Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Bookie] WC Round of 16 - Italy v Australia [R]

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [Bookie] WC Round of 16 - Italy v Australia

Italy has yet to impress me. 2900 on the Socceroos.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [Bookie] WC Round of 16 - Italy v Australia

Italy to win...

Aussie with 10 shots...zero on net.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn. I thought they were playing at 10 for some stupid reason.

Oh well. It'll go to extra time -- mark my words.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolute brutal call to award the italians a penalty shot. Australia had been all over the Italians and will and should be very upset with this call.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joke is right. Maybe the ref was paid off? :D

What was a great tourney is quickly becoming a bit of a farce :mad:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is FCUKING BRUTAL.

If ever there has been a call to decide a match, that was it. The ref should be ashamed of himself.

Meanwhile, the I-tie still fail to impress and the Aussie's deserve better.

Shocking! :mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Diabolical indeed. I only watched snippets here and there, but I-tals, when I watched, seemed either disinterested, or unable to keep pace w/ the Aussies. The Roos out paced and out muscled the Itals on the ball.

That said, phew...:D

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Italians are an embarassement to soccer with their constant diving...but shame on that ref for fallin for that and turning what has been a great tournament into a farce....Can't believe they are still in the tourn they are garbage....too bad for Australia who outplayed them with more class and got screwed....should have called the pk against italy for the hand ball if he was givin em away so easily then it would have been over...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So help me, the first I-tie to come on TTP and yap about how great their team is, is gonna have their avatar changed. Just try me.

I knew I had to make it as soon as he did it. :D

Attachments

• babytotti.jpg
    babytotti.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 112

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
So help me, the first I-tie to come on TTP and yap about how great their team is, is gonna have their avatar changed. Just try me.

I knew I had to make it as soon as he did it. :D

that was awesome.....garbage is an understatement....weak call on the PK!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys are ****ing funny.

The peno was a peno, if he wasnt fouled he is clear in on the keeper.

How come nobody talks about the call for the red card? At best a yellow if that. But I guess you are too focussed on finding the smallest little thing to complain about the Italians!

Its funny how everybody always talks about what the Italians do, they do this they dive they havent impressed bah bah bah!!!

All I know it that Italia won love it or hate it!

FORZA ITALIA!!!!!

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is it the worst offenders never get punished, but they sure got rewarded today????

F..ing joke. I believe Italia is Latin for mockery.

I may not watch soccer any more it makes me sick to my stomach!

This World Cup is a great example why North Americans think our game is full of panzy asses and pussies.

"I'm not upset though?!?!":mad:

ZENYO

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This match deserved to go into extra time. The Aussies deserved a better fate. That team has a ton of heart and a bit of talent to boot. If they had beaten my Azzurri I would have cheered them on the rest of the way. There is absolutely no way that a call like that should be made in extra time of a knockout game in the world cup… It’s ludicrous.

But, to suggest that it was a dive, to suggest the “Italians got lucky again” (when did they get lucky last?), to suggest the Italians played horribly, to suggest that call wouldn't have went he aussies way… Come on, from a soccer community? You have to be funning me. What where they supposed to do? They have man tossed on a straight red that would have been a questionable yellow. We pull a striker and put in a defender, down a man playing D and looking for an opening every once in a while… That’s the way soccer is played… In every nation! In our own leagues!

Maybe the aussies (or any other whiner) need to take a step back and try and figure out why they couldn’t penetrate our back line when they are up a man, why they kept on kicking field goals, why they couldn’t beat buffon, and why a defender needs to stick out his elbow (that’s right, look at the replay) and foul a player in the box in a 0-0 game.

Maybe you can trash the ref. But don’t start whining about the team, they’re working hard out there…

Italy has played well in this tourney… Offensively and defensively... They have let in one goal, and it was an own goal… They played two teams that are ranked higher than them… (I know I know… the ranking is flawed). And to suggest the Italians are the only team with fake falls and theatrics… Come on! Have a look at your teams… Have a look at yourselves in the local games…. You got to be kidding me… I really thought educated people with some soccer knowledge occupied this forum… My mistake, but thanks anyway, I’ll go back to lurking. I can’t even believe I fell for the bait and posted this in the first place…

Forza Azzurri! Forza LDP! Howyadoingbud?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga:

Obviously you weren't watching the same game as everybody else here was. Must be something about blue-tinted glasses.:rolleyes:

Where was there a foul? Falling over a body lying on the ground is a long way from being tripped in the box.

Matterazzi's card couldn't have happened to a nicer goon (oops, I mean fine human being). Of course he would never deliberately foul anybody; he's an angel. (oops, might have to check with Lionel Messi to see how his nose is after Mattz gave him the people's elbow in the Champs League).

To add some balance here:

1) Italy has some of the best defenders in the world. Cannavaro is a class act.
2) Buffon should be the next Italian president. He is one of the best at what he does, period.
3) the bullshite attitude of "who me?" after fouling somebody (or conversely flopping and rolling after being fouled) is not solely confined to the Italian team. Even a couple of the Aussies were doing it today.

Loyalty to your team is great. What you've expressed puts you in the company of Leaf fans, when you don't understand why and can't accept when other people are critical of your favourite group of blue-suits.

Trece

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts