Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Betman Should Resign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Betman is a disgrace to the entire hockey community, and has seriously harmed the NHL's image outside of North America. Is he the only one who doesnt realize how idiodic his stance is? Arturs Irbe should have played last night. The Slovaks should of had all their players available, just as Canada and the US will. It's hard to see how his opinion on this can be because of anything other than racism. He has no warranted opinion or valid point. and must resign NOW !!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice first post... sorta

Good topic.

I also think Bettman is a tosser and cringe everytime I see him in an interview. The question is though, who could do the job adequately? A Canadian? Someone who's 'known' in the hockey world?

~TB.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In no way am I defending Betman

The Slovaks should of had all their players available, just as Canada and the US will

Oilers27, remember that neither players on the U.S. or team Canada will not miss any NHL games to participate in the olympics. The teams in the NHL have every right to not allow their players to attend the olympics if it means they will miss NHL games. They are under contract's for millions of dollars to provide a service to a team for a period of time. It's a business.

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, good point but carolina let Arturs Irbe go but betman refused but he let the goalie from denver go. I think he should have exanded the break by one week to let players play for their country, and yes they are paid lots but there should be a fair chance for all players

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've also thought about the league possibly extending the break by a week but then their would be three weeks of catching up to be done, which would make the season way to long.

re. Irbe :
After the league recieved complaints from unnamed teams, it stipulated that players could not miss league matches to play in the olympic preliminaries.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the love of country...

I agree that Irbe, and others, should have been allowed to play in the Olympics. The problem is, had Betman taken a stand and exempted all players for National team duty (ala FIFA), he may win our praise, but he surely would get ass canned. A little hindsight could have solved this problem by playing all Pool B prelims in the summer. Hindsight is 20/20.

Candidates? Gretzky would be perfect, but I don't think he'll ever be available. He's easily the most recognized hockey personality in the world, and has the business sense and Maple Leaf to make it work. How about Messier? Perhaps you need to look to someone like Mike Gartner? Pierre LaCroix? What about Bob Nicholson? Tough to say; you need someone who is young enough to bring the energy and enthusiasm the job really needs, but with enough miles that he has been around the block enough to have garnered league wide respect. I do think, for the best interest of long-term prosperity, the commish would need to be Canadian. Right now, the league needs two things: a salary cap, and profit sharing.

They should also keep them for 4-year terms (on a guaranteed contract), and only allow them to stay a maximum of two terms. Just like the US Presidential system.:rolleyes:

Ah hell- I vote for the The Apprentice. Or maybe Bubba Clinton.
:D

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
putz

He is still a bum and i would like to see a new face in his poistion

I second that emotion.

He is a putz, and he has always been a putz ever since the NHL hired him to 'save' the league and turn it into the NBA. Has he ever done anything good for hockey? Does he understand offside.

SYCwillnowgobacktoyellingatchildrenasBetmangetsmeallriledup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts