Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Bookie] 2006 WC Final - Italy vs France

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hate to say it, but Italy's pulling themselves together a bit better than the French. Henry has looked dangerous at times (and groggy! What was that all about?), but Italy is really putting in a solid team game.

Zidane is the football-fcuking-master.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
France was much better in that 2nd frame.

The officiating has been marvelous. Could've perhaps called that second PK, but I suppose now Italy can't comlain about the first.

So I'm guessing no one is watching at home with a computer nearby?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
lets be honest regs who hasn't wanted to head butt an italian like that at one time or another. foolish yes, did it have an effect on the game, no. sure Zidane would have taken a shot but that doesn't change the fact that trezueget(sp) missed his.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you just brush off an incident like that?

No fcuking way!

And it did affect the match. Trezueget wouldn't have been shooting in the 2nd slot.

Anyways, congrats to the I-ties - Luch, Zenga, TA, etc!

Cheers,

~Regs.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah shite......:rolleyes:

Wonder what Mattz said to Zidane about his mother to make him snap like that? It didn't look like there was any contact between the two of them before the incident...

Trezeguet was a bit unlucky (understatement of the week).

We now resume our regularly scheduled summer activities. Please try not to run over any small children on your way out of the Italian Centre parking lot.

Trece

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Un-fcuking-believable.

It's incredible: Zidane is such a player that post-game discussion about him can eclipse the fact that Italy won. What on Earth could have made him snap like that? After so many years playing that the highest levels -- hadn't he heard everything before? CRAZY!

I thought the better team lost today, however, Italy has been strong all tournament. Cannavaro was amazing; Guttso (sp?) was a pain in every opponents' side; and Buffon made the trip to the final that much easier for them (not much to do today).

Congratulation to the I-ties. And nice touch on the impromtu hair salon. :D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:

No fcuking way!

And it did affect the match. Trezueget wouldn't have been shooting in the 2nd slot.

Cheers,

~Regs.

okay trezueget would have shot in the third or fourth spot. I guess you are one of the guys that thinks if you go back in the past move a rock and the whole world will be completely different. I'm not brushing it off it was a a stupid thing to do and for zidane to do it is pretty amazing but no affect on the match in my opinion. I think its stupid to make zidane a scape goat. An embarrassment to himself but no more then that.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
okay trezueget would have shot in the third or fourth spot. I guess you are one of the guys that thinks if you go back in the past move a rock and the whole world will be completely different. I'm not brushing it off it was a a stupid thing to do and for zidane to do it is pretty amazing but no affect on the match in my opinion. I think its stupid to make zidane a scape goat. An embarrassment to himself but no more then that.

Who is to say Zidane wouldn't have scored the winner before penalties? He has done it before. Right, England? :D

3 perspective penalty takers out of the line-up....It looked to me that Henry tanked it......Vieira was obviously injured but Henry.......

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Domench has been taking Henry off near the end of every game, it ceases to amaze me why. There is no doubt that Henry has the stamina to play the full 120mins. Loss of Viera was a huge blow, and it will be interesting to see if we ever find out what set Zidane off. With the loss of those 3 for PK's I knew it would be much more difficult. France deserved the win. Italians as usual putting everyone behind the ball.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freestyler said:
Domench has been taking Henry off near the end of every game, it ceases to amaze me why. There is no doubt that Henry has the stamina to play the full 120mins. Loss of Viera was a huge blow, and it will be interesting to see if we ever find out what set Zidane off. .

He took Henry off because he was gassed and probably concussed, and was gambling that fresh legs would get them the win before time...
a worthwhile gamble for a coach. I dont believe that the loss or exclusion if you like of ZZ, Henry, Viera had a big impact on the PKs; Italy got the business done, and France were just a bit short. Congrats to Italy!

Off to find Jua, Spada, Chico, Luch, Marco and even Dickens who judging by my incoming text messages are going off on the drive...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Off to find Jua, Spada, Chico, Luch, Marco and even Dickens who judging by my incoming text messages are going off on the drive...

Sir M:

Probably find them at SCP's card emporium at the PCOV being relieved of their cash by the locals....:rolleyes:

:D

Trece

Oops - that was supposed to read "involved in a pre-tournament practice for Osoyoos with the PCOV players." :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
Sir M:

Probably find them at SCP's card emporium at the PCOV being relieved of their cash by the locals....:rolleyes:

Trece

trece: Oh my God , I FORGOT about SCP! :eek: I must go rescue them! Next thing you know they will all owe thousands and have to suit up next year for PCOV as ransom...
kind of like a pirate movie!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sight of the Day had to be an older man about 75 or 80 with a flag wrapped around his body crying in the middle of the drive. Classic.

Italia. Viva Italia

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:

No fcuking way!

Cheers,

~Regs.

Cheers.

Attachments

• final1.jpg
    final1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 104

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Viva Las Vegas!

Ticket purchased January 12 (give or take a day) at the 'concrete convention'

Italy to win the World Cup!!!

Buffon was amazing against France, although, I dont think he went the right way on any of the PK's.

http://www.pumafootball.com/buffon.jsp

Cannavaro was hurt by Pirlo's play in the voting for golden ball.

Zidane went Algerian.

People were being arrested on the Drive.

Abruzzo White beat Abruzzo Blue in the Alumni game.

KNvB is still a knut.

And the rest of you TTP'ers will have to listen to us greasy wops for another four years.

Take this dive and shove it.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0