Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Biggest surprises and disappointments

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although they may mean the same thing....

It is surprising to see such teams as Ford and Sapperton struggling....

What about players?
Which players are standing out?
Which players should retire? or join Club I in div1;)

With the predictions page going, there is hardly any banter re: premier team.....

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You should never really be surprised when WAB and the hype machine are involved. Don't get me wrong Pipo, he sucked me in as well. I even predicted they would top that side for fcuk sakes. There may have been 40 guys at training, but he never really said how the training went.

I am a bit surprised Westside is 2-0-1 to start. With-out Ollie, Simon, Besty and Keith I thought they may be in big trouble, but they looked alright last week and definitely fit.

MF is a kick in the junk though. Why did so many players leave? So many good player to.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only 3 games in

We started off worse last year!

We went 0W 4L and 1T to start last season and finish 3 points out of first place on Side A.

If we win tonight we 'll be 3 points ahead of last season. ;)

Injuries, injuries, injuries! Key players injuried. It happen last year and it's happening again. We also have some support players like yours truly who have injuries and can't be called on to help. Tonight will be different!

Besides, we lose more players than anyone to Universities and colleges. That's the the price of a successful youth system. Surrey U will find this out in the next few years as their youth teams become better.

The two seasons that the Wolves struggled with relegation and just squeeked in to the BC's (one through a back door), we won them. Recipe for success?

The players leaving were players who don't want to work for their spots. Congrats to those that picked up these passangers. Time will reveal that these passangers only make for good conversations of how good they use to be.

BTW; thanks for your concern but in my opinion, this thread is a wee bit too early to start up. Try Christmas time.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJ

Just trying to start some chit-chat regarding the season...

Other than in the predictions page, there really is no discussion about our Premier Div.

DJones, dont be so bitter. Yes, Ford has lost some players....and other than the TWO that joined Inter...who else have you guys lost to other teams?

We lost players from last years squad that went to another Ital premier team:rolleyes: , but we dont hold any grudges to these players. We encourage them to do well...

Thoughts?

~SuperPippo

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: DJ

Originally posted by Zaurrini

We lost players from last years squad that went to another Ital premier team:rolleyes: , but we dont hold any grudges to these players. We encourage them to do well...

Thoughts?

~SuperPippo

I'm so sure pippo!!!!!!!

DJ,
Corazza and Van shaegen were not just two guys who didn't want to fight for there spots , I personally think they were the best two players Metro Ford had.

TA

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TA

I am serious about that...
Why would I not want to see friends do well?
We all play together/against each other in the summer.
Not to mention it would do the 'community' proud seeing two Premier teams doing well.

Van Shagen has been a very welcomed addition. He has a cannon of a left foot....

...Denis Kindel and Van Shagen are the only two former Ford players we have signed.

TA how would you know who Ford's best players were from last year?????:confused:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cause I watched them play about 6-7 times....thanks for coming out. Don't try to hide the fact that Corazza is coming to play with you guys. He was signed the first day that Joe M. took over as coach. I was just wondering who from Inter has crossed over to Milan??

pippoisfullofb.s.

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini great thread

My comment about the league right now would be what a great year to relegate 4-6 teams to get the league back to 10 teams. The scores that have come in the first few weeks are unbelievable. Is there enough talent to support 14 teams to have a quality game week in and week out during the season?

Smiles

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, no

Corazza has not signed.

Hopefully he will, but as of yet....no other signings to report.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Contraction?

Remove 4 teams, and promote 2 teams....
do the same the following year.

And then in the third year, go back to two teams promoted/relegated.

I agree.

Yes, there is talent out there to support 14 teams. But you would greatly increase the talent level of the top ten teams if you went back to 10 teams in Premier.
Thus, giving the VMSL control of the Province Cups, and serious contenders in the Nationals.

of course, if that happened I may be playing in div 1 with Club I:p

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts