this summer.

Tyson's manager wants him to start training and take a fight this summer. Tyson says he is old, tired and out of shape and doesn't exactly sound pumped. He hasn't fought since February 2003 when he knocked out (cough cough fix cough) Etienne in the first round. Tyson is done. Fcuk, I'd fight him if he tried to take my Subway Sandwich.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap,

The heavyweight division is a joke. There isn't one capable fighter in the lot. Have to look at the little guys to get any competitive bouts. Tito, Mosely, Wright and DeLa Hoya make for the most compelling group.

I would like to see Hatton come to the States and fight someone. I think Zab Judah is in his class and could provide an interesting match.

Lean

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zab Judah got beat by Spinks on saturday night in a very entertaining fight. On the same card Klitscko got dummied. Two weeks till Vitaly fights Sanders for his brothers honour. As Roy Jones said on Sat night if Vitaly gets beat by Sanders thier family has no honour.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard that Tyson is going to be involved in a K1 match in a few weeks/months time. That should really help his brain. :rolleyes:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shannon Briggs? is in for sure in Vegas and although tyson may have inked a deal they do not have an opponent or a venue.
Is he allowed to fight in the states?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boxing hasn't been the same since the parachute man landed in the ring in 1993(?) during a heavyweight title fight and was then pummeled by fans, trainers, and the boxers.. :p

There is nothing like the heavyweight division in boxing :D

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Klitscho vs Sanders

Vitaly made amends for his brothers poor showing against Sanders. He stopped him in the 8th with a nice pelting that forced the ref to step in. Sanders throws a vicious left. All in all probable the best Heavyweight bout in The last Year.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
After the fight was there any mention of his next opponent. I'm guessing he is going to avenge his brothers latest loss. :)

I am looking forward to the Jones vs Tarver matchup on the 14th. That one should be a good one.

Parkhead

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
He said after the fight that Lennox had made a promise to him. That after thier last fight, he had been told they would have a rematch, and that he expects Lennox to honour his word. So that is what he wants to do next.
Lennox was in the crowd smiling and listening to this post match.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts